It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To calm the community should Police have a coordinated "Blue Flu" all over the US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: grandmakdw

curious why would you suggest the week of MLK day??

The police are being accused of targeting black people, can you think of a better week to show solidarity with the protesters?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

& what about all the tax payers who aren't protesting to end the police?

Would you advocate this in your state, if hypothetically, there were similar protests there?

How about the Police do their job properly and arrest the bad ones?

Actually, I am advocating it throughout the US for one week.

So yes in my neighborhood too.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Sounds like the purge movie.
Good question though If all the police went on strike wouldn't they have to get the national guard in or would people just go nuts? I think it depends where you are.

No getting the National Guard would be counterproductive and seen as militarizing the US.

Honestly, I don't think most people would go nuts.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

If what you suggest happened,there would be militias and criminal gangs "defending" their territories within hours..
That would probably result in the government declaring martial law,and you would end up with a worse situation than we see at present.

But isn't that what the protesters want? An end to the police.

I really don't think martial law would be declared, most Americans are good and law abiding.

There would be a great deal of fear, yes
but would things get as bad as people are predicting
I don't think so.

If Obama, Jackson, and Sharpton are true to their expressed convictions, then a week without police killing black people should be celebrated by them.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodreviara
I am actually living in a supposed first world country that
allows its police to kill civilians by the thousands per year,
does not even properly keep up with how many they kill and
when called to task for that being a really bad thing, they
act like children and threaten war and calling in sick to
really teach us a lesson by instilling fear in us until we
capitulate. WOW.

Why is it teaching a lesson?

It is exactly what the protesters are asking for isn't it?

It is giving the protesters what they want.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

What protesters are calling for is an end to police brutality and a justice system that protects everyone equally regardless of whom violates the law.

Are you okay with police being above the law?

I am not ok with police being above the law.

What I am hearing is a call to do away with police, as seen in the killing of police because they were not the right color and just because they were police.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

The statute of limitations on, I assume, all crimes committed would not be over by the time the LEOs came back on duty, so nearly every crime where someone was caught on camera or video would still be able to be prosecuted.

But, investigating kidnappings and murders a week after they occurred would do absolutely zero for society, the victims, their families, or, really, anybody, because the people who would be willing to commit these crimes would still be on the loose and much harder to find. Plus, it's nearly an open invitation to commit these crimes when one may not have done so before.

If some people out here think that ridding the miniscule percentage of officers who enforce laws with a heavy--and sometimes illegal--hand for a week outweighs the negatives of not having LEOs around for those who truly need it, they are part of the problem, and this proposal is such an immature "solution" that whomever proposes something like this probably has an IQ bordering on the Forrest Gump level. (that was not directed at you, grandmakdw)

I know, looks like you've been around long enough to know devil's advocate when you see it.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bpg131313

I say, have you heard of a devil's advocate.

Great points, especially about the Stanford experiment, it clearly shows that we will never rid society of police brutality entirely.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I like this idea. Everyone needs a little chaos now and then.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IntroduceALittleIrony

Yeah but TPTB would use it as an excuse to clamp down even harder and expand their control. The system needs an overhaul because it stinks, but chaos is not the way. And they want people to flip out so they can introduce their little solution they've had brewing all along.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I actually would not have a problem with this. I live in a fairly small city, big meth problem but only in a small area, and the rest is a fairly tight knit community of 2nd amendment advocates. I think allowing the tweaked out retards to believe they are above the law would allow us to do some good for our city. They can burn down and rob their own dump of a neighborhood, but they had better not even try to cross 'the line'.

On another note... we also have a very respectable and respectful police force here. Understanding yet firm, cautious not trigger happy, and very down to earth.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

so you would want a life altering event that could have the possibility of endless consequence's to happen on MLK week.

Because that's what martin Luther king stood for?? I mean if that happened his legacy could be marred.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Hell MLK would be upset even without the blue flu. I look around at this country and I see all the work people like him did, amounted to nothing. Sure he was no saint but at least he spoke of equality and not supremacy. Tolerance was a two-way street to him. Racism was something to be exposed then demolished, no matter where it's coming from. Now it's the opposite. MLK would be ashamed of everyone not just his own.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

so you would want a life altering event that could have the possibility of endless consequence's to happen on MLK week.

Because that's what martin Luther king stood for?? I mean if that happened his legacy could be marred.

If all the leaders in the US, including Jackson, Sharpton, Obama, etc.

told everyone to show the police that they can be people of integrity

and the world would not fall apart for "blue flu" one week a year

and all leaders call for peace, cooperation, and showing the world

and the police that the community can behave, can get along,

can be moral without the threat of the police

Then MLK would be proud.

The fact that everyone seems to believe that America would fall apart says more about what we think of each other than anything else.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join