It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So much wasted space

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

If you really think that people stating their opinion is a "waste of space" you must think that this whole forum is a waste of space. Your post too, since you stated your opinion in it.

You are aware that ATS is a discussion forum, right?

edit on 2-1-2015 by th2356 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: th2356

If you really think that people stating their opinion is a "waste of space" you must think that this whole forum is a waste of space. Your post too, since you stated your opinion in it.

You are aware that ATS is a discussion forum, right?

Yes indeed I have noticed that. Also I respect others opinions, and,,, threads like this are indeed a waste of space. That's my opinion on the matter. Don't like my opinion? That's cool. Have a couple internet beers yourself

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I find it strange and a bit comical that you describe this thread is a waste of space, since you have chosen to contribute to it more than once. Wouldn't it be better to just ignore it - like I don't watch the videos but read and post in threads instead?

But cheers anyway.

edit on 2-1-2015 by th2356 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: th2356

I feel like it was worthwhile if i brought a smile to your face. I'm a comical guy sometimes.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I am all for smiling and a bit of comedy, so thanks.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Personally, I hit ctrl + until the border thingie outside totally disappeared, and all that is left is the thread part in the middle.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Nope - doesn't look better - just more cluttered.

Kind of like those posts that have one massive paragraph with no blank space that you don't bother to read.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: th2356
I agree with you about the ads. It's like Facebook vomited selfies over my screen.

And like you, I'm here for the discussions - not to watch "TV".

Five and a half years of membership, 82 posts, and zero threads started. Sounds like the ads are just destroying your experience.
/sarcasm

Ctrl + will zoom in and eventually put the borders out of view, the NoScript addon in Firefox (completely acceptable on ATS) will allow you to avoid accidentally clicking on the link contained in the border.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

I used to be an active member here, started threads too, but took a long break because of real life issues. I don't remember the password to my old account anymore, and the email I used to register with is long gone. The account I am using now belonged to my son who quickly lost interest in ATS but still had the password. I might as well use it.

Although none of this really matters. What if I was a total newbie - would I not have the right to have an opinion about things?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Ummm...dang...and I thought it was just my 27" Imac and Firefox...

Lets see...adjust screen size to full and resize to........200%...

There...the wasted space is finally gone....but now I have to sit across the room to comfortably read it...

My optometrist is really going to love me now...

Oopsy...Firefox didn't like my adjustments to the screen sizing and reset them...all on it's own...

YouSir
edit on 2-1-2015 by YouSir because: It just needed to be said...right...?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Ummm...I watched one...once.................Once...

The click anywhere in the grey area thingy...launch...can be a tad annoying...I guess it's designed to take you there...even if you didn't want to leave the farm...

And TBH...shouldn't "once" be spelled wunce...?

YouSir

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
It´s funny how nobody got the clue that this is indeed meant sarcastic. Do you really think I would complain that there are not enough NLBS images and ADs on ATS? Seriously?

I said it before. This is a joke. It was to show how annoying it is to be plastered with all those ADs.
Also the global link -on the none content area- that sends you to youtube everytime you defocus the textbox and click on EMPTY SPACE is really thughish and actually a sneaky method to get YT clicks on the latest NLBS.
Its outrageous and I wonder why nobody said something about that yet. I cannot be the only one concerned.
I can´t hear the "Hey I´m Joe" anymore since it happens so often that you click on this invisible link and it loads in the background, leaving you on a unnerving search for the tab that is playing the vid.

Why do we have to get the NLBS icons shoved up on every page? This is a waste of bandwith.
I know ATS is an commercial site but hey, don´t get to greedy!

I know there are all those spineless people that say I´m a whiner but all those people do net get the point. Of course I know that ADs are necessary, but not in the way it is: invasiv
Simple as that.

edit on 6-1-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Since when it is acceptable to have plugins installed to not ruin your experience? Here on ATS?
Since when are invisible links acceptable on a site like this?

I know it´s a matter of seconds to activate Nscript or ABP but will it help ATS in anyway if users have to set up filters to get the site non-anoying and usable? I´d rather activate ABP and clean the whole site, leaving just content and no money for ATS before I # around with filters. It´s like they´re asking for it. BTW, there is something called none-evasive ads. Those will stay in place if there would be any.

But I know, a mod will trash this because of the discussion of ABP, leaving the real problem untouched.

So final question to ATS mods (only):
Why is it necessary to make the whole border area into a link when the icon would do it too?

Edit: I see now, the YT link has been changed to the NLBS site. This went down fast. 20 Minutes ago it was like I described
edit on 6-1-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Are you paid

If not why not, I like you suggestions

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TryAndStopTheFuture555

?paid for what? Please read T&C before accusing someone as a paid shill or sth. along those lines.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

?paid for what? Please read T&C before accusing someone as a paid shill or sth. along those lines.

Jesus man I was giving you a compliment.

God some of you are paranoid.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Its ok, just remember asking someone "if he´s paid" is not a wise thing.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

Since when it is acceptable to have plugins installed to not ruin your experience? Here on ATS?
Since when are invisible links acceptable on a site like this?

In my opinion, it is unacceptable to use a stock internet browser without the added security and control offered by various plugins/add ons. The "invisible links" you mention are a perfect example of "why would I use add ons?".

Unless you go to the same 5 pages every time you browse, it's a good idea to teach yourself to use the tools available to make you browsing experience safer and more enjoyable.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join