As part of some work during the last few months for a thread I'm preparing to post on ATS about connections between ufology and documents released by
the CIA on remote viewing studies, I've put together a large PDF archive (over 3Gb of searchable PDF files) and a fairly large index (over 1,000 pages
long - developing indexes originally prepared by the CIA).
I've nearly finished preparing the relevant thread and have already uploaded an Excel version of the index to the link below:
I've also uploaded a copy of that index to a Google Sheets page:
I'd like to include a PDF version of the index as part of the archive I'll be sharing.
Unfortunately, I have had some problems creating a PDF version of the Excel spreadsheet which has working links.
From my searches so far online, it seems that this is a known problem with using the HYPERLINK function in Excel - see e.g. :
The existing links in the Excel spreadsheet:
(1) combine quite a few fields to get the URL,
(2) display just one field of those fields for the name.
I've tried using a Macro to convert some fields to links which are preserved when exporting to a PDF, and can easily get working links if I just use
the full (long) URL in one column - but I've not managed to get working links AND retain the shorter name (with the full URL remaining
Here's a screenshot of the index that I'd like to retain:
A sample full URL is:
I'm getting a bit frustrated with this problem since I want to finish writing the relevant thread.
I'm thinking about writing a macro in Excel (not my strong suit...) which will create a field displaying the text from one field while creating a
hyperlink which combines all the relevant fields - i.e. duplicating the HYPERLINK function in Excel, which may or may not avoid the problem that
exists when exporting to a PDF fields containing the HYPERLINK function.
edit on 23-12-2014 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)