It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Genes don't lie - We are all brothers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I think in the end, DNA does not lie.

It shows that all humans on this Earth are very closely related, sharing 99.9% of the genes, or a 0.1% difference on average, while close primates differ by only 1-2%, which is still not a big difference.

We even share 36% of the DNA with the house fly.

It really puts things into perspective.

Smithsonian human origins - What does it mean to be human?

Genes in common

Happy New Year !

edit on 31-12-2014 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
its a good thing they didnt find anything frightenly different in the various human dna samples/studies

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat
Here is another good read.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
No. I refuse to believe I share any DNA with these screaming hairless smelly monkeys that breathe my air. I am a completely alien species, and I hate this planet.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Where's the Neanderthal connection?

Or the Denisovan?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I've heard it was where those with blue eyes come from... Homo Sapiens Sapiens intermingling with Neanderthals.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hell no, and I mean HELL NO. I'd rather be shot in the face and my butthole welded shut than be considered "brothers" with some of these soulless miscreants. I would never and anyone who shares my "dna" would never ever do some of the things people in very high power do to others. In order to accomplish such actions you would either have to think you are not the same or simply not be the same. For my own sanity I chose the latter. But thanks though.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Funny thing is I just downloaded the Neanderthal SNPs to my genetics. I guess I'm a little different than most people but I guess everyone here knew that already.
I'm a typical Neanderthal Finn. It should be Ne Andersson la

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
What's most interesting is the denial expressed here. The fact is, no one on Earth, NO ONE, is more distant than 50th cousin. Just do the math. At 4 generations per century (a very conservative estimate considering teen pregnancy throughout history) how may years does it take to get to a billion ancestors? 10 billion? And what was the population in 100 AD? 1000 BC?

It ain't rocket science.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I'm telling your home planet on you.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The next thing you know, Andre the Giant, Kate Upton, Oprah Winfrey and myself will turn out to be identical quadruplets.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I like to think we are all like individual cells of the same body. Humanity shall look back on these dark times and realize that one country fighting another is like the kidney declaring war on the liver.

Eventually we shall wake up to the realization that there is no more difference between the most evil of us and the most enlightened than brothers agreeing to play characters in an awesome movie.

We just forgot its all pretend. Soon the veil shall be removed and all shall take a bow. All shall be forgiven.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Yes were are the same to an extent, but when it comes to chromosomes no we are not the same, i was curious and lucky enough to have a raw dna sample taken and analyzed while tracing a very rare blood disorder only affecting mostly people in Sweden and the Netherlands historically and while uncovering this I found out that not everyone has genetics from about 99% of the planet, using the chromosome distribution on gedmatch, I was able to compare it to at least 3 or 4 other samplings of peers who identify as European or White American, they only covered 2 or 3 bands of chromosomes broken into demographic distribution, my matrix had every single slot populated, not one left untouched and they too were shocked and thought there must be some mistake, but I found that it was not.... I have wondered how can this be so?

I am what you get if you mix Neanderthal, Early European Farmer, African Hunter Gatherers, North African, Iberian/mediterranean, American Indian, Siberian, South and East Asian all together with some trace amounts of others such as Austrolasian, Tibetan and Innuit/Aleut, I am sure I missed others but if you have ever seen a gedmatch chromosome matrix, I have every slot covered from 1% to 40 or 50% distributions...I wondered how this can happen, whether this mixture occurred prior the African Slave trade or before on the continent of Africa..... I think a lot of this admixing of chromosomes occurred through war and conquest from antiquity...but if you see me I am a mixed bag, America would just say, black, which i prefer, mulatto, colored or other..which I also choose in the color box on government forms...

It is sad how people are put into boxes, if we really get down to genetics, chromosomes it's a helluva lot more complex than that, and most people are just finding this out, they are not one race by a long shot, yes, the human race is the only factor, I don't think genes and especially chromosomes will agree that we are all the same, it's just not technically correct...

It's quite of a rude awakening when all your life you are put into a box, told you are either black, white, Asian, Hispanic, Indian etc...and you in your mind from a child have this embedded identity that would discount the pieces that make up the sum of your whole, I will agree we are all brothers for sure...... once the human Genome project started, this was the beginning of the opening of pandora's box on a lot of levels, we just have not seen the full impact yet, once people start really seeing who they are from the genetic perspective it will change the way a lot of people think, a mindshift of sorts...
edit on 31-12-2014 by phinubian because: added info

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
What's most interesting is the denial expressed here. The fact is, no one on Earth, NO ONE, is more distant than 50th cousin. Just do the math. At 4 generations per century (a very conservative estimate considering teen pregnancy throughout history) how may years does it take to get to a billion ancestors? 10 billion? And what was the population in 100 AD? 1000 BC?

It ain't rocket science.

We're probably 50th cousins of an apricot.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RodNasty

I'm telling your home planet on you.

Please do. And tell them I'm sorry, whatever I did. If this planet is my punishment, I must have blown up someone's Death Star or something. I'll never do it again.

Back to the subject at hand, in reality, most animals share a good chunk of DNA. But if humans are that inbred, should similar issues crop up that effect other inbred animals, like cheetahs?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Excellent point, there are many things about humans that regardless of DNa sharing, just do not apply to the animal kingdom and vis versa, we have that self awareness, self adjusting let me attempt to better myself (some people) but most troubling self annihilating quality that some others might not share.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: phinubian

Excellent point, there are many things about humans that regardless of DNa sharing, just do not apply to the animal kingdom and vis versa, we have that self awareness, self adjusting let me attempt to better myself (some people) but most troubling self annihilating quality that some others might not share.

We don't know that non-human animals don't have self-awareness. That's an assumption.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Hell no, and I mean HELL NO. I'd rather be shot in the face and my butthole welded shut than be considered "brothers" with some of these soulless miscreants. I would never and anyone who shares my "dna" would never ever do some of the things people in very high power do to others. In order to accomplish such actions you would either have to think you are not the same or simply not be the same. For my own sanity I chose the latter. But thanks though.

It could be argued that to be considered truly sane we most recognize the potential for good and evil that resides in ALL of us. Always be aware of the possibility of those negative tendencies within the self; to deny that they exist is just another way of giving in to them. None of us are so very different in our motivations and drives from the elite autocrat to the basest drug dealer to the most selfless and humble among us.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Atoms and quantum physics math dont lie either, according to superposition we are everything and everyone reguardless of what it is, its still us. So next time you see something wether it be god, prison, women, wealth, pleasure, or pain your actually looking at another part of yourself.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
This is a surprising thread, for the replies. You have no problem accepting evolution and being related to an ape, but you balk at being related to other humans??? Really??

I find it nice that we are all related. "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join