It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Genes don't lie - We are all brothers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamschist
This is a surprising thread, for the replies. You have no problem accepting evolution and being related to an ape, but you balk at being related to other humans??? Really??

I find it nice that we are all related. "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother".

Because most refuse to see the truth that we are all the same. Many believe ignorance is bliss and would rather believe we are all very different than alike. However the animals are our brothers too but I dont expect people to believe that if they are so hell bent on denying that we are all the same. There is no difference in a mouse and a man other than in form. Same brains, same eyes, same hands, same blood, same everything. All life is the same, only the coding of a few pairs of dna makes a different species according to what we see with our limited human perceptions.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
They say the first bacterial life on Earth took hold approximately 4 Billion years ago.

Its hard to imagine such a span of time..

It took another 2 billion years for the first Eukaryotes to appear - cells with nuclei and organelles. (This represents 50% / *half* of the entire span of life on earth.)

It took another billion years for the first tiny marine animals to appear (3 billion years represents 75% of the span of life on Earth), and the first plants and first vertebrates (animals with a spinal chord like us humans have) first appeared only approximately 500 million years ago (already 88% of the entire span of life on Earth).

Reflecting on this, at this point in Earth-life's development, it makes perfect sense that vertebrate fish share 85% of our DNA.

The first primates (or members of our order) came into existence only 65 to 50 million years ago (The time elapsed from the beginning of life on Earth represents 98.8% of the entire span).

Early primate Purgatorius

---

The family of great apes appeared 20 million years ago and "anatomically modern humans (AMH)" or "anatomically modern Homo sapiens (AMHS)" only 200,000 years ago.

Our existence on Earth as anatomically modern humans only represents 0.005% of the span of life here on Earth.

They say if we outstretched our arms horizontally, and if the distance from fingertip to fingertip represented the span of life here on Earth, then our existence represents only the tip of a fingernail. If we filed that fingernail, then we can wipe out the entire span of time that is represented with humans on Earth.

edit on 1-1-2015 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
All music is composed with the same 12 notes, yet the melodies are almost endless.
We have 46 chromosomes, so that's roughly 4 times the amount of notes music can have.

From what we KNOW about genes, we are surely 99% alike. Oh and we are also 80% alike some of the plants out there.
To me, this doesn't say much. There is much more that we don't know about genes than we do know.

Even real brothers can be quite different from one another, so no, we are not all alike.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Hey Dre...

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

One big highly dysfunctional and argumentative family.

Quite normal then.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If we take mitochondrial DNA as evidence, apparently we have all descended from a single female hominid, somewhere in Africa.

Just like hamsters.

All pet hamsters descended from the offspring of a single female Syrian hamster that was captured in 1930 (and paired with her brother, of all things).

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
No. I refuse to believe I share any DNA with these screaming hairless smelly monkeys that breathe my air. I am a completely alien species, and I hate this planet.

I love this planet, yet hate all the smelly hairless apes.

Les Misanthropes!?!
edit on 1-1-2015 by J.B. Aloha because: tags

top topics

<< 1   >>

join