It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat friend Vs Dog friend (which one are you?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Growing up I had a pet dog named Chaos. Late one evening he broke into my room and ate a full bag of ruffles potatoe chips, two D batteries, and my chemistry set.

Yep, my chemistry set.

Lord knows how many different chemicals he ingested that fateful evening.

Believe it or not the lil fella lived a pretty long life.. although he did suffer from seizures after the above mentioned incident.

Since then I've rolled over to cats (never owned another dog) and consider myself to be a cat person by nature.

='-'=

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Both. Ive had both in my house as a child so maybe that's part of it. I currently have a cat because of a few circumstances, like the fact my landlord doesnt allow pets and a cat is easier to hide. They don't hace to go outside to go to the batbroom, which is also a major convenience. Our cat seems to like me more than everyone else, but I've always been an animal person.

I've shocked people when i walk into their house and their dog or cat hops on my lap or comes up to me wanting attention, because they say their dog or cat "hates everyone". My one friend had a pitbull that everyone was afraid of, but in my presence he transformed into a hamless pooch. I think I was the only one who really showed him love, and he was ferocious around everyone else because that's what was expected of him, but he never really wanted to be that way...

I think animals are psychic in a way. They can either read emotions, or thoughts, or both.

The video was hilarious.
edit on 1/1/2015 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I've always enjoyed that same connection you speak of with animals. It also extends to children as well.

It's not that I dislike dogs but man.. I don't like how dogs (mainly the large ones) jump and lick on you.

No regard for personal space I tell ya. =P

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I think if peoples cats act like that then those people are probably doing something wrong. I have four cats and none of them are stand offish. On the contrary, they are all very happy, playful and compete for cuddle space constantly. Cats are like reciprocation magnifiers. They will give back ten times what you give to them.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

Much like people, I imagine cats come with many different personality quirks, maybe some of those are influenced by their owners "wrong doing" but I don't think all cats who act in that manner have been wronged.
edit on 1-1-2015 by ProsceniumProtagonist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Also the video was meant to make you laugh.. not find something wrong with it and then project that onto cat owners. =P

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ProsceniumProtagonist

I hate to see large animals live in small spaces, they are clearly built to run. I hate to see a dog breed that is clearly built for the cold to live in a hot climate or vis versa. People should consider a dog needs to go outside to do his business in the rain, snow, cold hurricane! Cats can use a litter box.
So it is much easier to meet the needs of a cat for them to be happy especially if they are not very young as they simply like to be held, sleep and be petted and fed. Dogs need a lot of exercise and more rough play time. Female any animal seems easier to live with as they don't "spray" "hump your leg" and generally have more dainty manners :-)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Cats rule! Dogs drool!

I'm a cat person married to a dog person.

So naturally we own a dog. Here's Daisy sleeping in my flower box -

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProsceniumProtagonist

Also the video was meant to make you laugh.. not find something wrong with it and then project that onto cat owners. =P

It didn't make me laugh because unfortunately it stereotyped cats as jerks. I live in a very dog oriented culture and cats in general have a very low value here, to the point that it causes a lot of abuse and other problems.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Yep i forgot to mention that part, babies and children almost always love and trust me and smile at me, with good reason too, because i would never harm a child and would always protect them, and women too. When I notice that with other people I consider it a preliminary sign that they at least have some good in them. Of course, it doesnt count with their own children or pets. The true test is to see how a child or animal theyve never met behaves around them.

edit on 1/1/2015 by 3n19m470 because: darn mobile device

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

That is just too funny, thanks for the laugh. And its is true I've have had both cats and dogs and there are definitely different personalities a play.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I am definitely a cat person. Dogs are all up in your business while cats have a quiet dignity about them (at least compared to dogs and some humans). Cats are also self cleaning and capable of using the bathroom without my assistance.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Agreed.

Often I feel that way towards my current "habitat".

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder

originally posted by: ProsceniumProtagonist

It didn't make me laugh because unfortunately it stereotyped cats as jerks. I live in a very dog oriented culture and cats in general have a very low value here, to the point that it causes a lot of abuse and other problems.

I'm sorry they you've found yourself engrossed/experiencing such an environment.

You could always try "lightening up" a smidge. =)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Cell phone posting woes.
edit on 1-1-2015 by ProsceniumProtagonist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Cat person myself. You don't have to take them for walks or out to do their business.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I have had both cats and dogs I considered friends. I don't see any reason a person can't like both. That said, I am a bit of a cat person.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

That's understandable.

In truth I love both species but prefer spending time with my feline friends.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I like both dogs and cats, and I'm not sure I could pick a favorite. They each have unique attributes. Cats are really relaxing animals. You can curl up with a purring cat and all the tension will drain from your body; at least it does for me. Dogs are more willing to please their owners, while cats are quite aloof. There are however a variety of feline personalities. Some cats become very attached to their owners, and behave sort of like a dog in that respect; but for the most part they are going to be more concerned about doing their own thing.

A cat does not care when you leave, while a dog will often cry the entire time you're gone, if the animal is left alone. I do not think most people realize this, even though it is quite common. I'm looking at my dog right now, he is a rat terrier, and he is licking the couch. His name is Caesar, and he is pretty funny. I taught him basic commands and tricks when he was a puppy, and it is hilarious to watch him when I have food. He will stand at my feet, and if I tell him to sit or do anything, he will do it but then he will do every single thing he knows. He will sit, shake, lay, roll over, etc., all back to back, without prompting. He does this because he knows that I will make him do his entire repertoire before giving him a treat, so he just doesn't wait for a command. I have almost broken him of that, but it is really funny to watch.

I also have a wiener dog. I was thinking that someone should genetically engineer an extra-long wiener dog. Although it would probably have to have legs in the middle to prevent dragging its belly, lol. My brothers dogs are here right now, and there is a shaggy sheep dog of some kind named Percy, a half chihuahua half Pomeranian named Sugar, and her father, a Pomeranian named Joey. He got to a chihuahua mother accidentally and made Sugar, lol. He wasn't fixed because they were going to breed him, but they finally got him fixed after that accident. The mother was named Chloe, and she started having seizures all the time. The vet thought it was a few different things, but nothing worked, so we eventually put her to sleep. Shortly after Sugar was born she contracted the parvovirus. We have no idea how she got it though, as out of the other dogs everyone had had a shot. Although Caesar did have parvo when he was a puppy as well. They all survived though. They usually will survive if you can keep them hydrated. The vet can keep them for about a week and do it, but it is expensive, or you can keep them at home if you can give them fluids in their back. The easiest solution is to make sure you get your dog's shots when they're little. It will save you a lot of money down the road, but I digress.

The chihuaha-Pomeranian mix is the strangest dog I think I've ever seen. She has hair like a Pomeranian, and has a tail that sticks up in the back, and is curved, with hair hanging off of it. Long hair. She is very tall in the legs, but her body looks like a chihuahua. Yet her head and nose looks like Pomeranian. Very weird-looking, lol. My grandma thinks she is the ugliest dog she's ever seen, but I think she is pretty. The reason I have multiple cats is because I took in strays. Living out in the country like I do, occasionally cats will just show up. We had a solid white kitty show up. I thought she was an albino at first, but her eyes are not pink, although her skin, where visible, is pink- like around the ears and whatnot. She was wild in every sense of the word. It took me forever to get her to come to me, and she still refuses to live inside. I can pick her up and pet her, as long as I stay in the head region. If I tried to touch her anywhere else she will flip out. She lives in a house I built for her, and I put a heat lamp in it since it is cold right now. Come to think of it, a lot of the animals I've got were taken in, as opposed to me going out and getting them.

Another cat I've got just showed up at my house as a baby. She was not even old enough to be taken away from her mother. Have no clue where she came from. I lived on the coast some years ago, and I physically witnessed someone dump a siamese kitten in front of my house. I had him for a very long time, but he died a couple of years ago. He was funny because he could not jump. A cat who couldn't jump. One time I heard him crying and went to see what the problem was, and he was upset because there was a fence between him and the house. A fence that he could easily have jumped, if he knew how. It was not a physical problem or anything, but was apparently psychological. He eventually started doing better, but never got it down fully. I had this grey cat once that I named Sir Woolimus, and he was the best cat I've ever had. He would literally let you do anything to him that you wanted. He would just lay there, not moving. You could hold him upside down if you wanted, and he would not care. He disappeared one day, and I never found out what happened to him. He was fixed, so he wasn't roaming or anything. Out in the country here a coyote could have gotten him. They get our chickens as well. The last cat I have at the moment, named Baby, is strange. We have a love-hate relationship. I love her and she hates me. Literally hates me. All other animals like me, except her. Although she will come lay by me every single night, but if I touch her at all she will start swishing her tail and leave. And she has attacked me numerous times. If you saw my wrists right now you would think I had tried to commit suicide, but it is from that cat, lol. She will come to me whenever she needs something, but I just cannot touch her. She hates it. But she will let some other people pet her. Weird.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I am a cat person...we just connect!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join