It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traffic stop in New Jersey ends in death.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
A police shooting has occurred in New Jersey during a traffic stop, resulting in the death of a 36 year old father of a 3 month old.

Police officers in Bridgeton, New Jersey opened fire on a 36-year-old passenger of a Jaguar after pulling the vehicle over at South Avenue and Henry Street around 9:20 p.m. Tuesday.

The man, later identified as Jerame Reid, died after being rushed to the hospital.

Police recovered a handgun from the scene and the suspect was apparently armed at the time of the shooting, according to investigators.

One witness

Tahli Dawkins, who was taking out his recycling at the time of the shooting, told NBC10 he witnessed the incident.
"He had nothing in his hands," Dawkins said. "He had his hands up trying to get out of the car, one on the door was getting out like this and he just started shooting him."

The victim did have prior engagements with the police; however, family insist he was turning his life around. Stories like this are becoming all too common.

www.nbcphiladelphia.com...#

Here's another good article on the incident

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
My opinion is simple. If the victim was armed and aiming at police it was his own fault. If he was unarmed then the cops deserve the hatred and cop killers that are coming.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
...smh

Welcome to the new USA. We will be seeing a lot more of this going forward. Police thinking they can open fire for not following the most basic of instructions. Anyone with a gun pointed at them will be scared for their life with adrenalin pumping and will do what they feel they need to, too preserve their life.

Gun on him he feels his best coarse of action it to put his hands up and make it clear to the cops that he is not a threat whether they say don't move or not. It instinct, plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This was already posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still in the new threads list, even.
edit on 3-1-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Provided link

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: phoenix9884

"He had nothing in his hands," Dawkins said. "He had his hands up trying to get out of the car, one on the door was getting out like this and he just started shooting him."

I can see this "his hands were up" eye witness acounts becoming the new thing in some communities whether true or not. Just to get back at the cops which is why all cops need body cams to stop these lies from witnesses before it becomes widespread.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyTreason

originally posted by: phoenix9884

I can see this "his hands were up" eye witness acounts becoming the new thing in some communities whether true or not. Just to get back at the cops which is why all cops need body cams to stop these lies from witnesses before it becomes widespread.

Exactly. So many people are against cops. So in these situations 'eye witnesses' can't even be taken as evidence anymore, because who knows if what they say is true. Everyone wants justice and everyone wants revenge. I for one, would like to know what the mans past run ins with the police were. If they were assault charges, I don't blame the cops.
edit on 3-1-2015 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

They create their own enemies and it mostly has to do with interactions people have during minor traffic violations. The police officer treats people like # and half of their friends have been to jail over a green plant and it just creates a general feeling of anxiety towards them and its been festering for decades.

People just want to be treat properly and not be investigated for growing a plant in their backyard.

Also if the police have a decent rapport with the local population in most smaller places i bet the community would be more willing to work with them on the cases that really need to be solved and they would require far less armament, less tanks and swat.
edit on 1/3/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

????
What does this story have to do with MJ?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

The general feeling of distrust between the officers and citizens thats ramping up aggression leading to an increase in the likelihood of these events.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

They create their own enemies and it mostly has to do with interactions people have during minor traffic violations. The police officer treats people like # and half of their friends have been to jail over a green plant and it just creates a general feeling of anxiety towards them and its been festering for decades.

People just want to be treat properly and not be investigated for growing a plant in their backyard.

Also if the police have a decent rapport with the local population in most smaller places i bet the community would be more willing to work with them on the cases that really need to be solved and they would require far less armament, less tanks and swat.

I've said it before on this site and I'll say it again... I have never had a problem with the police. My friends (black and white alike) have never had problems with the police. Perhaps it's because we don't have a track record with the police. Perhaps it's also because when we are stopped and questioned we are all polite, and straight to the point. Because it's the right thing to do. Because we can imagine how hard the job of a police officer must be, and we shouldn't make it harder. We were all taught not to badmouth authority figures whether we disagreed with them or not. This must be something that the vast majority of Americans must have missed from their childhood.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This topic is being followed here.

Please add to that thread.

Closed.

top topics

join