It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diving Down the Rabbit Hole Has Changed Me, I'm Starting to Worry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY
The more you study history, I mean really dig into it, the more you will see the same bothersome aspects popping up over and over. It's nothing new. Just the manifestations today look modern somehow.

Yes, that is so spot on. The bigger picture, the "gestalt".

ETA: I thought I refresh my memory on the use of the word gestalt, here's what wikipedia had to say, I can see how this totally applies here.

Gestalt psychology or gestaltism (German: Gestalt "shape, form") is a theory of mind of the Berlin School. Gestalt psychology tries to understand the laws of our ability to acquire and maintain meaningful perceptions in an apparently chaotic world. The central principle of gestalt psychology is that the mind forms a global whole with self-organizing tendencies. This principle maintains that when the human mind (perceptual system) forms a percept or gestalt, the whole has a reality of its own, independent of the parts. The original famous phrase of Gestalt psychologist Kurt Koffka, The whole is other than the sum of the parts is often incorrectly translated.[1] as "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts" and thus used when explaining gestalt theory, and further incorrectly applied to systems theory.[2]

edit on 3-1-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hi MSB!

I'm thinking...
Stand for office.

Get inside the system!

You'd get my vote!

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I feel your pain, OP. Realizing that most of what you have been "programmed" to believe is a lie is a tough pill to swallow. Once the veil was lifted for me I was devastated in a sense, much like grieving the loss of a loved one, complete with the stages of grief--denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance--and somedays you wish you could go back to the days of your ignorance.

Sadly, however, once the door is opened, there is no looking back. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Interesting that you posted this. I found myself quoting your post about nature here just last night - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Same ages, interests, attitudes - yeah, I play music too, difference being I never gave it up but I digress. I'm guessing you feel like you're at the point in life where you wonder if you did anything of real value. You see the mess our country is in and being a patriot feel the stirrings in your heart to do something about it. That, my friend will not be decided by you or I but by the masses (or a least a considerable number of people) as they begin to move in unison like the lemmings making their way towards the ocean. There is nothing that just one of can do to make a difference so we find ourselves waiting to see if any movement picks up steam and shows promise enough to join.

At our age we were fortunate enough to have grown up in a country where freedom actually meant something. We came of age at the cusp of the computer age where privacy became a thing of the past. The last generation to run wild in the woods and not grow up with a game controller in our hands. We can see the big picture and it scares the shyte out of us because we know just how bad it is and how much worse it will no doubt become. We've see enough to know there is an agenda for a New World Order that is not just conspiracy but the reason for so many events we have seen over the last 50 years.

They killed our leaders and heroes, infiltrated every movement that showed promise, hidden away cures and inventions that could help humanity. They steamroll us and destroy nature rapaciously and we realize time is short for action before every last thing is under their thumbs.

Immerse yourself in what you love and deny them taking away your joy in life. You don't even have to act out against the PTB for them to ruin us, just worrying can be sufficient to ruin our spirits. Live, and live well - that is the antidote and the way to spit in their eye. Nothing bothers them more than to see us smiling despite their best efforts to keep us down spiritually.

We're all in this mess together and you are one of the people I would be happy to throw my lot in with.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

how about a soothing/venting collective scream

enjoy

multibox

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Detachment will help unless you enjoy this kind of self torture.. Most of the time, those that know more but live it badly, it is coz they cant accept it. Acceptance can do wonders. And its nothing new, is it?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Just because you are a Michigan Swamp buck doesn't mean you can't sneak into societies garden and enjoy the benefits while the garden is thriving. The idea is to get prepared for things if something happens, not worry about it happening. Now, I am prepared for quite a few disasters, but sure hope none of them ever happen. It would suck hand pumping water out of the well, but I do have a hand pump just in case I picked up at a rummage sale. It would suck to heat the water on the wood cookstove all the time, but I can if I need to. It is practical to have a years wood in reserve, just in case I break an ankle or something and can't make it next summer. It's nice to have guns and bullets so if I want to go to the gun club I can....and do more than just drink. I just remembered...I need to go pick up three tickets for the wild game feed at the club. I love the grilled venison and the deep fried trout they have at the feed. There are about forty different dishes usually at their feed. And also about ten different deserts. Door prizes and raffles too, last year I won a 25 dollar gift certificate at a sporting store for a door prize.

I'm not going to let the idiotic state of the economy and this society bother me till it collapses, I will just stay prepared in case it does. When I was young, my parents always were prepared to survive at least a month or two in case something happened. They learned from what happened during and after the depression. We should never have gotten as comfortable as we did, life would be easier now if we hadn't. Most people around here took out the chimneys and junked their old woodstoves, thinking that since they hadn't needed them in a while they never would. Many People are starting to wake up around here and are trying to prepare for medium sized disasters which disrupt our way of life. The ones that aren't doing this trust too much in our society, I would rather trust in my neighbors and local community than the government. The government is good at making a mess out of things and making things super expensive. Getting a person a couple cans of beans costs twenty bucks if the government is involved.

We are down to eleven cans of coffee in stock
I'm getting worried. All of our coffee was bought at less than six bucks a 33 oz can. I like saving money.
edit on 3-1-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Especially the parts dealing with 'being Eternal' and being able to see farther down the "time spiral" in essence getting in touch with Your ability to analyze 'synchronicity' or 'deja vu' This is 'key'...

Also isn't nice to KNOW (KNOW trumps "think" 'felt' "believed"...) that You won't need any Thorazine™ ? hahahaha

namaste
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: inkorekt spelling

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
well.... at 51 years and approaching the age of 60 ...which worldwide, has the tradition of you becoming an 'Elder'

that is not just an idle title, it means that your have experienced most everything to some degree or another

even that imaginary clip you emptied on the foolish/careless/unthoughtful new year revelers has substance and was necessary in completing all the things to have a well rounded psyche to call upon for teaching the younger ones

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I was like most people until about 2003 and kept coming across these left wing idiots trying to say that 9/11 was an inside job so i decided to study up on the facts so that i knew what i was speaking about when i shot these pricks down.

Well after two weeks of looking at the facts behind 9/11 i could see who the fool was, it was me.

Now i fight them anyway and every way i can, its not fun but it is my duty

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
As is evidenced by the replies in this thread, you are not the only one to have had these thoughts. You are just a bit older than me (45) but I resonate with a lot of what you're saying and experiences coincide in many circumstances.

I had figured that the entire system was rigged from beginning to end by the time I was 15 - 16, and knew that most others couldn't see clearly as do I.

Regards to recent developments of thoughts towards plans of action, your examples are in line with some I've had myself and I'm hesitant to even provide as brief an outline as you have. Seeing what the system does to those it targets and how relentless it us about protecting itself makes one squeamish.

I'm betting that there are even more people out there like us on other forums and not online, people who are equally as fed up and who know that unless something is done, the system will only get bigger, more uncaring, and ruthless as it grinds up anything and everthing in existence.

I'm waiting for a hundredth monkey effect.
edit on 3-1-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: typos, hate this tiny phone keyboard

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

I'm waiting for a hundredth monkey effect.

The 100 monkey effect has already taken place but the monkeys are all confined in cages of political division, deception, corruption and lies. Just look at the political threads on ATS; do you honestly think that the factions would ever come together to mount a viable resistance? The hate and vitriol against opposing ideologies, races, lifestyles, is just to great. That is the way it was designed and it's working perfectly. Do you not see the members tasked with keeping us constantly bickering, instead of finding the common ground? They're everywhere!!!!

As the proletariat/citizens grows more divided and weak the powers that be grow stronger, more powerful with every passing day.

When you get down in the rabbit hole far enough, you find yourself in a cesspool of evil.

edit on 3-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I don't recall many of your conversations being geared towards religious belief. You have a boatload of posts though so I could be way off on this.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Ah, the pagan "wishing wells". A freshwater spring is truly a natural blessing.

After studies in ancient civilizations, mostly from the art history perspective, and some knowledge of ancient Greek philosophy as well as many religions, I can relate to how the world must have looked to them. When you watch the forces of nature in action, you are watching the drama of the ancient pagan gods unfold before your eyes.

At topic, you know what I'm talking about.

edit on 3-1-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Regards to recent developments of thoughts towards plans of action, your examples are in line with some I've had myself and I'm hesitant to even provide as brief an outline as you have. Seeing what the system does to those it targets and how relentless it us about protecting itself makes one squeamish.

It is a fine line to walk in these forums and it makes me think sometimes what I will do if some pair of suits come up to the house and they aren't Jehovah's Witnesses.

Glad to know that so many have responded so positively and I'm not the only one who's had some of these thoughts. Maybe we need a support group.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

All I know is that I will never know anything
And I'm good with that for the most part.

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.” ~Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
when a person reaches a point in life when they can no longer trust anyone or anything, that's when you cannot get out of the "rabbit hole"....they can act out in many ways, outward violence is the "act" that makes the news, but there can be a fearful paranoia that turns into a lasting harmful depression which can be publicly covered up.
it's important for people to have trust, as well as the ability to let a lot of what you hear go in one ear and out the other. work on what directly affects you and your family, establish a cohesive bond of truth, and work outward from there.....my two cents.
edit on 3-1-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Extremely good points and it sounds like the surest way to escape from the rabbit hole. I still have trust in a number of people, I still have personal goals, but the truth? I was once told that the "truth is irrelevant" when seeking truth, I can see where he was coming from.

Another time the big boss I worked for (county work) said that "The rules are just guidelines" in reference to his actions, but as a pee on worker, the rules were written in stone for me.

I see so much corruption all around me and know too many people I can never trust, but I haven't lost all hope.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: QuietSpeech

I don't recall many of your conversations being geared towards religious belief. You have a boatload of posts though so I could be way off on this.

I don't find it necessary and it can be a bother with some of the reactionary posts. But I have authored a few threads.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Where "thought" is 'real' and the 'physical' is the "illusion"...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join