It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diving Down the Rabbit Hole Has Changed Me, I'm Starting to Worry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Dont give up on the things that matter to you
a reply to: mysterioustranger

No, I'll never do that because it is starting to dovetail with what I'm talking about. Like making everything I normally do part of the whole.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I just messaged this one to Shamrock6, but I thought I might as well put this one out there for everyone.

Don't you think it's finally time for some sort of reaction to all this?

Look at how it got this way, learn from what they did to accomplish this, and use that to defeat them. It will take lots of time, money and lot of connections, but it could get done in my life time.

It's time to correct the problem, and they will show us how to do it. Do you see what I'm saying? That is, becoming the monster to defeat the monster, but it will work, it has for them.

This is part of my recent conclusions in my morality shift. It's an extreme idea, but they invented it, not me.

ETA: If it were taken to the extremes that it currently is at, then it would cross my moral threshold, or maybe not.
edit on 2-1-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
When I think about what I just stated in my last post, I realize that I have been exposed to this scenario in two CT subjects I've recently looked in to, and, strangely enough, the the Gotham TV series ie."The Penguin".

Good to see where some of this got into my skull. I seem to be programed by some of this apparently.
edit on 2-1-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comment

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I've been down a few rabbit holes (see sig) and I know what you mean, OP. I don't know which specific rabbit holes you've been down, but I suspect they all lead to the same place eventually. What we need is to finally hit rock bottom, and watch the entire infrastructure destroy itself already. 30 years is too long. I used to feel bad for wanting to see everything implode, but that's the only way we might ever be able to rebuild this mess. Hang in there, I can relate.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Ok, maybe it is time to stick my head back in the sand. See you all in the funny pages. Out.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

What you have to realise is that currently, everyone who uses this site, who shares the knowledges we seek and find here, everyone who thinks evenly about world affairs, current events, everyone who questions what they hear, see, and even what they think, is a threat to their government. It does not matter to ones government whether you are a suicide bomber, or an opponent of the MIC. It does not matter whether you are vocal about your rights, or vocal about the rights of others. It matters not one whit to ones government whether you have morality and justice as your guides, or chaos and intolerance.

Any deviation from the patterns of ease of control, ease of distraction, ease of manipulation, deviation from these paths makes you the enemy of your government, because people who deviate from these paths are enemies of ALL governments.

So no matter how straight laced you might be, if you are here, thinking, living, spreading the word and keeping your ears open for the next ones to be spoken, then you are already a radical. The thing we all choose for ourselves however, is what we are radical about, and how we go about it. We did not make it this way. We do not choose to be the enemies of our respective states, we do not choose to be considered either insane or traitorous for what we believe, or what we know, or how we comport ourselves in our daily affairs. But we can choose whether or not we behave in a manner which gives those who make enemies of us, a real and just cause to treat us that way.

Many are those who have been treated as criminals and enemies, and so became those very things. But fewer, and better remembered are they, who refused to wear the mantle put about their shoulders, and shamed their detractors and accusers.

A choice then, and perhaps not a simple one. Be the enemy they are treating you as right now, or be something even more devastating, through peace and reason. Be the butcher, or be the meat, and before you choose, know the value that both have and the way they are seen by the people.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Your not alone! I jumped down the hole a fews years back and I have to say it has been an experience. On one hand it's knowing what we all know, but on the other hand sometimes I wish I was clueless again.

I think we all go through phases. I'm at the phase now where I'm past anger and into acceptance. I guess I'm just not surprised anymore by the direction America and the world is headed.

In the back of my head I wonder if we all will be living or should I say fighting one day soon?!?!

One thing that I have noticed is my extreme awareness regarding people and my surroundings. I guess some part of me is training myself to get that sixth sense. Perhaps one day it will come to good use.

Anyway your not alone. More and more people are realizing what is going on.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Read this and see if this doesn't "fit"...

www.sunfell.com...

namaste

Edit: It'll all work out in the end, if it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end...
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: see above.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Ecclesiastes 1:18 New International Version (NIV)

18 For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
the more knowledge, the more grief.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The more you study history, I mean really dig into it, the more you will see the same bothersome aspects popping up over and over. It's nothing new. Just the manifestations today look modern somehow.

Realizing this will change little or nothing in the world. The best you can do is ground yourself and be that natural/earthy/straight talker to those around you. On a very basic level, whether they consciously accept it or not, they will know you are the right way to approach the world around them.

...otherwise you end up pissed off at everybody and everything and still nothing changes.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
a reply to: rickymouse

Wow, another epiphany - I AM A CANNIBAL!

Hmmm. So you live in Hannibal Michigan?

See how off topic I can get, the thread is about a rabbit hole and I am talking about deer.

edit on 2-1-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The journey down the Rabbit Hole is not for the faint of heart. It takes courage and resolve to maintain your sanity while descending - what you uncover will unsettle and anger you. You will lose faith in the system and many of the people around you.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Just some thought:
We used to have to run 5 miles in full military attire.. The first mile was a pain because you did not really want to do it. By the third mile you were thinking of # this it hurts to much... Once this wall is hit is where you learn to isolate the problems.

Well my side hurts just a little, My right knee has a slight pain, my mouth is dry... By isolating all the things that are hurting you one finds that none are keeping you from finishing the run. Without the isolation of each problem your mind just thinks you are about to die due to all the pains... I would hazard a guess that most of the guys who have trained in really hard physical situations have learned this trick..

What does that have to do with the rabbit holes being discussed ? Those who look for themselves and do not buy into every propaganda outlet finally come to a point where (like has already been stated) you find it hard to believe or trust in many many things.. You could call it another wall...

Isolate what has shattered your world view or maybe clarified it for you..

There may be several things, taxes, corruption, police state, politicians, wars either past or present, whatever ?

Each one of your hot button issues has a yes or no answer to the problem.. Can you change what is going on ?... If the answer is yes and it is worth it go for it.. If there is no way for you to change what is going on, or protesting your taxes every year is getting old quit the system..like in sell the house rent or live in a R.V., Boat, or in my case I just moved out of country.. Lucky I was able to do so after working and saving all my life..

What I am trying to say, call it for peace of mind, there is something like, "give me strength to change what I can and knowledge to realize what I can't change".

I doubt you would want to go back and be an unthinking drone; even though many drones seem to not have a worry in this world..

Music to tame the savage beast has always worked for young musicians but it seems as they get older, the women take over that duty.. No ?

You can create your own little world where you are except for the occasional leeches who will try and suck you earnings away from you.. This whole ACA thing is going to get to be a bigger problem than it already is IMO in the next few years with the deductibles and fines.. I missed that crap because I am VA and old... again lucky me !

So in closing after my great ramble; if I had to guess there are going to be a few things that will come up over the next few years that you might feel your participation might actually make a difference. In your own mind/heart you will know... That is one of the things so great about the diversity of the country.. Somewhere someplace something will happen that will overcome the 'divide and conquer' mentality and for one brief moment almost all will speak with one voice... hahahah well we can hope, no? If not then just be prepared for more of the same old B.S. but at least you know what it truly is.

edit on 3-1-2015 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
To the OP, hope you find your own ways to cope from the many good suggestions here. It seems that the journey is a bit different for everyone, from those of us born into the reality of rabbit holes to those who stumble in later on their own. For me, this involved just stepping away from...well...lets just say from a lot. Almost everything. Shedding what isn't important but also realizing that you just can't control or do anything about most of it and can only do what you can for you and yours, safely.

a reply to: JimNasium
Whoa. And this was written in 2002? I was doing okay with where i have arrived to, but to see the journey spelled out like that? Unreal. "Your life will radically change, but once that change has settled in, you will wonder how you managed to get along before it happened."

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
What's so radical about having health insurance, or am I missing something? a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
You're Scared??? It's people like us that terrifies the Them. Keep it up.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

My approach was to crawl even further and deeper into the rabbit hole and experience an insanity that still lingers to this day.

The trick is finding a rabbit hole with more than one entrance/exit.

Once you make it out to that other side, the lines always begin to blur.

But thru that experience you gain a clarity and a perspective that the forces we are dealing with are not of this earth and the talking monkeys aren't aware enough to even understand the rules of the game that's being played.

More bluring of lines.

Some of us get an updated rule book whenever "changes" are made and some of us do not.

However, there are a few constants that can always be counted on.

edit on 3-1-2015 by ProsceniumProtagonist because: ='-'=

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

A choice then, and perhaps not a simple one. Be the enemy they are treating you as right now, or be something even more devastating, through peace and reason.

Exactly, but I don't see how we may be able to pull that off without using the same tactics "they" use.

I gave the idea of becoming the monster more thought and applied it to many of our current issues in the world. Any world "problem" could be dealt with and changed from within, just like the Communist Manifesto says. We could use the same playbook for our cause and use it on them.

Don't like Islam?
Well then, you just groom a Charismatic Emmon to rise up through the ranks aided of course by numerous operatives through out all the other Islamic sects. Once in a position to change policies, then follow the rest of the play book.

Christians? Ah, easy, J.C. is supposed to be on his way back anyway, right? Bahh Haa Haa Ha!

I've political examples as well.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: cfnyaami
What's so radical about having health insurance, or am I missing something? a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Having or not having health insurance isn't what helped tip me on this one, it more like the part where they force us to do it under income tax penalty and in a way that was devious, while bold face lying about it the whole time, and the title is the exact opposite of what the program was supposed to be.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

See how off topic I can get, the thread is about a rabbit hole and I am talking about deer

Ummm, rabbit yummy too. I feel like a wild game dinner.

I better find that license (right) and go get me some.
edit on 3-1-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Corrections

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join