It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Stops Fellow Cop From Choking a Handcuffed Man, She Was Then Beaten and Fired

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The only thing that shocks me is that anyone is shocked by this having happened. Wake the F up folks. These are the bullies and mindless violent goons from your childhood and adolescence now grown up and sanctioned by the state to behave the way they always have. Very very few heros in the mix.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
a reply to: olaru12

I just can't take it anymore! What the hell is going on here? Did I slip through some effing bizzaro world wormhole or something? Seriously, WTF!

After thinking exactly what you have posted Cagliostro almost everyday for the last few years, I can't say I give a rat turd about how whacked out the world is getting. It is like we are now in some alternate bizzaro world and everyday seems to try and top the last unbelievable thing. If the sun rises in the west and the sky turns green one morning I won't even blink.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Another cherry picked story from way back in 2006.

Could find a story from 1901 of a cop saving a kitten from a tree, same relevance.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Because the date that it happened is a great excuse for what happened right? I mean heck, the Holocaust was decades ago, lets just forget that ever happened. It wasn't that bad.

No, regardless of when this happened it is still bloody relevant to me.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Another cherry picked story from way back in 2006.

Could find a story from 1901 of a cop saving a kitten from a tree, same relevance.

I think it's mildly relevant because the male officer is awaiting trial for civil rights violations in another arrest. Its not related to this female officer's issue, or the arrest at the center of her issue, except in a somewhat arbitrary way.

Of course, the fact that Feds indicted this male cop on civil rights violations was left out of the picture because it doesn't support the intended narrative of this thread.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Because the date that it happened is a great excuse for what happened right? I mean heck, the Holocaust was decades ago, lets just forget that ever happened. It wasn't that bad.

No, regardless of when this happened it is still bloody relevant to me.

NYPD cop gets stuck in tree trying to save cat

Link

There, all cops can now be painted with the kitten loving saving cats while risking own lives paintbrush.
edit on 20-12-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Way to go for that officer, I'm sure he made that cat's owner very happy.

Unfortunately this thread is not about that, nice try deflecting though.

What, exactly, is your point? Do you not see an issue here? Is the story related to us in the OP okay by your standards?

I think that, regardless of when this happened, this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. What happened here is wrong on so many levels and, I believe, pandemic within American law enforcement agencies. That is to say violence and corruption seem to be rampant and when a good cop stands up against brutality they are punished by those that do not wish to be exposed as abusers of civil rights and thereby risk any modicum of the control they seem to desperately need to exercise at any given moment.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Way to go for that officer, I'm sure he made that cat's owner very happy.

Unfortunately this thread is not about that, nice try deflecting though.

What, exactly, is your point? Do you not see an issue here? Is the story related to us in the OP okay by your standards?

I think that, regardless of when this happened, this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. What happened here is wrong on so many levels and, I believe, pandemic within American law enforcement agencies. That is to say violence and corruption seem to be rampant and when a good cop stands up against brutality they are punished by those that do not wish to be exposed as abusers of civil rights and thereby risk any modicum of the control they seem to desperately need to exercise at any given moment.

Sorry, cute kittens rule the internet, everyone knows that.

Your extreme extrapolations from an incident way back in 2006 are less relevant than the cat saving hero story.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'm a O' Riley fan, so when I see something like this I look to MSNBC.

They wouldn't let this pass, to blame it on republicans. I'm calling BS.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Excellent debating skills. I'm sorry I even tried.

At any rate, this incident is indicative of the overwhelming need for our country to change the way law enforcement agencies operate. There is no need to choke, punch or any feasible combination thereof, detained suspects. It is indeed doubly wrong to then fire officers that attempt to curtail such behavior when witnessed.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Excellent debating skills. I'm sorry I even tried.

At any rate, this incident is indicative of the overwhelming need for our country to change the way law enforcement agencies operate. There is no need to choke, punch or any feasible combination thereof, detained suspects. It is indeed doubly wrong to then fire officers that attempt to curtail such behavior when witnessed.

My only issue with anything you're saying is that the overwhelming percentage of information about this case is from a single source with a very clear bias. You, and others, are accepting that source at face value.

There's three sides to every story: your side, my side, and somewhere in the middle is the truth. Nearly everything I've found about this incident is from one side and one side only. If it went down the way Horne claims it did, then yes it's indicative of systemic issues. Personally I have a hard time believing it went down exactly the way she claims, for a number of reasons.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The story is still relevant...as far as I know her litigation is ongoing.....
The corruption of those in authority is everyones concern regardless.....
2006 is as relevant as 1776 is it not?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Her "litigation" is to get a pension, which is actually just the city council saying they'll look into it again. Not a reinstatement. Not a wrongful termination suit. Not a defamation of character suit. She wants a pension, which is understandable. But that's all that's currently going on with her.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
In the recent, there have been at least two stories posted to ATS about cops standing WITH protestors. These were precincts that weren't having any internal issues(that we know of), and weren't in the news. But these guys took a stand. It's things like that police departments that aren't having problems(that we know of) can do to separate themselves from departments that won't deal with internal corruption.

Law enforcement in this country has never had a problem getting messages out to the public when they want to. This is a message they should be shouting from the rooftops, if they want to fight a growing hatred of law enforcement in this country. Not all cops are bad eggs, but it only takes a growing number of them to make all cops and courts look bad.

I DO hear what you're saying. But sometimes the good guys have to say so.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
And what would those reasons be..Im willing to hear them. I doubt the story as presented is far off..sounds like an out of control goof is finaly facing repurcusions, obviously when people get away with stuff it empowers them that they have free reign.
If you have any differeing info I would like to hear it.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Can you point me to those threads? Or at least give me a hint what to look for?

I'm at work so I'll have to reply with more later.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

You answered your own question: there is no differing info. Because all the info is coming from one source. And that source is directly involved in the incident. But if you'd like to see any of the other information I was able to find, read the rest of my comments.

Maybe you're willing to base your entire opinion on something off one source. I'm not.
edit on 20-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Added

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
No Im open to other info if it comes up. My gut says its about how I painted it though to be honest. Should I asume the report of him choking a fellow officer in the stationhouse and the civil rights charges are bold faced lies?..pretty bold to lie about that kind of stuff whichever side of the media fence.

edit on 20-12-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

As I said early on, I think there's probably some merit to her version of events. But I don't think its 100% true, accurate, and without bias. Given the guy's history I think it's entirely plausible that something did happen. I just don't think what happened is exactly the same as what Horne says happened. Nor do I think Horne is the "white knight" (nothing at all racist suggested there, simply the easiest term) she's made out to be.

All of which I've already said.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Fair enough.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join