It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US sanctions North Korea over Sony cyberattack

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LightUpTheDark

wait......so its ok to impose things on other countries even if they are false ......?

Because I remember people calling for the head of Bush and Chenney when they went into Iraq over WMDs that reportedly werent there.......

So the ends justify the means if its Obama doing it.......

Got it........progressive agenda asserted......

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Why arent all the people who have been so ardent that Obamas foreign policy is good, on here commenting on this?

Where are his supporters to defend these actions?

Honestly how can anyone look at this president and say he has their interests in mind.......

This guy is a zealot of the highest order.......

His only interest is to his legacy and his string pullers.

I can't use the actual terms that come to mind but they're very easy to spell since most have only 4 letters.

Peace

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
China condemns cyberattacks, but says no proof North Korea hacked Sony

NO proof!

Reuters

Or did i miss it? - Trying to keep an open mind here, but hey - it IS the US GOV again claiming...
edit on 2/1/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
How many times has the Chinese hacked US interests?
Where are their sanctions?
What is the goal of this? To make NK say sorry?
where's the proof it was them?

This is ridiculous. Smh.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Dembow

Couldn[t agree with you more - I thought it was a Sony person who had been sacked or am I behind these somewhat boring times?

I don't believe NK would have bothered with some stupid film that doesn't sound that great - OK its a comedy but American humour is not necessarily shared around the world unless its slapstick and surely holllywood has moved on past pure slapstick by now?

I have to own that obama is one president I wouldn';t trust in a thousand years - given he has the power of sanctions and warfare I am surprised we haven't all gone up in flames. My son said a very sound thing to me when he commented whilst obama was getting all the accolade and whoops for joy from the American people - "There you have the anti-christ"' As neither of us are desert religious, I was amazed at his comment - but now I think he was on the right lines although probably a 'test the water' one sent down to bother the world before we see the real one if he exists at all, which I doubt.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This is all about an excuse to put US military weapons close to China just like they are doing with Russia and the plot about the interview was dreamed up in Hollywood so sure hacking them is an act of war because it could expose the treason that goes on in the USA.

Just about all films today include the same script where you have a white hero and a black side kick helping him out and you must show gays in a positive light.

I wonder how much money Sony gets from the NWO to keep adding these scripts and why does Sony not make a film about 9/11 that fits in with what most people think happened ? Its just a film after all, call it fiction if you like.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
Its just a film after all, call it fiction if you like.

Whether this turns out to be a fraud or not, one thing has been proved beyond a doubt; There is a DIRECT connection between Washington and Hollywood.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It's been a week since my last post and in that time it has become clear that the accusations against NK were groundless.

www.dailymail.co.uk... med-Lena-responsible.html

Sony was most likely hacked by an insider named 'Lena'.

The "Guardians of Peace" are an embellishment added by the MSM weeks into the hack.

The POS movie of the year, which probably would have been boycotted for it's rank obscenity and lost millions, instead becomes a point of patriotism to pay $12 to see and ends up making millions.

Unbelievable.

Yet the sanctions and promises of retaliation remain.

Internet freedom has taken a huge hit in this affair and increased governmental involvement is the result.

Why is the POTUS making it a habit of taking actions before all the facts are in, unless of course the facts aren't important in the first place and the whole charade was just a plan to facilitate an underlying agenda.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If you get hacked there is nothing that can be done. What is a "sanction" anyway? Is that like "I'm-gonna-shake-my-finger-at-you-and-say-naughty-naughty-but-there-will-be-no-real-action"? Shouldn't there be some sort of "counter-hack" to shut them down?

a reply to: jude11

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asynchrony
Shouldn't there be some sort of "counter-hack" to shut them down?

There was.

The NK internet went down the day after Barry promised 'sanctions'.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well they got their internet back. Shoulda blew up their web server stations with big missiles.

originally posted by: Psynic

originally posted by: Asynchrony
Shouldn't there be some sort of "counter-hack" to shut them down?

There was.

The NK internet went down the day after Barry promised 'sanctions'.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

U.S. takes aim at North Korea's remaining financial links

(Reuters) - The United States aims to use new sanctions imposed on North Korea over the cyber attack on Sony Pictures to cut off the country's remaining links to the international financial system, a senior U.S. Treasury official said on Tuesday.

Daniel Glaser, assistant secretary for terrorist financing at the U.S. Treasury Department, said past sanctions had already discouraged "hundreds" of overseas banks, including China's major commercial banks, from doing business with North Korea.

New sanctions announced by President Barack Obama on Jan 2. provided "a tremendous amount of flexibility" and the goal was to identity remaining financial institutions that allowed North Korea access to the global system, which could face sanction themselves, Glaser told a House of Representatives briefing.

"We could target any North Korean government agency; we could target any North Korean government official ... we could apply sanctions with respect to any individual or entity who is providing them, in turn, material support," he said.

Ed Royce, chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, called for use of the full scope of the new sanctions announced after U.S. authorities said North Korea was behind the Sony attack. North Korea has denied involvement.

full story

Why oh why do they continue to push this?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join