It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me describe my posting environment.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'll give it a try.

I left work early today because we are getting freezing rain and ice today and I didn't want to get stuck on the road...again. My daughter is home on Christmas vacation so I am sitting in my old, slightly beat up lounge chair with my legs tucked up on my right as I lean over my laptop, on a table to the left. I actually have Ancient Aliens on TV as it usually is mid-day and next to the TV is our still, fully decorated and lit Christmas tree with three guitars (actually, two guitars and one bass) hanging on the wall. As usual, I would have to pick up before company would be allowed over.

One of our three cats is sitting on top of the propane heater on the far wall and my new Walking Dead dart board is just above her. Out the window on that same wall, the snow is falling slightly harder than flurries and I can see nothing but white ground and trees in the distance. We live in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania.

I've been home about an hour and with my wife still at work, five minutes down the road, and my daughter hiding from Ancient Aliens in her room...I'm considering a short nap followed by doing some website programming (PHP) after I wake up. Tomorrow it is going to be near sixty degrees and this will all be history, or at least water.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
My turn.

Sitting in my recliner, in a rather large living room, in an apartment that me and my wife of 29 years have had for the last 12 years.
My best friend in life is my Pomeranian who is in his room, no doubt, he is curled up in my chair in front of the desktop computer. I sit here reading as my wife watches a marathon of some show for the last 7 hours. Months ago I gave up smoking and now vape. My eyes are tired and bleary, as Ive gotten older Ive found that my eye sight is a lot worse than others that I know. Still, I spend my time in front of this laptop, reading, learning and enjoying my time.
Each post that I read tells me a bit about the state of the world, each post tells me how different, and how much the same we all are. Another puff on my atty, a sip of "refreshment". Nice chilly night for a walk. 8:51 pm EST.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
droid56, what a grand idea for a thread, S & F to you. So let me invite you all into my haven.....

I am in our computer room (which I share with Iwinder). My desk is in the S-W corner and I face west. The corner of the room to the right of me is all windows and right now the sun is going down and wet snow is falling. Weather is threatening to worsen as a cold front comes through, but that is OK as I don't have to go to work tomorrow.

My laptop is on a small desk, flanked on both sides by bookcases filled with books about Yoga, mediation, crystals & gemstones, Ayurveda and natural healing. My printer is at my left elbow sitting on an old piano bench. There is a stick of incense, patchouli, burning behind me. My "yoga girl" mug is to my right and unfortunately draining of tea, must remedy that shortly. The best way to describe my little nook is messy. There are scraps of paper with notes on them tucked here and there, a pen cup with mostly pens that don't work. There are no pictures on the wall as I prefer the view through the windows. My computer chair is a sad thing, tired and worn, but it serves its purpose.

This room is getting cool as there is a nice fire going in the living room. The football game has started and I think I will move out there and curl up on the couch. Thanks for joining me.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Ummm...WOW...I don't know if you intended for your thread to morph into a small touch of community...but I'm sure glad that it took off the way it did...

I'm sitting at my corner desk posting on my 27" imac directly above it, centered in the corner hangs a Civil war cavalry saddle with two accompanying cavalry bits and bridles to either side...Slightly to the right of those is a flax comb that I use for a hat rack...a little further to the right is the glass fronted antique curio cabinet which doubles as the perch for my Gargoyle collection...

I'm munching on some mixed nuts which have mysteriously become cashews and almonds...only...while I sip on a V8...My Belgian Tervuren keeps nudging my elbow..wondering why I don't share in the sea salty goodness...while the toy poodles yammer in the background...
I'm procrastinating...trying to put off for a while longer...the dinner thing...

To my left hangs the Native American mandala...while behind me on the hutch are the inlaid music boxes that I made some years back...All in all it's comfortable...

Oops... time to go...the ladies are home and I gotta put on my chef's hat...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I've only been in this small, stuffy apartment for a few months, but when the curtains are pulled back for the day I enjoy a great view. I'm facing a small, wooded ridge that was thickly green in the summer, turned beautifully in the fall, and was even still pleasant when the leaves fell and I realized the majority of the "ridge" was actually another apartment complex. Firstly, I finally saw the sunsets through the trees and secondly, it was homey to see Christmas lights all along the top of that hill.

It is crowded because my living arrangements (or my ex depending on several factors) are supposed to be temporary. Therefore, we are living with almost two apartments worth of stuff in one tiny place. I'm laying on "my" couch (which is perpendicular to his couch) with my tablet propped up on my thighs and facing "his" tv (mine is sitting unplugged in the kids room). Depending on scheduling circumstances this couch often also serves as a bed.

I have an almost empty mike's Hard raspberry lemonade next to me and an empty bag of gummy bears. Cat is snoozing on the floor. Kid is in the only bed. Ex is on computer in the other room. Things are very wierd right now.
edit on 5-1-2015 by awakendhybrid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm left with the feeling that we are one. That is all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join