It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sacred water sites, the supernatural tap-in.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Speaking of archetypes, Jung made a lot of the symbolism of water. As I understand it he saw it as a symbol of the dark psyche or the subconscious, the latter being described as "hiding in living water". It always flows down, though following the water downwards leads to higher knowledge. In Bardesanes' Gnostic hymn to the soul wisdom is also found at the bottom of the well, much like in the story of Mimsbrunnr. In both stories some attachment to the physical world is given up in the process.

Source: C. G. Jung: Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious, 2nd edition, p. 18

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ModerateManiac
One of the things convincing him of the "collective unconscious" was of course, the universal myths, using the same symbolism worldwide. He believed these symbols were universal to humans.

For this reason I became a dream interpreter, if you understand symbolism and archetypes you cant be wrong!

Water represents knowledge in my opinion because it is constantly changing shape to match the container... like the scientific process, as new ideas arise, knowledge has to evolve with it!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

I've been doing some research on Jungian dream interpretation, definitely something I would like to know more about. Know of any good essays on the matter? I skimmed through a bit of the alchemy stuff but I felt like he was writing for an audience more familiar with that set of symbols.

Never thought about water and knowledge changing shape to fit the container. If there's a sort of knowledge-before-it-takes-shape, is that what mysticism is all about? Plato talked about ideal states of things and that what we know is a reflection of this, right?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

Starred!

Maybe the true wellspring of spirit and divinity is within us and the outer world merely reflects that

Because if I said I had the power to make the water in a glass cup conscious, I'd be scoffed at!

Luckily I haven't done that and we can all drink to our good health and happy holidays! [makes water conscious by drinking it!
]

Water teaches me to reflect upon my own actions and learn to ebb and flow with life's eddies and currents and to not lose my center!

As Bruce Lee once said, "Be Like Water, My Friend!"

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: deadeyedick

i wonder if there are water guardians near bye

Lions gather at watering holes and wait for prey, why not?

Only one way to find out! Lol.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I keep crocs in my watering hole… are you thirsty?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo

also...to which I thought was absolutely a great movie.. powerful to the society we live in today.

Great video there.

Yep, other mythical creatures can also be attributed to water too. Some fearsome some awesome... depending how you are seeing or feeling said spirit.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Crocs are sacred too.

Nice vid by the way. Metaphorically speaking.
edit on 19-12-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well preserved...

Thursday, December 18, 2014, 10:44 AM - A Canadian-led team of researchers has discovered that Earth's crust holds a vast repository of ancient water, potentially billions of years old, that may be supporting a vast underground biosphere.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hehe

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IBlewMyLastFuse

Starred!

Maybe the true wellspring of spirit and divinity is within us and the outer world merely reflects that

I agree. I have made a cpl of threads on water before highlighting this. I'm just approaching the same subject from another angle or interpretation.

Because if I said I had the power to make the water in a glass cup conscious, I'd be scoffed at!

Luckily I haven't done that and we can all drink to our good health and happy holidays! [makes water conscious by drinking it!
]

Very good.

Water teaches me to reflect upon my own actions and learn to ebb and flow with life's eddies and currents and to not lose my center!

edit on 19-12-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wifibrains
Well preserved...

Thursday, December 18, 2014, 10:44 AM - A Canadian-led team of researchers has discovered that Earth's crust holds a vast repository of ancient water, potentially billions of years old, that may be supporting a vast underground biosphere.

Hehe

WOW~!~!!!!

Mind BLOWN ~!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: IBlewMyLastFuse

Starred!

I agree. I have made a cpl of threads on water before highlighting this. I'm just approaching the same subject from another angle or interpretation.

]

Very good.

thx you SO MUCH for this Video ~!!

Gosh, I'm so touched and inspired ...Bruce always challenges me at the darkest times of my life; KNOWING he had his back broken and was able to get back in the game .. !!!

THAT is BEING water...!!!

just wanted to add this ...

Water, the earth is covered in 2/3 (?) of it, why .. interesting question, why is that...?

Google search .. "pool of Bethesda" where the angel of the Lord would trouble the waters and the first one in would be healed...

Water has the 'ability' to sustain life .. and, now, even now, we seek to find the purest water to consume since it has become 'tainted'

edit on 20-12-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

Water has the 'ability' to sustain life .. and, now, even now, we seek to find the purest water to consume since it has become 'tainted'

You are a "waterway."

Waterway.
a river, canal, or other "body of water" serving as a route or "way of travel or transport"

Proverbs 5:15 - Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well.

In physiology, body water is the water content of the human body. A significant fraction of the human body is water.

Arthur Guyton 's Textbook of Medical Physiology states that "the total amount of water in a man of average weight (70 kilograms) is approximately 40 litres, averaging 57 percent of his total body weight. In a newborn infant, this may be as high as 75.

When a note is struck on a piano the same note on all pianos in the room will vibrate. I am wondering if water will resonate in the same way? The om chant in meditation as a example, creating a certain structure in the body water that can open portals?

In Christianity the term "water of Life" is used in the context of living water, specific references appearing in the Book of Revelation (21:6 and 22:1), as well as the Gospel of John. In these references, the term Water of Life refers to the Holy Spirit.

According to W. E. Vine, this theme of "Christ as the Life" relates to John 5:26 where Jesus states: "Just as the Father has life in himself, so also he gave to his Son the possession of life in himself", reflecting the assertion of Jesus to have the power to give life, based on his relationship to the Eternal Father.

edit on 20-12-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo

Well preserved...

Hehe

WOW~!~!!!!

Mind BLOWN ~!!!

Check this out!

A nymph (Greek: νύμφη, nymphē) in Greek mythology and in Latin mythology is a minor female nature deity typically associated with a particular location or landform. Different from goddesses, nymphs are generally regarded as divine spirits who animate nature, and are usually depicted as beautiful, young nubile maidens who love to dance and sing.

In Greek mythology, the Naiads (Ancient Greek: Ναϊάδες) were a type of water nymph (female spirit) who presided over fountains, wells, springs, streams, brooks and other bodies of fresh water.

They are distinct from river gods, who embodied rivers, and the very ancient spirits that inhabited the still waters of marshes, ponds and lagoon-lakes.

Naiads were associated with fresh water, as the Oceanids were with saltwater and the Nereids specifically with the Mediterranean.

However...

the Greeks thought of the world's waters as all one system, which percolated in from the sea in deep cavernous spaces within the earth.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
These guys are wet wet wet. Maybe they know something?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Different from goddesses, nymphs are generally regarded as divine spirits who animate nature

I recon John Paul Young has been there.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ModerateManiac
Philosophically (literally) speaking, you cant know something until it happens. Even if it happens the way you thought/saw/predicted, you still cant 'know' until it occurs.

I simply mean water changes shape to fit the container, as 'knowledge' changes shape to fit the environment. It's flexible to incorporate new ideas.

Of course that's only my interpretation, and symbolism by definition depends on the perceiver. It's deliberately vague.

Im pretty sure his main essay was just called "On Dreaming" or something.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Water elementals. It's really as simple as that. I've had the fortune and misfortune of dealing with them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join