It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSAOL: Be affraid... be very affraid...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
media.aoltimewarner.com...

���

AOL Time Warner and Microsoft Agree to Collaborate on Digital Media Initiatives and Settle Pending Litigation

REDMOND, WASH. and NEW YORK- Microsoft Corp. (NASDAQ:MSFT) and AOL Time Warner Inc. (NYSE: AOL) today announced an agreement to collaborate on long-term digital media initiatives that will accelerate the adoption of digital content, and to settle the pending litigation between their companies. The two companies have also agreed to a new royalty-free, seven-year license of Microsoft's browsing technology and a variety of steps designed to ensure that their products work better with each other.

also:
news.com.com...

(Didn't I suggest this might happen about 6 months ago?)

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Closer to 7 months ago;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
So much for the anti trust suit

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 07:08 AM
link   
we are all screwed royally from this, even greys arnt insane enough to splice ted turner and bill gates, this is gona be such a mess.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 07:10 AM
link   
as if it isn't already?! perhaps they will clean up.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
One wonders what the largest media company and the largest software company have in mind?

I have an idea... but first, any guesses?

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
One wonders what the largest media company and the largest software company have in mind?

Making lots of money. OK what did I win?

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Power, Money, NWO,end of privacy....etc...

Only bad things for us.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Words cannot express how much I hate these people. AOL and Micro$oft will now have a complete monopoly on just about everything to do with communications and computers ( not that the aren't alreadyhalf way there ).

Admittedly, I wouldn't be so angry if AOL wasn't so crap!

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   
World domination.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   
ugh. between this and the FCC deregulations, I can see nothing good coming out of this for the little guys. (read: us). I envision the joining forces of AOL and MS as Godzilla, rampaging through the countryside, eating everything in sight and burping up mediocre crap in its place. definitely doesn't sound like a good thing.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Explain to me why this is a bad thing. I am not opposed to monoplies. I love the game monopoly and the best way to win the game is to have the most monopolies. There is nothing dirty or wrong about them. I was never very good at the game and once lost 34 dollars playing, but that was because i never had the good monopolies. If two big companies join it just means they are going to "win". I see nothing wrong with that.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Buy Microsoft and Aol-Short Apple

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
For the love of god, why can't AOL just go bankrupt and fade into obscurity?!

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I would say slow connect speed and enough pop-up ads to drive everyone insane but then again, AOL does a pretty good job of that on their own. "You've got mail...and as soon as you close the 37 ads that popped up you might get to read it..if you haven't lost your connection."

Oh how I love my cable provider.

top topics

join