It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the Bible was a timetravelers handbook?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

What if everything that was going to happen, and everything that has happened before, had already happened?
The only true way us Humans willl ever Fully know if the Holy bible is real and everything is as it says it should be would be if we were to use Time travel to witness the events of the Bible.

One would have to read the prophecies of the bible and then wait for their fullfillment to witness the times of both the old testament and new testament.

Many people believe we are currently In the Book of Revelation, and its one possibility that i've been leaning towards was that John of Patmos, who wrote the book of revelation A.K.A the Apocalypse of John, Had Time traveled when he was carried away by an angel.

The Bible has stories where one person had fell asleep and awoken something like 70 years later.

And if time travel is ever possible in the future, then it may help explain the Three things that bear record in heaven and are One.
The father, son, and holyspirit.

Think about it like this, back in the day the holy spirit became bestowed upon jesus in the form of a dove. But what if the holy spirit jesus, and god the father really all were the same person, forexample. what if the holy spirit was the son from the future, and god the Father was the holy spirit from the future, each one with more DNA strands activated or something to be more evolved then the previous one. Because jesus would say # like "My Father and I are One" and "If you've seen me then you've seen the Father.

In the bible he says I am Alpha and Omega. The beginning and the end. The First and the last.
Could this mean he was the first thing in existence and also the Last? that he was the beginning but also the end.

My theory is that he time travels back into the past after the kingdom of god does, to be the first and the last.
God wasn't alone at the creation of the earth and man, later on in the bible it said that the morning stars (angels) sang in all glory during the creation of the foundation of the world.

It would also explain how God could exist and give us a higher understanding of the Royal we who said "Let us make man in our image and our likeness."
It would explain how god could exist because all he would have to do is time travel to before the universe existed and create himself to be predestined to one day return the favor.

The bible says for god all things are possible, but for humans this is impossible. but in the bible Humans do the Impossible with the will and help of God. And if God had to use technology to do what he did then he would still be considered God, either with the technology to time travel or to create the matter of the universe.

what do u think?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro

It would also explain how God could exist and give us a higher understanding of the Royal we who said "Let us make man in our image and our likeness."

What is the Time Travelers' Password?

edit on 28-12-2014 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Interesting thought...
perhaps it is more like quantum physics?
not time travelling per se but, actually being in 2 or more places at once?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You have a very mind bending thread here i like it. This is what it would take to rule the time lines but then you get to the point where the fallen go back in time and try to change the present. However this thought is not for everyone because it confuses life much.

the password is OPENSAYSME

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Some verses attribute creation to the Father, some verses to the Son, and other verses to the Spirit.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The Bible has stories where one person had fell asleep and awoken something like 70 years later.

I was not aware that Rip Van Winkle was based on a biblical story. Can you enlighten me?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Hi Belcastro,

I would like to add the following thought to your question:

Let's assume Time Travel was possible at the time of Biblical events, so that the writers of the sevearl books would witness events first handedly and then "get back" to the future and write it.
This is not entirely unbelievable, in fact could be quite possible that time travelers roamed our world at some time in our past (either this, or time portals opened and tossed artifacts at random in and from different ages) coming from Earth PAST to Earth FUTURE or vice versa, or coming from Planet X to Earth, etc.

My question would be: Does Time Traveling mean UNDERSTANDING of some of the phenomena which are described in the Bible and other sacred text in a more or less veiled fashion? From the Trinity mystery to the ascending of Enoch to the clouds, from the seven plagues of Egypt to the evil eye cast on Saul, not to mention the most symbolical books of all, Genesis and the Apocalypse (New Testament in this case).

So if a Time Traveler would go into the past, witness events and then come back to its present time and write an account of what he saw, why should he write in such enigmatic way? What would be the purpose of traveling to another time and then still write about that time in a concealed style?

a) He didn't understand what he saw (Even if from the future, his knowledge was still not enough to grasp those events)
b) He well understood what he saw and for that reason decided not to make it accessible to the mass

We also should consider the fact the the Bible was written by different (several) authors...all of them time travelers from the same future? If not, who adjusted the style to make it look so similar if not identical?
Cheers

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliamWAS

imo you are close but it could all be explained by having just one who had the ability to travel. Jesus gave the word to the writers and through his spirit they would write.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

God exists outside of time, he created everything, including time. Ocams razor. Or so says the bible. God doesn't have to do time travel. He's the creator, He's omnipotent. Why would you include human time travel, exclude God's omnipotence and make it more difficult?
edit on 28-12-2014 by WeZet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

the password is OPENSAYSME

I'll give you a hint Deadeye... the password is followed by a countersign.

countersign:
    noun
    1. a sign used in reply to another sign.
    2. Military. a secret sign that must be given by authorized persons seeking admission through a guarded area.
    3. a ...

In the Arabic story of "Ali-baba and the forty thieves" the word OPENSESAME was followed by the door just opening. There was no countersign.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Ok but even if only one time traveler writing through God's guidance....why writing in the Ancient Hebrew language and not in his [the Time Traveler's] own language? Shall we assume that the Time Traveler was a Jew?
Or that he went back to Biblical time, learnt the language of that time, and wrote with that language? To what purpose traveling and recording in that language then?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I've always believed it was like the show lost where the quantum physicist faraday says that when they go back in time, whatever happened , happened.

also there was a parrallel timeline that everyone quantum jumped to when they died where everyone was ok but still remembered being on the island.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

originally posted by: Belcastro

What is the Time Travelers' Password?

im a go on a limb and guess , thursday september 29th 2011 the sign of the woman and the dragon.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Well, considering that Revelation wasn't a book of the Bible when John wrote it, those were just compilations of letters, I don't see how the Bible would be that.

All he had was the Torah, so maybe the Torah is the handbook?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

Actually, Ali Baba was a Persian story long before the Arabic.

Persian legends are really entertaining, just ask Shaherizadhe who managed to keep her head attached by telling these Persian stories. It was Shaherizadhe who was given credit for Ali Baba.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Or if you had perfect understanding of physics you could make a perfect prediction of the future without trying.

But what would be the fun in a verse without a challenge.

(0) made a perfect place in the unum, and every spirit envied this spot so much that they created everything in the universe to take the throne, but they didn't understand that that was his plan all along. God only created what is stated in the Bible, final word.

Here's the hard part, when you have perfect perception, time becomes difficult to keep in order. Not for (0) because he only cares about good stuff. And that's on the (inside).

(0) is (0(0))???????
God is Good!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SniperSmiley

Or if you had perfect understanding of physics you could make a perfect prediction of the future without trying.

No you couldn't there is no distinction between space and time, and linear time itself is an illusion.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: SniperSmiley

No you couldn't there is no distinction between space and time, and linear time itself is an illusion.

Isn't it amazing that when someone has a memory, they remember everything about that time and space? They have, in essence, time traveled.

Linear time is indeed an illusion, while we are getting older chronologically, our minds are still connected to previous time and space. Amazing to think about.

And think about this, by the time I type this comment, several seconds of time moved forward chronologically, but it is an answer to a post a few moments before, so my mind is still back in time, even if for a few seconds.

top topics

join