It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So much wasted space

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I wonder why the ATS staff did not thought of it on their own, this is how ATS could look if we´d eliminate all remaining blank spaces....
this could take ATS to the Next Level of beautiful sites

First we optimize NLBS icon time by adding a second row of only half sized icons only showing the text:
We can half the bandwith for those icons and boost informational access by only showing the title.
Additionally, I added red boxes for valueable ad space.

The first image shows how the thread list could look like,
second image is a scrolled down part, selected to highlight a certain post situation where the member provides more information, then the avatar is long. We could fill this space with a colorful ad or even animated one to draw attention to it.
As we know, the longer the text, the shorter then attentionn span. We can exploit and strenghten this behavior by placing an ad right next to the text.

So ats, what do you think?
Looks way better then this:
#boring

or not?

BTW, if the pictures do not work, just delete the last in the url and hit enter
Once ATS fires the NLBS-vids hourly, we can fill the spaces pretty quick.
edit on 2-1-2015 by verschickter because: images 1/2 rotated

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I don't have the blank space you speak of.

The site is built to adjust automatically to various screen resolutions. Yours must be off a tad and that's why you're getting all that negative space. It should natively adjust to your resolution, unless you've + or - the size from what it's intended viewing point is.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I have yet to watch one of the videos.

Maybe they are advertizing them in a less than effective way.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower
No it´s working fine.

You get the blank space in the last picture if you add a regular expression for the NLBS icon url into ADBLOCKER.
No worries, valuable ads are still being displayed, what you see in the last picture is scrolled down and then snipping tooled into the first image. So I do not break the rules by removing ads. Just removing annoying pictures, like I do with annoying avatars sometimes.

BTW, ADBLOCKING is against the rules, tothetenthpower, you should ban yourself.
You testified here that you use an adblocker and even gave evidence.

edit on 2-1-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I'd hate to have all those chaotic and screamy pictures at my face. I prefer a nice dark, clean background. I don't even care about those video's from ATS. I'm only here for the discussion and the threads.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

It's been a long standing thing on ATS that the more you contribute, the less ads you see.

Being in the top 10 most prolific posters of ATS, with over 35 thousand posts, means I see no ads.

Please do not make assumptions.

Also, if you notice in the screen shot, there is no Adblocker extension in my browser, as it would be visible in the top right hand corner.

~Tenth
edit on 1/2/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Velom

add this to your adblock filter preferences:

|files.abovetopsecret.com...*
|files.abovetopsecret.com...*.jpg

and you should be fine. beware to click into the region, the link is still active then.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Then all is good. BTW, adblocker extension can be removed... so this is not a valid point either. But good to know that contributing thing, thank you.

Does nobody notice I´m actually making fun of ATS because of what it used to be and is now.
So much people dislike the whole NLBS and hate it being shoved in their faces. Count me to them.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Being in the top 10 most prolific posters of ATS, with over 35 thousand posts, means I see no ads.

To back that up ... I am #3 on ATS on the 'most posts' list - Found Here and I see no ads either. (DTOM should be #1 on the list but for some reason isn't on it). I have no ad blocker and yet I see no ads.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Does nobody notice I´m actually making fun of ATS because of what it used to be and is now.
So much people dislike the whole NLBS and hate it being shoved in their faces. Count me to them.

edit; What gets me the most is that every click outside of that DIV with the darker background is that it sends you to YT/NLBS.
This is freaking annoying and behaves like cheap warez sites.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Honestly my favorite part about the NLBS ads is the frustration it causes some people.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Honestly boss, Forum Staff won't discuss those things with you, because it's not our decision.

You'd need to speak directly with Mark or Bill regarding any complaints about the site layout in general or the NLBS show.

We facilitate the T&C, and that's all I can help you with. But I do appreciate you taking the time to come up with ways to make ATS better.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Does nobody notice I´m actually making fun of ATS because of what it used to be and is now. So much people dislike the whole NLBS and hate it being shoved in their faces. Count me to them.

The problem is, for every thread or post saying, do this, don't do that, staff should change this thing or that thing, and so on. There is another thread questioning why the staff did this, and did that, and changed this thing or that thing. It's a no win proposition for Bill and Mark. If they listened to everything that was "suggested", they'd be chasing their tails for the next decade, but they'd never actually get anything done. So instead, they do what they think is best for their business.

I won't even go into the moderator thing. Their daily duties probably resemble something like this...

That's membership on one side, management on the other, and the mod is the one walking the gauntlet. Ouch!

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
So much wasted space by people whining about things ATS does. Don't like NLBS? Don't watch it.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Velom
I'd hate to have all those chaotic and screamy pictures at my face. I prefer a nice dark, clean background. I don't even care about those video's from ATS. I'm only here for the discussion and the threads.

I agree with you about the ads. It's like Facebook vomited selfies over my screen.

And like you, I'm here for the discussions - not to watch "TV".

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I never go to the same place twice if I don't like it. Some ATS members seem to hate this site so why oh why do they ever come back? What masochistic drive pushes them to keep logging in?

What they do is like going to the same bad restaurant night after night to bitch about the bad food. Crazyass behavior!! Go eat some where you like the food is so so obvious. Facepalmingly obvious.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: steamiron

Personally I log in because I like the threads and the discussions. I still do not like the video ads or the vidoes.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: steamiron

Right on, can't give you a star in this thread so have a internet beer.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: th2356

A lot of people LIKE the videos. This is something we learn in life that not everyone gets their own way all the time. I ONLY come here for the threads so I have no damned need to bitch about the wallpaper. I don't like dreams&predictions threads. Does that mean I should attack the site over and over OR do I take the grown up approach of (hold on for this! ru ready?) NOT reading those threads.

Dammit all I said it and let the cat out teh bag! The secret is not watching videos you dont like and not visiting sites you hate.

hey caterpillage

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I have yet to watch one of the videos.

Maybe they are advertizing them in a less than effective way.

me either

top topics

<<   2 >>

join