It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. braces for autopsy report of unarmed black man shot by police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well, crap.

The report could offer more insight into conflicting accounts of what happened moments before Ford was shot. LAPD officials say Ford was resisting arrest and was shot when he tried to take an officer’s handgun. But witnesses have told local reporters Ford was face-down on the ground when he was killed.

Same s different d. I'm really hoping this thing was completely justified and there is no room to argue. I highly doubt that will happen.

Guess who is representing the family?

Lerman, who represented Rodney King, has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the LAPD on behalf of Ford’s parents. The lawsuit seeks $75 million in damages.

So this is what the police allege happened.

But Ford, the statement said, “continued walking and made suspicious movements, including attempting to conceal his hands.

“When the officers got closer and attempted to stop the individual, the individual turned, grabbed one of the officers, and a struggle ensued. During the struggle, they fell to the ground and the individual attempted to remove the officer’s handgun from its holster.” The other officer, police said, “fired his handgun and the officer on the ground fired his backup weapon at the individual.”

This is what others allege happened.

“They laid him out and for whatever reason, they shot him in the back, knowing mentally, he has complications. Every officer in this area, from the Newton Division, knows that — that this child has mental problems,” the man said. In addition: “The excessive force … there was no purpose for it. The multiple shootings in the back while he’s laying down? No. Then when the mom comes, they don’t try to console her … they pull the billy clubs out.”

I'm fairly skeptical that a man known to have mental issues was killed execution style out in public. I have a hard time finding witnesses to be reliable, but especially so in "rough" neighborhoods. The man was shot three times, with one of the officers using his backup gun. The fact that this person is a family friend also makes me doubt it even more.

And the typical family response.

“My heart is so heavy,” she told the station. “My son was a good kid. He didn’t deserve to die the way he did.”

And the typical backstory.

The Times reported that Ford had prior convictions for marijuana possession and illegal possession of a loaded firearm.

Ford’s parents said he was diagnosed with depression and later schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.

I'm not doubting that. I really hate to see anyone be killed, and it's especially troubling when it's (and far too often this is the case) someone with mental issues that is almost assuredly not getting the help that they need.

The Mayor ordered autopsy reports be made public by years end, stating that it was important for the family and the community. I'm inclined to agree. I'm also worried about people in the area after the news is released, pretty much either way the report points.

There will be a protest in front of the LAPD tomorrow at noon. I hope it remains peaceful, and I hope that whatever the report says people will protest peacefully.

If you live near LA, perhaps now would be a good time to take a little vacation.

Link

Link 2

edit on 2920151220151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Fired his back up weapon??

Would that be something other thing his service weapon?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yes. Many police carry a backup gun (they have to register it and pick from an approved list). Reason being sometimes guns screw up at the worst time, and sometimes people go for the gun they can see.

So say I was a cop and my duty weapon was a Glock 17. I would want to carry either a revolver or "baby" Glock in an ankle holster or somewhere else in case my duty weapon malfunctioned, or someone was struggling with me over it.

It's not a throw down gun before people suggest it.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

shot in the back.
The suspect must have been a pot smoker.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Alright, I guess that makes sense.

The initial stop sounds pretty iffy.

Will be interested in the results.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Oh you already got the autopsy report?

It looks like he was a pot smoker. He also had a record for carrying a loaded handgun.

(post by 3u40r15m removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Autopsy Shows Los Angeles Police Shot Man 3 Times

An autopsy report released Monday on a 25-year-old black man killed in a confrontation with Los Angeles police appears to affirm initial statements by officers about the struggle that led to the close-range shooting, police said.

Ezell Ford was shot three times in his right side, right arm and back, according to the report that also says a muzzle imprint was found around the back wound and that Ford had abrasions to his left hand, forearm and elbow.

The report was disclosed after police initially ordered the Los Angeles County medical examiner's office to withhold the results for months to avoid tainting potential witness statements.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It sounds weird, but it's not unheard of to have a weapon go boobs up or have someone wrestle for it. The boobs up thing seems to like to happen at the worst possible time.

There are a myriad of reasons why they could have stopped.

I'm interested to see what happens too. I don't think the autopsy is going to reveal much. Unless there were three holes point blank in the back of his head or something. People can be prostrate and then "flash" and get violent. When I did loss prevention many years ago a lot of people who were on drugs were super easy to deal with initially, but after a certain amount of time in cuffs, and sometimes just when I brought the cuffs out they would go berserk. We called it "flashing". Sane and normal, then in a flash crazy. Actually it wasn't always drugs either, thought the reaction would be more severe.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

There are a myriad of reasons why they could have stopped.

I mean was it a stop and talk or did they suspect him of something.

Based on what xuechen just posted sounds like they can confirm he was shot and one was in the back.
The whole reach around his back to shot him sounds weird and unnecessary.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
i bet the koreans are already locked and loaded up on the roof.

edit on 29-12-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

They just keep pushing the minority community over and over and over....these corrupt cops are going to regret what they've done and the power they think they wield when the people that have been done wrong rise up, like they are and show their recourse, which will be nothing less than what they've been given.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Oh you already got the autopsy report?

It looks like he was a pot smoker. He also had a record for carrying a loaded handgun.

A guy with known mental problems who is known to carry a gun on occasion ? What is wrong with that statement...In California no less ! The guy should have received jail time for the gun possession or help for the mental problems..either of those two circumstances is better than being shot in the back I would think ?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Fired his back up weapon??

Would that be something other thing his service weapon?

Officers can carry their personal firearm as a secondary if they choose to. Generally on a thigh holster or ankle holster. They must also register that weapon and notify their supervisor they are carrying it.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
Why do you hope it's justified? If he was face down The cop should be also killed face down

No, if the cop executed him because of a struggle and it was ruled murder that would be 2nd degree, not murder 1.

edit on 30-12-2014 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

maybe all this news of police killings is designed to stir up unrest with the view to bring in martial control

the more i read the stories of things that are happening around the world , the more i am convinced that all this stuff is working to an end goal

and that goal is total domination .

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

and that goal is total domination .

Just like Daniel and Revelation says is our end.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I do not care what his past record was. What I would like to know is the following, and that will make all of the difference in the world:

1) What does the tox report state. It should show what all is in the blood, how heavy and what all is present. If the person was high or on anything at the time.

2) Are there any gun residue on the hands?

3) How badly was the officer hurt.

Those three things will determine if the officer is guilty or innocent.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
My real question is this... what were the "suspicious actions" of the deceased the precipitated this shooting?

Was he wearing a mask?

Handing out high energy physics books?

What?

The catch all "hunch" really doesn't cut it with me, especially with the LA PD with their storied history of racism.

Derek

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Its going to spiral out of control until the FBI steps in and seizes control of the local PD and breaks up the unions.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join