It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Civilization on Mars Wiped Out by Nuke-wielding Aliens, says Physicist

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I had to post this information, not because it was way way out there, but because of all the pictures that have been popping up on ATS from Mars, and could be pics. Interesting and definitely ATS material.

Well this might explain the "could be pics" now. lol

mysteriousuniverse.org...

BIZARRE: Ancient civilization on Mars was wiped out by nuke-wielding aliens, says physicist

Could the reason that life on Mars no longer exists, at least from what we know, be that it was destroyed by an alien race using advanced nuclear weapons systems? This is the postulation of plasma physicist Dr. John Brandenburg, who recently published a study suggesting that two races of beings, the Cydonians and the Utopians, were killed off in dual nuclear explosions that left Mars in the state we currently observe it today.

At some point in the past, says Dr. Brandenburg, the climate of Mars was similar to that of Earth, with all sorts of diverse animal and plant life. As far as intelligent life, beings with knowledge roughly equivalent to the ancient Egyptians here on Earth flourished in multiple regions of the planet, which was also likely a different color from the red we see now.

Radioactive elements, Xenon-129 found on Mars surface and in atmosphere

Dr. Brandenburg also says

"The Martian surface is covered with a thin layer of radioactive substances including uranium, thorium and radioactive potassium - and this pattern radiates from a hot spot on Mars," says Dr. Brandenburg. "A nuclear explosion could have sent debris all around the planet."

edit on 29-12-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Two questions: how do we/he know about the beings with ancient Egyptian level intelligence? How did those beings come to have the ability for nuclear destruction?

Eta: disregard question 2. I see now that it was aliens who nuked the planet. Yea....
edit on 29-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Eta

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Two questions: how do we/he know about the beings with ancient Egyptian level intelligence? How did those beings come to have the ability for nuclear destruction?

First question: I don't know that's why it's in the Gray area

Second question: Same answer as the first question.
edit on 29-12-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I can hear it now...."if, as ancient astronaut theorists believe..." And then Giorgio will blow everybody's mind, and hair, back.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Maybe it was future space travelling Earthlings, who went back in time, and obliterated Mars?

Maybe the dead planet is one BIG human conspiracy?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I can hear it now...."if, as ancient astronaut theorists believe..." And then Giorgio will blow everybody's mind, and hair, back.

This guy is no moron though his credentials are fairly impressive.

astroreview.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I appreciate the thread OP. I don't think the idea is something new, though perhaps not from scientists per se. I'm near sure that there are posts on ATS that allude to much the same idea just because. I suppose 'Planet of the Apes' swings a bit that way too. A natural nuclear explosion also?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Are the names Cydonians and Utopians names that we humans made up?
Or names that came from before humans through legends and then we attributed those same names for areas on Mars?

I always found funny that many names that we made up for celestial regions and objects, we have also attributed them to "known aliens race" and those aliens don't seem to mind it...I mean, if there really are aliens that is.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I have no doubt about his creds. The article just didn't do an awesome job explaining how he got there though. Then again I was having issues loading it so maybe I missed something, I dunno. I'd love a more detailed explanation on both my questions from him. Or somebody anyway

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

A natural nuclear explosion also?

Thats my postulation. If elements that are radioactive are discovered in boundry ( layers how do we account for that?

How big, fast, and what angle does a particular sort of space rock have to be to actually go critical? Just a tiny piece of one is enough…

The physicists have all claimed that thats impossible and will do so here. They are sure they understand the dynamics of impactors but have yet to measure one directly, except Jupiter.

And there it was, "You mean there were Plumes??!" My attitude is they don't know yet what a rock is going to do when it plunges miles deep into a planet at many kilometers per second.

The pressures are enormous. I say a tiny fraction of heated rock in a cone like tunnel on an asteroid made of just the right material… can go critical.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

There is a review for his book on Amazon.

Death On Mars: The Discovery of a Planetary Nuclear Massacre

It explains some.... I mean it's not a short review, and yet it doesn't really get into it.

Mostly it's a bad review of the writer's ability to stick on the science. Not that he has any science wrong, but that he doesn't talk about it enough. Mixing in religion and his own history..

I don't know if it's true, because I can't see any detail about this story or the book he's releasing.

Uranium and Thorium.. That seems to be the only lead along with the idea that some of the "structures" on Mars are made by intelligences.. So they must have been destroyed idea.

So I really don't have enough to go on here.. I've heard the idea before about Thorium and Uranium.. The guy worked on Star wars.. Maybe he is in a position to analyze such things. I can't tell.

I must imagine that if the data was a sure thing this would have come out long before someone had time to write a book about it.

I'm not having luck tracking down the paper he wrote or was going to.
I found one dead link..
edit on 29-12-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
What the hell,

Science cant even verify simple life on mars, how do you jump to:

Advanced civilization, then jump to:

Two advanced civilizations, then jump to:

Wiped out by nukes ?

Thats way too much hypothesizing, this guy sounds like a quack with a vi id imagination.

I beleive there was advanced life on mars, but I would like to see it proved, step by step.

Not take the word of some dude

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

"The Martian surface is covered with a thin layer of radioactive substances including uranium, thorium and radioactive potassium - and this pattern radiates from a hot spot on Mars," says Dr. Brandenburg. "A nuclear explosion could have sent debris all around the planet."

This is actually verified.

Something Nuclear DID occure on Mars.
The Radiation on Mars is actually quite Harsh.

www.google.ca...=martian+radioactive+dust
See for yourself.

Don't know how he came to the conclusion it was 2 species. Albeit. Names given even that did this.
My best guess is it is Satire, Because we don't know what alien species exist. Yet, it looks A lot like some sort of Nuclear war did occure on Mars.

By all means, 2 alien species COULD of potencially duked it out. Also likewise, Humans could of nuked mars and migrated to Earth.

That is a popular Theory among scientists who believe in an Andeluvian Advanced civilization.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
He's almost right. Mars used to be the original Cylon home planet, but the 13th colony nuked them after establishing a settlement on earth. And you thought Battlestar Galactica was just a TV show.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I believe that you can find an interview of Dr. Brandenburg in the following link:

Coast to Coast - Mars Special - Date: 04-10-14

For some more (heavy-stuff?), checkout the YouTube-Conversation starting at the 1:02:30-(1 hour, 2 minute, 30 second )-Mark.

-
OPINION: To Each ... Their Own.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
How did he come up with those names for Alien races ???

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Also, the Dust on Mars is much finer than it is on Earth.

Very much like *shattered* Rock.

That's what happens in a Nuclear explosion expecially if they occure underground.

I imagine what ever hit mars pirced through crusts of rock and then Exploded. Sending Rocks and debris everywhere.
Also shattering the ground.

Underground explosions are quite interesting. Likewise, any nuclear weapons stronger than our current ones. Lets say 1000-10,000 stronger? Would be enough to shatter lots of the mars surface. That's probably why you see some many rocks strewn out everywhere and why the dust is so fine.

Nuclear blasts will actually pulverize rock into the finest grains of sand.
This why mars is covered by a fine dust storm. That just happens to be radioactive particles swirling around. Also Lots and lots of Carbon in the atmosphere. Carbon dioxide in the atmosphere can only come from living organisms being incerated.
Since mars is what 94-98% carbon-dioxide * Like the stuff that comes out of your car, Which relies on organic matter to burn*

If you look at mars it pretty much is a nuclear wasteland. Why? Is it possible that the Sun hit mars with a massive solar flare? Thus nuking the entire surface?

*It's a possibility but keep in mind that mars is even further away than Earth is from the sun*

But yeah.

Can't ignore this stuff about mars... It's not really a coincidence and is kinda impossible that mars didn't have life on it.
Since the presence of Carbon at such a high percentage can't really be ignored.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
S&F.

I found the article very interesting and entertaining. Now a nuclear explosion does not occur naturally in nature, correct? So if there is evidence of a nuclear explosion having occurred on Mars in the past, it would have had to of been populated with an intelligent species capable of splitting the atom, right?

Or could asteroid or comet hitting the planet create a similar fall out?

CdT

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

If the Asteroid was made of plutonium Uranium and Thorium Sure
That would be possible.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

There ARE clearly fossils on Mars both of plants and animals. It certainly is worth considering. The rocks seem in many places to have been subjected to some unimaginable heat exploding and tearing.

An interesting side note...I have been reading of the many instances of science fiction becoming our new realities. It is stunning the amount of times science fiction accurately depicted truth long ahead of time. We know Sci-Fi have shown Mars to be inhabited and destroying even as far back as the John Carter books.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join