It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus was Right!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
. He has named specific individuals (for 3 times one surnamed DeGualle will lead France, etc.)

'de gaulle' means 'of france' or 'for france'. ,Also, the Hister mentioning, it more probably meant the river Hister no?

A few years ago, I would have thought the idea of continued warfare between the west and the middle east was at least a decade away...but look where we are

And what do you think people in nostradamus' time would've thought about war between the west and the east? I've actually heard a rather interesting take on nostradamus, I had allways figured him for a crass charlatan or lunatic of some sorts, but apparently some people think that he wasn't predicting future events, but had disguised social commentary on his times and politics in this mode.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ishari

Originally posted by Pisky

Silver has no astrological sign but is believed to represent the moon. Could it be that Nostradamus was not speaking of the planets, but the metals - Iron, Mercury and silver ? After all, Nostradamus was both an astrologer and an alchemist.

www.chemsoc.org...

From your first link, the link for silver (with the symbol that looks like three rays going up from a central point) (www.chemsoc.org...) says:
The symbol for silver is also associated wth the moon in astrology.

At least to me, your supposition makes sense.

Or he meant Mars, the war god, and Mercury, the messenger god, joined together by silver, or wealth.

What kind of prediction is that anyone? One will say the earth trembles? And what do the cities Corinth and Ephesus have to do with it?

Was asia still referencing Turkey (as in asia minor) in his time? Or can the indian ocean be included in asia? Does Corinth mean the site of the city of Corinth, or a city that plays the same role as it used to, or one that had a similiar set of things happen to it? Or does it not mean a city at all, but a nation? Or a peoples?

There's too much to interpret on top of this stuff, and its all wrapped up in a system of interpretation that nostradamus at least says he created on his own from his own principles, and that he destroyed all his references and won't reveal the method. I think that that indicates that he doesn't want them to be 'figured out', and in a very real sense then they aren't predictions at all, they can't be known before the event and can only be speculated upon.

[edit on 2/1/05 by ishari]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Mars and Mercury, and the silver joined together,
Towards the south extreme drought:
In the depths of Asia one will say the earth trembles,
Corinth, Ephesus then in perplexity.

This verse means:

When Mars, Mercury and the Moon appear in the same point
of the sky, ( a Conjunction) that would be visible in the south
extreme drought ( a dessert to the south of Europe, the Sahara)
One , from the depth of the underground of Anatolia, will
command the earth to tremble ( an earthquake will be produced),
this seismic event will affect so much directly the city of Ephesus,
in that coast, and indirectly the city of Corynth to the other side
of the Egeus Sea, a tsunami.

Thanks,
Your friend,
The Angel of light

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
In addition the second paragraph could have two different possible
meanings:
One , from the depth of the underground of Anatolia, will
command the earth to tremble ( an earthquake will be produced,
it would be of supernatural origin )
or
Some powerful person will develop and earthquake by artificial means
( an atomic explosion), and that individual is located in the depth of Asia , in other words central Asia like for instance Afganistan, who do you think could be? ),
Thanks,
your friend,
The Angel of light

visit my threads if you want to know more about me:
www.belowtopsecret.com...
www.prophecies.us...

[edit on 03/02/2007 by The angel of light]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
the angel of light that came to Nostradamus told him about this incident before the US was even dound...and thats not Prophetic?...ok

How do you know he was even speaking of the US or New York? In fact, in Nostradamus's time, the 'New City' was actually a city in Europe I think...maybe Turkey? Anyone?

J.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
the angel of light that came to Nostradamus told him about this incident before the US was even dound...and thats not Prophetic?...ok

How do you know he was even speaking of the US or New York? In fact, in Nostradamus's time, the 'New City' was actually a city in Europe I think...maybe Turkey? Anyone?

J.

According with many interpreters of Nostradamus the Adjective New applied to a region or city refers to some place located in the Americas, since in his time our continent was known as the 'New world'. The usual and popular belief that this is New York City is probably because Nostradamus mentioned not only the city itself but the latitude in one of his quatrains; he wrote that would be located near to the 45 parallel:

The heaven shall burn at five and forty degrees,
The fire shall come near the great new city…
when they shall make a trial of the Normans (Century 6;97).

It is important to remind that this man was not only a professional physician but a very nice astronomer so he usually date or locate facts in reference to Astronomical coordinates with admirable accuracy.
Thanks,
Your friend,
The Angel of lightness

top topics

<< 1   >>

join