It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapist To Be Allowed To End His Life

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
After reding this article, I don't know how I feel about this being allowed to happen.

Why should a convicted rapist be allowed to end his life because of the claimed psychological damage being inflicted? Isn't that part of the punishment? To endure everlasting pain after declaring remorse for the way in which you treated women?

Where will this stop? Will it creep into the U.K and all of a sudden the Home Office started to receive requests from the likes of Brady or Sutcliffe?

Would you be comfortable with this? I don't know if I am, but maybe it's due to more perverse reasons on my part, such as continuing psychological damage. You raped or killed someone, you deserve to be punished.

Link - news.sky.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
That is a big question indeed but I would say that if we are leaning towards legal euthenasia for pysical illness it could be argued that those with mental illness should be alt least offered the same option.

I am not saying that is my opinion, just that it should be considered.

a reply to: Cobaltic1978

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Cheaper to euthanize him than to house him for another 30 years. I don't have a problem with it. As long as that's what he wants, let him die. End of story.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I am kinda torn too, I mean I am for you making the choice of rather you want to continue to live, your body, your choice. Not over any little thing, but don't want to get into that now.

At the same time, I think this guy should have to live with what he did.
He made the bed, now sleep in it.

Ending your life is the easy way out for those in need of one, I don't think he deserves that.
Especially state sponsored.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Well IDK how the UK system is but they could save that money else where in dealing with people that don't really need to be in there, not those that actually do need to be.
edit on rdSat, 03 Jan 2015 16:51:00 -0600America/Chicago120150080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
As above it's far cheaper than keeping him in prison for 30 years and then letting him out to do it again.

Definatley not an easy answer.

a reply to: Sremmos80

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I agree with the other posters, death should be everyones choice.

However, the psychological stresses they try to escape will only follow them into the afterlife, most likely multiplied.

The only hell is the one we create for ourselves.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Ya I get that, see above post.

Just think this is the easy way out for him.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Every competent person should have the legal authority to end their own life, with no reason required.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
They should ask his victims to vote on it, let him be put out of his misery, or let him deal with his crimes for the rest of his life, if they vote for letting him die, they should have the choice of method- chair, injection or rope.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
More food for the rest of us.
Let him go.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If he is suffering because of his deeds, then I feel it is our duty to keep him alive. His rights were surrendered the moment he decided to defile a poor female.

How does the victim and her family feel? Let them decide if he should be privileged enough to be entitled to euthanasia.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I think that without knowing the details it is impossible to decide. This guy obviously has some serious mental health issues and without full details it is somehat hard to judge what should or should not be allowed.

The peolpe in charge of his welfare have deemed it acceptable and they have far more information than we do in this particular case.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Mmmmmm.
Interesting conundrum. Personally I think that he should be given the right to exit.
What really amused me was reading the comments section of various 'news' websites on this story.

Ordinary decent regular citizens seemed to think that by choosing death he was somehow cheating punishment and wished all manner of horrendous punishments upon him for decades for his truly appalling crimes.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I found it very interesting how people derived a more satisfactory outcome of him suffering in prison albeit with a mind boggling array of painful, (usually genital) tortures applied constantly.

The sadistic streak and delight in suffering held by so many 'decent' people was interesting.
Stories like this expose the heart of darkness that resides within us all.
As my moniker states........Humans Eh!

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

It's a problematic idea for Europe as it can be seen as a proxy to invoke the death penalty for crimes. VDB has apparently confessed and served 30 years.

I don't see a moral problem with euthanasia of the worst in society. However there are people like Dr Shipman and Fred West (lots more) who do their crimes, get caught and kill themselves in prisons without ever admitting wrong or giving the victims' families any peace.

These people shouldn't have the option of silence, conviction and then taking the easy way out. Those who take full responsibility and serve prison time could qualify for euthanasia.

A bigger issue for me would be the number of terminally ill people in the UK who aren't allowed euthanasia. They've done nothing wrong and are only asking for mercy and freedom of choice. We should not be saying no to them and then allowing it for the murderers.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I totally agree, reading the likes of prisoners get to experience the sweet, sweet feeling of euthanasia, has really wound me up.

Both my Nan's suffered with dementia and had to suffer it, my mother-in-law has to suffer the pain of crumbling bones. The pain is indescribable yet, these depraved individuals are allowed such mercy?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This case is in Belguim who legalised it over a decade ago.

I personally question Fred West "suicide" but thats a different story.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Isn't that part of the punishment? To endure everlasting pain after declaring remorse for the way in which you treated women? 

Sounds a lot like torture when you say it.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Would you be comfortable with this?

Any adult should be allowed to end their life for any reason they want. IMHO that goes for convicted felons as well. It will be one less person sucking up oxygen and clean water that the rest of us need to survive in this over populated planet. So I'm fine with it.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I think some crimes should have mandatory death sentences after conclusive convictions. Rape is one of those crimes.

To me it doesnt matter too much how the death sentence is enforced, nor by whom enforces it, save only that it is quick and done with precision.

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

I totally agree, reading the likes of prisoners get to experience the sweet, sweet feeling of euthanasia, has really wound me up.

Both my Nan's suffered with dementia and had to suffer it, my mother-in-law has to suffer the pain of crumbling bones. The pain is indescribable yet, these depraved individuals are allowed such mercy?

Can I ask who is forcibly stopping them from ending their own lives?

Your life is your own, always. There is no valid law nor decree that could ever change that. If you wish to leave your current life, which is perfectly acceptable and is your divine right to do anytime you choose, then do so. You do not need some states permission to do so.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join