It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five killed in Pennsylvania shootings, suspect in standoff with SWAT

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

A gunman suspected of killing at least five people at three separate locations in Pennsylvania's Montgomery County has barricaded himself inside a home in Souderton. A SWAT team is on the scene.

The first shooting was reported at 3:55 a.m. Monday in Lower Salford Township, about 45 minutes northwest of Philadelphia. Police found a woman shot to death at the location, WPVI reported. Forensics investigators from Montgomery County could be seen investigating a unit there, and two bullet holes were visible, according to WCAU.

A gunman suspected of killing at least five people at three separate locations in Pennsylvania's Montgomery County has barricaded himself inside a home in Souderton. A SWAT team is on the scene.

The first shooting was reported at 3:55 a.m. Monday in Lower Salford Township, about 45 minutes northwest of Philadelphia. Police found a woman shot to death at the location, WPVI reported. Forensics investigators from Montgomery County could be seen investigating a unit there, and two bullet holes were visible, according to WCAU.

Five killed in Pennsylvania shootings, suspect in standoff with SWAT

Not a whole lot more information than what is at the RT link, at this moment.

Man, what is going on in Pennsylvania? Seems this is occurring quite frequently lately.

Will post more as I find more information....searched and didn't find it posted here yet and that's about all I've got at the moment...

edit on Mon Dec 15 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

What in God's name is going on??? There has been a shooting somewhere everyday for at least a week! it as if people are either trying to draw the cops out to claim some type of police brutality or the state of our country has pushed people over the edge...Personally, before everyone decides this is about Gun Control, think about it.....If a person is that determined to go on a rampage, they will find a gun or any other weapon!

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Pax

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

PA has had it's spate of shootings hasn't it? What is it with that State? Lack of unemployment? Something in the water?

"The city of brotherly love" (Philly) is anything but.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
We have daytime home invasions in our once quiet corner every few weeks. No one has been killed. Yet. PA is strange. You have to live here for a while before it really kicks in.

Underemployment is worse than the unemployment. LOTS of heroin. Walking on these country back roads you find syringes everywhere. Had some group counseling, everyone there was from drug court except me, I was just depressed.
edit on 15-12-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

I think a variety of things is pushing some over their edge. It seems a daily occurrence though, that is for sure.

At this time, all I can seem to find is the RT article and articles linking RT as their source. CNN and other mainstream outlets haven't picked up on it yet (though, they may have by the time I finish this post)...

I hope others will post updates as well, as I have to go out and get to work pretty soon.
Sooo much to keep track and take note of these days....sometimes, it makes my head spin.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This guy is covering some ground in his spree. I wonder if they are ex's and in-laws that he is shooting?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
This guy is covering some ground in his spree. I wonder if they are ex's and in-laws that he is shooting?

I was wondering the same thing. He covered a lot of ground that we know of so far. Perhaps there are more stops he made that we don't know about.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

I was wondering the same thing. He covered a lot of ground that we know of so far. Perhaps there are more stops he made that we don't know about.

Good point.
If there were any stops that were a little more say, out of the way, he may have done some shooting that wasn't heard by neighbors.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is getting NO media coverage...
Everyone is tuned into Sydney.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChefSlug
This is getting NO media coverage...
Everyone is tuned into Sydney.

The Philly stations are covering it. RT has been doing a better job than about every other "news" outlet. The police have made a no fly zone and are keeping the media at a safe distance.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Thanks, i didn't think to turn on the TV.
edit on 15122014 by ChefSlug because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Happened 2 streets away from where I live. I hear the guy killed 2 people in an armed robbery. He'll get what he deserves.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
One of the shootings, in Lansdale, happened about 2 blocks from where I work, so pretty close to home.

Apparently the shooter shot his girlfriend, then left the scene with children (ASSuming his). Apparently the children have since been found safe.
edit on 15-12-2014 by oldetimehockey4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You wondered right.

Police identified the suspect as 35-year-old Bradley William Stone of Pennsburg, Pennsylvania. All of the victims are related to Stone.

source

UPDATE: 6 Dead In Montgomery County Shooting Spree; Suspect Identified

link

edit on 15-12-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet
Thanks for the link.
Is it just me.... or does that dude have 'crazy eyes'?
Just like so many of the people that pull off mass shootings.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Thanks for the link.

A vet with PTSD? In the heat of a custody battle?
My custody battle GAVE me PTSD so I shudder to think what his life was like. Still, I never thought to shoot my ex in front of my kids.
The guy is still on the loose and six are dead so far, who knows about the teenager the swat team busted in on. You'd think there would be more media hype.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

Thanks for the link.

A vet with PTSD? In the heat of a custody battle?
My custody battle GAVE me PTSD so I shudder to think what his life was like. Still, I never thought to shoot my ex in front of my kids.
The guy is still on the loose and six are dead so far, who knows about the teenager the swat team busted in on. You'd think there would be more media hype.

I hate to add this, but in addition to what you have noted (all good points!), he may have been relying on the VA for treatment. My nephew tried to obtain treatment at the local VA hospital in Lebanon and they sent him a letter two years later telling him they had an appointment available.... TWO YEARS!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
He wasn't even in the home where they thought he was barricaded. Just another person shot in the head and life flighted to the emergency room. He's still out there.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This is absolutely awful...hes just going house to house systematically killing people?!! Thank goodness the children are safely away from him, the poor kids...

PTSD, custody battle and the holidays is a bad combination. Hopefully this ends soon with no more fatalities.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

What in God's name is going on??? ...If a person is that determined to go on a rampage, they will find a gun or any other weapon!

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Pax

Well, more and more of the people around you are taking dangerous drugs which seriously disturb the brain's natural functions. Most people eat chemicals instead of food. Our public water supply is likely full of hormones and drugs which may not be filtered out at the treatment facilities. Many of the world's governments are taking away more rights and freedoms from their citizenry at an alarming pace. Every family I know of is dealing with cancer in some way. Our society is literally insane, frankly we are lucky there aren't more of these types of events. Some people on these intense meds (primarily SSRIs) literally cannot tell the difference between our shared reality and their drug induced hallucinations.
edit on 15-12-2014 by centhwevir1979 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join