It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CT Supreme Court: Knives and Batons Also Protected by Second Amendment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk
Don't forget Bazookas, Flamethrowers, Grenades, Brass Knuckles, Molotov Cocktails, and TNT.

I love the second amendment. It opens itself up to interpretation so nicely.

Color me confused? It's a simple and straightforward statement. Not open to interpretation. Bazookas, flamethrowers, etc are and should always be legal in the U.S. Any law making them illegal is an illegal law. The Constitution states it is the supreme law of the land, meaning it supersedes all other law, especially contradictory law.

In regards to CT knife laws. You can carry a knife with a blade less than 4" here. As a CT resident I carry a 110 Buck, 3.5" blade, and still a big knife. I don't agree with the limit. The right to bear arms shall not be restricted, supreme law of the land states. A size restriction contradicts a higher law, therefore it is invalid.
edit on 24-12-2014 by SovereignZuul because: fixed grammar

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Hey, if you are a New Black Panther, you can carry a baton outside of a polling place in Philly.....
And Eric Holder is fine with it!

Is that any scarier than the open carry guys with their rifles in various establishments?

I'd be more put off by cops standing outside a polling place than a private citizen, no matter their race.

Derek

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SovereignZuul

Read up on the doctrine of separate sovereigns as well as Supreme court rulings on the topic of the 2nd amendment.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Thank you for the news +Star. Wonder if the person would be arrested if the items were gift wrapped...

I know Baton is not as physically lethal as a knife, so why ban it? Are people afraid of someone inducing some rectal stress on them?

(post by sirhumperdink removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Heruactic

Whats more lethal -

Being stabbed in the head or having a solid blunt metal object being slammed against your head, with impact damage being spread out through all layers of skin bone and brain in a larger area than a knife could affect.

Both are equally deadly when used correctly / incorrectly.

Law Enforcement is prohibited from using their asp / baton to a persons head unless its a deadly force encounter.

edit on 5-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SovereignZuul
I have knives in my kitchen drawer longer than 4 inches
I use them to carve chickens turkeys and hams and such
so I guess in some states they would prefer that I just throw them into the trashcan when I move so that the neighborhood kids and find them and have fun???

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

A baton with a knife duck-taped to it is the most lethal of the two.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join