It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's Your Kecksburg Acorn - Close the File

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
From the Oberg statement:

In the 1970-2 period, I
personally read such classified reports of recoveries when I was a young lieutenant
serving at the AF Weapons Lab at Kirtland AFB, Albuquerque, New Mexico. One case I
distinctly remember involved fragments of the heat shield of an off-course spy satellite
that allowed analysts to assess the pressurized canister volume – that material was picked
up by a missionary in southern Africa and mailed to a military intelligence contact he
had.

Oh man. I had no idea. I would LOVE to read a good history book about MOONDUST.

That being said, I wonder if there was a retrieval operation in Canada. I wonder if the radar records are still around...

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

UFO Files did a full episode on Kecksburg which covers a number of theories as to what happened.

After reading Tim Printy's review of the case, (download link) he throws up a lot of doubt about the witness testimony. James Romanksy (a fireman at the time from a neighbouring town) cannot name anyone else present with him when he sighted the acorn shaped craft buried in a ravine or can place him at the scene.

Bill Bulebush, allegedly the first eye witness, also stated he originally saw about 10 people at the crash site. But, with no other folk coming forward to support him, has changed his story (a number of times).

Finally the reports of a military using a local farm as a control centre and using a flatbed truck to remove the strange object from the woods are doubted. Apparently the farm resident, John Hays, refuted anything went on at all back in 1965. Also the property landlords ,the Hillands, claimed to another researcher that there wasn't a telephone installed at the propery in 1965 so the military could not have used the farm telephone for communications purposes.

There is also some doubt that a military truck could have got anywhere near due to the unsuitable terrain. Not only that there were no reports of a heavy military presence in the news reports of the time. In fact many reports where simply that nothing was found (even a meteor).

The possibility of a crashed Cosmos-96 (Soviet satellite) is also doubted as it appeared to have come down around 8 hours earlier somewhere over Canada according to both US and Soviet sources.

Printy also shows how two contemporary reports may have been used to create the UFO story years later. Links below.

Greensburg Tribune Review Dec 10 th 1965 part 1

Greensburg Tribune Review Dec 10 th 1965 part 2

However these clippings omit the right hand side column which reports that nothing was actually found.

Printy basically concludes that it was probably a meteor and cites his sources comprehensively. You may want to doubt these conclusions and that's fine by me.

Personally I had long thought something had come down near Kecksburg due to programmes like Unsolved Mysteries and UFO files but now I am not so sure. Perhaps it was something top secret and remains well covered up to this day or maybe it's just another 'classic UFO case' to cross off the 'promising' list?

edit on 21/12/14 by mirageman because: typos

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Plausible. Not definitive, but certainly plausible

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

originally posted by: miragemanI think the jury is still out on this case. Something came down in Kecksburg but as to what it was remains unknown.
Perhaps this time next year we will know some more with it being the 50th anniversary. If it was a secret experimental US craft or even something Soviet then surely we should be told 50 years after the date?

Well, a lot of people still feel like the Roswell case is still open for debate too. A lot feel like whatever crashed, was a top secret military craft of some sort as well. You'll find a lot of people not buying the official stories of Roswell.

So Military craft or not, there is something amiss about the Kecksburg incident.

And yeah, I agree. I don't think this is "case closed" either and there is a lot more to it.

An interesting theory emerged about the Roswell incident a few weeks back with it being a Hoax by the USSR to try and trick the USA into thinking it was being invaded by Aliens ( trying to replicate the Orsen Wells hoax ) as a subversive way to destabilize it. The so called aliens were in fact deformed kids inserted into a saucer shaped craft dropped from high altitude by balloons, hence the story changing to weather balloons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join