It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five killed in Pennsylvania shootings, suspect in standoff with SWAT

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChefSlug
This is getting NO media coverage...
Everyone is tuned into Sydney.

It's yet-another-disgruntled-family shooting by a white guy vs. rarer, hostage taking/terrorism by middle eastern guy.

Most people who are murdered are killed by people they know - and way too often it's family/partner/ex. Media doesn't cover that too much. You'd think it was the other way around by the way mainstream media reports.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Ffffalse...fffflag!!1

Hey, somebody had to be the first to say it.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Apparently he murdered his ex, in front of their two daughter's they were battling over. She just got engaged to another man, while he just remarried and had a young son with his new wife. Wife's FB, (A news link posted the photo, I refuse to) has a picture of the daughter's and young son sitting with Santa. He murdered ex-MIL, and ex-grandmother-in-law, as well as ex-SIL, her husband, and their 14 year old daughter. It was their teen son that was life flighted out of the area to the hospital with a gunshot wound to the head. CNN is reporting he is 17, and in serious condition. He is the only survivor of this horror, thus far.

He is still on the run. Supposedly he tried to car jack an elderly man with a walker who was walking his dog for his car keys, but the gentlemen pulled out a gun and began firing, causing him to take off running. He has ditched his car and cell phone so they cannot track him using these methods. A buddy that was with him over in the Middle East is pissed that he has resorted to this instead of asking him for help.

According to CNN a lot of people in the area are VERY frustrated as they JUST got done getting some of their freedoms back and feeling safe once again from Eric Frien, and now they have to deal with this idiot. (I live about 4-5 hours away, about a half hour away from Pittsburgh)

Pennsylvan ia Gunman

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
A body has been found in Pennsburg, PA. (His last known location, according to CNN TV.) Not known if it is The shooter, or another victim. CNN speculating is the shooter and waiting police confirmation.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: Jakal26

PA has had it's spate of shootings hasn't it? What is it with that State? Lack of unemployment? Something in the water?

"The city of brotherly love" (Philly) is anything but.

Well it is an open carry state so there's that. It's also a generally depressed state in my estimation. It was once renowned for coal. Coal has since gone by way of the dodo around here.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
A body has been found in Pennsburg, PA. (His last known location, according to CNN TV.) Not known if it is The shooter, or another victim. CNN speculating is the shooter and waiting police confirmation.

DA is supposed to Brief to confirm dead body IS suspect found in Pennsburg. The 17 year old is in Stable, but serious condition, and expected to recover.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: TDawgRex

PA has had it's spate of shootings hasn't it? What is it with that State? Lack of unemployment? Something in the water?

"The city of brotherly love" (Philly) is anything but.

Well it is an open carry state so there's that. It's also a generally depressed state in my estimation. It was once renowned for coal. Coal has since gone by way of the dodo around here.

I had no idea PA was an Open/Carry state! Makes me want to get a gun even more! I live about half hour away from Pittsburgh and I'm a really good shot. My only worry is my daughter, but I'd get a trigger lock to ensure her safety.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Another reason I'm glad the shooter has saved the family a trial. It would seem the 17 yr old boy was trying to save his sister from being stabbed to death, and not only was stabbed severely, but lost 3 fingers in the process. Stinking bastard!

Lost 3 figers

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Something in the water maybe? Isn't there a lot of fracking going on in PA?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
So at least they didn't waste thousands of officers time and energy as did with Eric Frein

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The morning it was going down I saw a helicopter flying overhead and then later saw a helicopter hovering over a nearby grade school which was odd, to say the least. I'm fairly nearby to where some of this went down, but not that close. I had to do a double take on the guy because he resembled an ex co worker and there were some coincidences. Same first name, also a vet, same general age, same hair, same physical disability with his legs. I'm still not sure if it was him or not, and I've been off for two days and will have to ask around at work.
The shooter had serious drinking issues and DUI offenses which he did or was supposed to be sentenced for. He was obviously enraged at his ex wife, enough to go after her and her family like that. He didn't kill his own kids but he hurt them about as bad as he possibly could otherwise, taking away their family like that.
What is it with Pa? I don't see Pa as having any more of a problem than other places. NY, NJ, Florida, California, Texas, Mass., Missouri, Ohio, many states have shown a high level of crazy and thuggishness. The country is going downhill, fast. Economically, culturally, socially. Its all tied in together.
The state cop shooter is somewhat different. There was some kind of tie in with those he targeted and some odd questions about how he was able to avoid detection that long as well as why he allowed himself to be captured. For a guy who supposedly hated the police as much as he did, he put himself in a position to be at their mercy when he surrendered.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Thanks for keeping the thread updated, everyone. I got busy and didn't have time to keep up with my own thread, but I suppose that happens and that is why ATS is awesome....post it, sit back, watch the information pour in....like no where else on the net.

So, apparently the guy is dead. Went balls to the wall, apparently.
Killing ones' self with a "sword" (probably a large knife...dailymail is all about those sensational titles).....definitely wasn't in his right mind, at the time of the killings and his own suicide...

.....just a sad story all around. Damn

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: brokensnipe
So at least they didn't waste thousands of officers time and energy as did with Eric Frein

Even if he hadn't killed himself and was on the loose for weeks, we would not have seen a manhunt like the one that they had for Frehn.

Pretty simple answer as to why....

This guy didn't kill a cop.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Sad thing was his ex had told plenty of people he was going to kill her. No word on if she had a restraining order, but as someone who had one before, I can tell you, they really are not worth the paper they are written on. I was being followed, verbally, and physically threatened by my MIL soon after I married. She was so pissed we eloped and no on was invited, including her, she began and all out assault on me. Now mind you, my father wasn't invited, but he didn't harass my ex, but he was a grown up. Some people are grown ups, some people still need to grow up.

Anyhoo, I had to go to Family Court and get a restraining order taken out on her because she threaten to paralyze me if she saw me on the street. Something I couldn't risk. I also filed criminal harassment charges against her because I had enough. I cannot tell you how many times I had to call the cops once I had the restraining order. I think once you have it, it becomes a game with them. Let's see how far I can push you, AND the cops before I get arrested. Usually, they can do just what this guy did, push all the way to murder. The real restraining order, sadly, if you feel your life is in imminent danger? A gun! Get your own damn protection because by the time you call the cops, you are dead! I didn't need it in my case because I knew it was game to my MIL, and I showed her just how far I was willing to go. She now has a criminal record because of her "game". And a great fun was had by all, right?

In this case, he threatened to kill her, according to her, numerous times. I guess she was right.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

What in God's name is going on??? There has been a shooting somewhere everyday for at least a week! it as if people are either trying to draw the cops out to claim some type of police brutality or the state of our country has pushed people over the edge...Personally, before everyone decides this is about Gun Control, think about it.....If a person is that determined to go on a rampage, they will find a gun or any other weapon!

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Pax

Woke up yesterday morning to yet another shooting,
here locally, but, yea what the hell is going on.

Rebel 5

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join