It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Antonio Martin Have Pointed A CAMERA At The Officer Who Shot Him?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Since I can I would like to get a jump on this, no need to waste your time with this thread, I was wrong with the premise and other posters have pointed that out.

MODS feel free to delete!

edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmSunday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

you got to be kidding, that's the cop's flashlight shinning on the ground. you can see it in the other videos.
you even see the cop drop it in one of them.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Your could it have been a camera? link is broken it appears.

The real problem that we have going forward is how many people are going to get shot for recording a LEO with the reason from LEO being that he "thought" it was a gun and OMG "I was afraid for my life?"

So far I've only been able to view the GIF and it's not 100% clear. I can say that I wouldn't have guessed it to be a weapon - but that's based on his body language/posture.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

So if the cop had the light in that hand and that is the light we are seeing, how did he get the drop on Antonio?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Sorry man but that gif is showing the flashlight.

Unless he is recording with a flashlight app on, the light would not be that prominent coming from a cell phone.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Other videos show Martin point the gun with his left or right arm and hand?

edit on Dec-28-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

It wouldn't have been suicide if he didn't have the safety on, he would have shot the cop point blank.

edit on 28-12-2014 by Dystopium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

here is the video released from camera 29 cut a little and enlarged.
you can clearly see the cops light on the ground moving around. in front of the car and around their legs.

So if the cop had the light in that hand and that is the light we are seeing, how did he get the drop on Antonio?

i can't answer that, don't really have enough info. have heeard that the gun was on safe, also the cop could be left handed and wear his gun on the left.

edit on 28-12-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Because dear Antonio forgot to take the safety off. The officer transfers his light from gun hand to off hand as he's starting to back up, and is drawing his weapon as he's backing up. If dear Antonio were simply raising his phone to video the officer and it was the brightly lit, why did his friend take off on him when he thrust his hand forward and the officer began backpedalling? Why does he not pull out his phone and fiddle around to get to the camera and then start the recording function? I mean I'm no expert on cameras but I know I can't unlock my phone and get to the camera and start taking a video without ever looking at it and all within about a second a half. If it were just his phone, why did everybody freak out? Why did they find a second gun? Did the officer have time to run all the way across the parking lot twice, plant the gun, hide the phone, all without anybody seeing any of it? Including the camera?

And before anybody starts in on how the camera footage was stopped: if you really think they're going to release the footage of dear Antonio right after he was shot and laying on the ground....my God. I mean I suppose they could blur out his body, but then people would just say well we don't know what's really happening in that blur and the officer could be planting the gun right then. Or something.

Cops really just can't ever get it right, can they?
edit on 28-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Typos and added

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I guess what confuses me in the GIF, is that is does not look like he reached in his pocket for anthing, it looks like he simply lifts his arm, now the interaction was already going, how would the cop not have already seen the gun?

As far as how he would have attempted recoding him, I do not know.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

you got to be kidding, that's the cop's flashlight shinning on the ground. you can see it in the other videos.
you even see the cop drop it in one of them.

That makes no sense. How could a torch on on the ground be shining on top of the objects in the kids hand, without illuminating the surrounding area.

To me that looks exactly like a smart phone in his hand. Even the way his holding it, with his hand out flat and his thumb on top of the 'screen' so he can navigate.

I've got to admit, at first I thought the whole theory of the gun being planted after the fact was a little far fetched. But after seeing that I'm starting to think it's indeed exactly what has happened.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

watch the video you see him shine it on him a couple of times.

link   

He goes out of the screen, you can't see what his hands are doing.

How do you explain the gun that was found?

link   
DP
edit on thSun, 28 Dec 2014 22:11:45 -0600America/Chicago1220144580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

With your video hounddog, it does appear to be a gun.

Shamrock with your point on the saftey being on, that explains how the cop got the jump on him.

edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmSunday10 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
To me that looks exactly like a smart phone in his hand. Even the way his holding it, with his hand out flat and his thumb on top of the 'screen' so he can navigate.

What videos have you watched because I have yet to see one that is clear enough to see his hand out flat and his thumb on top of the screen so he can navigate.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

That video you embedded just shows him putting his arm in the air, exactly what you would do if you were trying to tape a cop with a smart phone. You don't see any gun!

originally posted by: opethPA

What videos have you watched because I have yet to see one that is clear enough to see his hand out flat and his thumb on top of the screen so he can navigate.

On the Gif in the OP. It was the first video I watched, because I had just assumed until then it was a open and shut case of suicide by police.
edit on 28-12-2014 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Sub, it was a gun.

He raises and points like one would with a gun, cop and buddy react like it is a gun and a gun was found...
Not sure what else you want.

Cop is lucky this kid had the safety on.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

That video you embedded just shows him putting his arm in the air, exactly what you would do if you were trying to tape a cop with a smart phone. You don't see any gun!

That video you embedded just shows him pointing a gun at the cop, exactly what you would do if you were trying to shoot a cop with a gun. You don't see any smart phone!

Based on the clarity of the videos everyone has seen my statement above is just as valid as yours.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

How do you explain the gun that was found?

Did you not know that every police officer carries a spare gun in their back pocket just in case that they decide today is the day they are going to randomly kill someone . If these people were in a house with an armed and violent intruder i am sure they wouldnt be praying for the police to negotiate or taze the offender . They would be screaming shoot his mo fo ass .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join