It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humming/Buzzing sound in ears

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hey guys.

I am having this humming, very very low-pitched humming or buzzing in my right ear.
It's late night here in the EU and I was about to go to sleep as I realised I am maybe starting to "hear" that in my left ear as well.
So that's why I came here to see whether anyone of you has something to say 'bout this. I hope somebody does.
Preciously, it's very hard to describe. It's more like it's coming from within my head rather than from the outside world, which certainly is.

I've had it for approx. 5 days now.
I've heard this sound for about 2-3 weeks earlier this year, I think August maybe? Can't quite remember... then it went away on its own. And I think I had it like maybe twice before that. It always comes out of sudden, stays there no matter what I do... tried anything I could possibly think of, it persists... day after day and then, suddenly disappears.

I can stop it by rubbing my ear for example or making a clicking sound with my fingers, or just turning the music on, putting on my headphones etc... any sound basically can stop the humming. Once the sound output is gone, the humming comes back. It's really freakin' annoying when I try to study & concentrate in a quiet room. Again, in a noisy environment it's hardly noticeable.

It's mainly the right ear and it's immensely difficult to describe, it's like those 2012 humming sounds but a bit more lower I guess...
It's a continual humming, sometimes it stops for a moment (1 second) then it continues for about 5-10 seconds and then it stops and the pattern repeats. However, the pattern changes often to the point it appears as a very irregular humming.
The frequency seems to be the same, very very low-pitched.... near the hearing point I guess.

Almost like this, but still this is too high,... what I hear is more "deep" like, it's beneath the ground you know, just lower.

I am open to all theories, even the alien implants or whatever.
Thanks in advance!

(I've heard a lot about " ringing in ears " - which is a high-pitched frequency - these are quite common, yet I've heard that the humming sound (low-pitched) is something more subtle, weirder, less common and much more eerie.)
edit on 27-12-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

audio monitors....they tune HAARP into your mental range and record your dreams....do NOT have fantasies about your ex GF,or ex wife,or your secratary....

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: blkcwbyhat
haha, you may be surprised but I've read about HAARP may as well be the cause

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I have heard a low pitch sound in my right ear for about six years now. I used to think it was the train from miles away. I moved and decided it was either the diesels driving down the hwy or the sand plant down the way. About a week ago it was really bad. Asked my wife "Do you hear it now?". She could not. This time I decided to touch the window and try to feel it. Nope. I started to realign my jaw and noticed I could control it somewhat. After further analyze I decided it was a mix of high blood preasure, cold weather (?), and sinus blockage. It comes and goes. Mostly when I wake up in the A.M.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ttropia

Yes, blood pressure crossed my mind as it definitely feels like blood pressing on the ear-drum or.... geez, it's really hard to describe, innit?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I know this may sound pretty far-fetched, but could it be Their presence? Like...you know ...the Greys?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I would like to add that it is 2 distinctive frequencies I hear. One is ,I would say, 22~26Hz the other is about 30~35Hz. Very low sound waves. It sounds to me like a diesel at idle then it will change to a diesel motor under a load, then back to idle. Very annoying. The odd part is if I go to a different part of the state or country it will cease to occur until I return home. Harp passed my mind as well. I think maybe I am not stopping it when I change pressure in my head, but blocking it from actuating my ear drum.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Do a test. Take those headphones out of your ears for two weeks and there's a good chance it will go away. Or turn the volume waaaaay down.

STM

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Exactly! I started to hear that since I came back to parents' house for holidays. Which is 300 miles from my University.

It's definitely strange.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The thing that seemed to work the most for me is turning off the cell phone and wifi at night. Cant say why it just seems to help.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Started after I woke up few days before Christmas, wasnt listening to music a couple of days prior to this.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I have 3 wifi routers at Home, one for Samsung printer, one for the internet and one for the living room audio system...
Tried to switch off the printer and the router in the living room, leaving the main internet access router on.
No change. In the dorm of mine on the other side of country we have 5 routers on each floor (thats 40+ routers in the building!) , yet I havent encountered humming sound there ever.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I would get my hearing checked. And Tinnitus is a possibility that needs to be taken off the table before you go on to mysterious causes.

www.mayoclinic.org...

Good luck, my best,

STM

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Mine started after taking some prescribed pain killers and drinking a few too many beers. It seems physical mot mental (can control somewhat with pressure adjustments). I did start monitoring my blood pressure though and discovered it is possible to weigh 120lb at 5'9" and still have 150 over 100 and high cholesterol. Grab a blood pressure device and check. The are cheap and easy to use. I want to mention tumor but I wouldn't dare bring that up...
edit on 27-12-2014 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch

I would get my hearing checked. And Tinnitus is a possibility that needs to be taken off the table before you go on to mysterious causes.

www.mayoclinic.org...

Good luck, my best,

STM

Had it checked after it had happened in summer, went through all the basic tests, everything in normal, hearing ok, ears healthy, no problem, "patient can leave"

Thats why its strange ...
+ tinnitus is usually the high-pitched one

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I call my issue Tinnitus, but it is not a ring, it is a hum.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Had an MRI scan done a couple of years ago as well, nothing has been found, though I had it done because of a different issue, still they would probably spot that awful thing called tumor I suppose...

Been taking pain-killers lately a lot!

Measuring the blood pressure with those electronic devices is helluva silly.
Can't check it myself on the regular device as it's nearly impossible to do it yourself, will ask somebody to do it for me in the morning.
Cheers

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
If you find something, let me know. I can live with it but would feel silly if a reaction to eating ketchup was all it was.

I use a needle/manual to check my blood pressure. Wife does it for a living and my readings are only off by 2 to 5 points when we compare.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Not true, tinnitus is also a low type sound.

Go to your GP doctor and look for other causes. Did you read through the link? It is not just from ear problems. I'm concerned due to you saying it can go on for days at a time. Your health is priority, please pursue it.

Feel better,

STM

ETA: Large doses of aspirin or similar cause it also.

edit on 27-12-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Can you elaborate? What health problems would you find for concern?

Hydrocodone and Soma for sure trigger it for me.

One odd part is heart attacks are more common in the winter months, Winter season is when mine is most frequent, and blood pressure seems to be related.
a reply to: seentoomuch

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join