It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bitcoin powered board

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
hi yall,

i would like to open a discussion with staff and members about allowing bitcoin as a payment option,
and not just for helping the site in the short term.

i think bitcoin could be used to "tip" good content, and also be used for thanking people for linking good material or writing good threads.

i am of the opinion that ATS has good content and good members, we could use a tip bot to reward good contributions,
and you could sell mugs and shirts ect for bitcoins aswell as otther payment methods.

in this manner, by rewarding good content some percentage could be directed to the ATS for providing the platform, giving an income and eventually displacing advertising revenue.

in this way flags and stars would signal the same things but tips would be used to "comission" threads or works for the brouder comunity or to show gratitude to the hard work of both staff and member alike.

these are my thoughts after reading the troubles you are having with advertisers,

ads will eventually make up a small portion of revenue, get ahead of the rest.
ads can be pulled without notice, donations can continue as long as there is an internet.
ads want info on users, change tip is sudo-annonomouse.

i can finally tip slayer and heff more than a few flags and stars

my 2 bits

xploder

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
dude thats genius advertising right there.

damn someone better jump on that ASAP

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
You might want to see where bitcoin goes in th near future first....

Bitcoin market

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

You stole the words right out of my mouth.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

thats nothing its going to continue to go up and down massively exactly like anyother world currency goes up and down.

the great thing about it is you can automatically adjust your price in value accordingly

edit on 12/17/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

thats nothing its going to continue to go up and down massively exactly like anyother world currency goes up and down.

the great thing about it is you can automatically adjust your price in value accordingly

indeed if the tip bot worked for either bits OR cents then you could send a "fixed in dollar amount" tip,
or a "variable" bit amount

xploder

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
You might want to see where bitcoin goes in th near future first....

Bitcoin market

by using a processor like bitpay or similar the fluctuation is taken out from the equation from the ATS sites point of view.

as you purchace a mug
bitcoin to ATS/bitpay the EXACT amount is banked over night,
no volitility risk for ATS.

xploder

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I would agree with this idea but there is something wrong with the code for Stars flags and karma..

Like my profile to the left there.. Its not accurate.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

You stole the words right out of my mouth.

have you ever read a thread and though i would love to tip them something for there efforts?

lets look at the idea before we start talking market forces,

PS microsoft is now accepting bitcoin,

xploder

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

You're rich!!! Congats!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I did mention not accurate no?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded
I would agree with this idea but there is something wrong with the code for Stars flags and karma..

Like my profile to the left there.. Its not accurate.

the bitcoin ledger is the most acurite database ever designed (IMHO)
change tip or similar is a third party site,
bitcoin transactions are completly auditable,

we could have a custom "you have been tipped an ATS mug" $10.00
or "some one sent you a tin foil hat" 10c

ect

xploder

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

What the heck??!

Cool! Congrats mate!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I am disabled and on a fixed income. Regardless of the thread, any assertion I make is immediately met with requests (read disdainful demands to "Back It Up") with a link. Even though Wikipedia is snickered at by some, you currently get hit up for a contribution regardless of whether you've already contributed one, two or more times...

I enjoy the way that ATS has a touch of the unexpected regardless of topic. Some guy or girl that you have no way of forming a connection with regarding their posts is just as likely to pop up as someone that is well known and has a solid background in the subject of the thread.

My wife and I are getting near the point of survivors I've read about. At some point, regardless of how dear, choices need to be made and to stay afloat there are items that must be cut loose...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: XPLodER

I wasn't talking about the Bitcon code I was talking about ATS's Code on how Stars flags and karma is shown..

Again.. I said my stats to the left are not legit.. I have so much because there is something wrong with the code where people join from a part of 03 and 04 they have obscene amounts of points..

Yes trolls I am still poor.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CornShucker

you sound like a survivour, may the universe bless you with love the most valuable comodity youll find.

do you like the idea to TIP other members
?

xploder

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: XPLodER

you sound like a survivour, may the universe bless you with love the most valuable comodity youll find.

do you like the idea to TIP other members
?

xploder

I plead guilty of being ignorant of that specific acronym... You kind kind wishes are gladly accepted and returned.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded

I wasn't talking about the Bitcon code I was talking about ATS's Code on how Stars flags and karma is shown..

Again.. I said my stats to the left are not legit.. I have so much because there is something wrong with the code where people join from a part of 03 and 04 they have obscene amounts of points..

Yes trolls I am still poor.

well a simple piece of code could be used to "retrieve" your personal balence from the blockchain,
and no running tally would be required from ATS servers.

any unclaimed tips would return to users after a max time,

in fact the only code required could be run from an external source,

i think change tip or similar would be able to do all the heavy lifting
while making a simple tip look like,

ATS/tip 1 tin foil hat

all the bitcoin is secured by the blockchain, and no person has ever hacked the blockchain.

xploder

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

good wishes are a TIP as well lol

thank you kind sir or maam

a tip is when you like the food or service of another and leave a small "present" for them as a way of thanking them

xploder

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I'm in agreement with CornShucker, as someone who can barely keep a roof over my head because of illnesses, I wouldn't want to part with any of my money either.

No I don't like the idea of of tipping members. That changes the whole aspect of ATS & it's already massively changing with them asking for cash donations to stay afloat.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join