It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!URGENT! i cannot get automatic updates...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
heya

i have been having a hard time to get automatic updates from the windows site...

just today i got SP2 in order to fix this problem but this didn't work...

when i go to the update page, i can pick the update i want and the click "install" and then it says: "the following were not installed" and it says all of them i picked...

i am using SP2, win. xp and IE...

any ideas???

thanks...

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Your version of XP is legal right?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Your version of XP is legal right?

yes...

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Run it again and see if it gives you an error code like '0x800A138F' or something. When you have the specific error it makes tracking down the problem a matter of Google searching.

Did you get SP2 on a CD or download the administrative install package?

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
Run it again and see if it gives you an error code like '0x800A138F' or something. When you have the specific error it makes tracking down the problem a matter of Google searching.

Did you get SP2 on a CD or download the administrative install package?

i got SP2 off a website...

and when i cannot install it, there is no error message that pops up...

just a list of this of the things that didn't install...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
You can gather information about the Windows XP SP2 installation and about your computer that can help troubleshoot the issue. This information includes the Windows XP SP2 log files, details about the configuration of your from the System Information tool, and information that is logged in the application event log and in the system event log in Event view. This information can help a Microsoft Product Support Service professional who works with you to diagnose the issue. To collect this information, follow these steps:1. Locate the Windows XP SP2 Setup log files. The Setup program logs information about the Windows XP SP2 installation to the following log files: � Setupapi.log
� Svcpack.log
� Spuninst.log
The log files are located in the %Windir% folder. For example, if Windows XP is installed to the C:\Windows folder, the log files are located in the C:\Windows folder.
REF: windows sp2 troubleshooting

[edit on 15-12-2004 by makeitso]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I had a virus that caused mine not to work. I am not sure of the name but I didn't know about it untill I had my computer sent in to have it worked on. It was doing the same thing as yours almost. I couldn't even really connect though. I could get to the site but it couldn't do anything from me. Do a google search on windows update virus's or something. Maybe you will find something.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Did you reboot? It's been awhile, but I believe that I had a similar problem and the files installed on start-up. The golden rule for PCs is, "When in doubt, reboot."

new topics

top topics

join