It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

72 year old Grandmother arrested for hugging her grandaughter

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedmoonMWC

originally posted by: daftpink

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: daftpink

Well, doesn't all this just stink of a witchhunt.

Sorry really not sure what you mean by that.

witch hunt
noun

an intensive effort to discover and expose disloyalty, subversion, dishonesty, or the like, usually based on slight, doubtful, or irrelevant evidence.

Never ever came across that definition before. Witch hunt means something bit different where I come from.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedmoonMWC

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: daftpink

Well, doesn't all this just stink of a witchhunt.

Sorry really not sure what you mean by that.

witch hunt
noun

an intensive effort to discover and expose disloyalty, subversion, dishonesty, or the like, usually based on slight, doubtful, or irrelevant evidence.

Never ever came across that definition before. Witch hunt means something bit different where I come from.

dictionary.reference.com...

forgot to add source, sorry.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Often, in cases of abuse/neglect of a minor or of intellectually impaired individuals, the court records are sealed for the protection and privacy of the individual. Not sure how that works in the UK, of course, but here it is pretty common...particularly if the charges were sexual or violent in nature. Could be that the records are suppressed and not made public record. Who knows? Just not enough information available to say either way whether or not their actions are justified or not. Very sad for the girl, regardless.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Not a secret court? The excerpt you provided says secretive court!.

The girl has run away over a hundred times. When the hug occurred it was caught on CCTV cameras when the girl was spotted by her grandmother in the parking lot of a pub.

It is secretive due to the mental health issues. In other words, it apparently does not allow those types of cases to be general public knowledge. Same thing here in the states. It's specially protected information. That has nothing to do with her being sentenced in absentia...she likely didn't show up for court, and her presence was not required as long as she had legal representation in the courtroom standing in for her. Also the same here in the US.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

forced-adoption.com...

I think a lot of you don't know how bad it is in the UK for people with children, they can take your children for any reason and many cases are easy to find via a search.

The new money making game is the old,

If a pensioner is living in the their own home Social Services will say' we think you cannot look after yourself and get a court order and put them in a nursing home, the first the son or daughter find out about it is after its done, the son and daughter is then handed a court order barring them any contact with their mother.

If the son and daughter complain speak out then they are jailed by a secret court, the house is sold and the money goes to social services as they are the guardians.

I don't know why posters from the USA find the OP story untrue or think there maybe hidden facts when you have the same in the USA where you can be jailed without trial' at least you have a trial in the UK even if it is secret.

All these secret courts were brought in for terrorists but are being used to stop people speaking out with the threat of jail. Just look at Melanie Shaw a victim of sexual abuse when she was younger who was jailed in secret in order to shut her up.

The UK is filthy and the USA is not much better.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: pavmas

www.ukcolumn.org...
And what about Robert Green www.freerobertgreen.co.uk...

www.facebook.com... admit you are mental or back to prison you go.

A lot of you may know bill maloney of pie and mash films, here is a video where he met a couple coming from the secret court www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
A German European Union Minister crying in the Euro Parliment over Britains stolen children, THe E.U know they are being stolen, this is a must watch video, If you are old or young in the UK you are a target.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
There was a man arrested.in the UK for saying happy birthday to his some on Facebook. the only reason it got into the paper is because the son was an adult and was. able to go to the papers themselves and tell his fathers story. obviously the ban on the public co.tact was put in place when the son was a child but was still able to be enforced when he became an adult. pure madness.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

www.theguardian.com...

The Establishment is littered with child abuse cases and all are covered up, some of the witnesses say they have saw kids murdered, the abuse covers Royal family Government, top Judges and Police as will as solicitors.

Jack Straw brought in a law that children could not speak out if abused ( this was said to protect children) Jack straws brother is a child abuser.
It is now an offence in the UK for a child to report they are being abused ( I think I preferred the Nazis)
www.whatdotheyknow.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Often, in cases of abuse/neglect of a minor or of intellectually impaired individuals, the court records are sealed for the protection and privacy of the individual. Not sure how that works in the UK, of course, but here it is pretty common...particularly if the charges were sexual or violent in nature. Could be that the records are suppressed and not made public record. Who knows? Just not enough information available to say either way whether or not their actions are justified or not. Very sad for the girl, regardless.

I get what you say but it does no body any good to sweep child molestation under the rug and not charge the offender. If that is the case here then they should just release here cause bottom line is that if no sexual charges were filed then they have no real reason anymore to ward her.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I think a lot of you don't know how bad it is in the UK for people with children, they can take your children for any reason and many cases are easy to find via a search

It is definitely shocking, at least to myself, to think there might be such corruption going on in other countries because we are surrounded by and inundated with it to such a huge degree here in the US. Sometimes, no place seems worse than our own country. But I don't think that is what's behind the opinions of the US posters on this thread so far.

Of course, I can only speak for my own opinion, but in this particular thread we simply don't have enough info to make an assessment of the situation as it was presented in the OP. And the info that is available is sketchy at best. It just doesn't ring true to me...there is more to the story.

I personally believe that, based on what we know, this woman violated a court order of protection and did so on numerous occasions, encouraged her mentally handicapped granddaughter to run away from her caregivers, deceive them and sneak behind their backs to meet her places, and no matter how sad it is, what she is doing is wrong. I feel for her, I really do, but had she not done any of those things, she might have had an opportunity to turn the situation around in a way that was not harmful to her granddaughter's emotional or physical well-being, and that was not illegal. I mean no harm, just simply do not believe the story as it now stands.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I get what you say but it does no body any good to sweep child molestation under the rug and not charge the offender. If that is the case here then they should just release here cause bottom line is that if no sexual charges were filed then they have no real reason anymore to ward her.

They have plenty of reason to ward her. The source article states that she has the mental capacity of someone ten years younger than her actual age. She will never be able to live on her own or hold down more than the simplest of jobs, so where else can she go? If the father was abusive, and it sounds like he was, and the grandmother knew about it but did nothing to protect her, she is complicit in the abuse. It would just be putting the poor girl back into the same environment were they to let her go, and subject her to the same circumstances. If she were a minor child who was taken and is now a normal, healthy, mentally stable adult being held against her will, that would be something altogether different. But she's not.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

what abuse is harsh enough to warrent arresting someone for a hug but is not bad enough to warn the public. they have too much power and your reasoning about the girl not having capicity to help herself is false. she has shown over and over again that she can escape from harsh enviroments that she does not want to be a part of. this treatment is more sick than anything they could have done to the girl. there is no such thing as an abuser being so dangerous that they can not tell the public. if they are aware of things done but choose to cover it up and put the public in danger then they need to be charged. it would be easier to let the girl go and forget about it.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Interesting articles and story. It leaves me wondering though. There has to be a reason this child was taken away in the first place and neither article addresses that at all....they just say the grandmother said it was for a "spurious excuse".

Is there any other information as to why they took the child away? They also cite that they can't say the father's name in the story due to legal reasons which also does not make any sense.

Odd story that seems to have a lot more behind it than what is being reported.

I've been involved in many cases where children were "taken away" based on false accusations of sexual abuse, physical abuse, verbal abuse, and just about any other lies somebody can tell about another person.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I agree fully, secret courts, words like "on the balance of probability" used in secret courts to take children from parents when there is no evidence, poor Psychologist's reports based mainly on theory or assumptions of victimising social workers and so called "professionals"
and vicious nasty people more concerned with getting results, and mainly from non-events or fictional words and stories, it needs closing down and starting all over again in an honest format,

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

The old woman was snooped on by social work, only allowed to make a call once a month to her granddaughter which had to be monitored. Where are the privacy rights here? She was spotted hugging her granddaughter and was then arrested at a concert.

If my grandson's other grandmother came any where near him without permission, I'd have her arrested.

There's more to this story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join