It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA says Killing and bombing ok. Water boarding a war crime?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
What kind of sick demented people run this world? Seriously? It's ok to drop a mortar on 40 guys killing half, removing another quarter 9f them extremities, with the last quarter living their life with PTSD. But oh hell no don't you dare torture people who took down our world trade centers and killed thousands of Americans both civilian and military. I cannot think of bad enough words to use for the people who think this way. Your sick and demented. Your as bad as the terrorist.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

So if I don't condone torture I'm as good as a terrorist? Is that what you're saying?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Seriously??
Have fun with that hate

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

If you think killing and maiming is ok but torture is worse then yep.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Those are the freaking rules of engagement.

get your ass out there and fight like a man should.

Guys like you hate rough sports

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yes it a completely hypocritical position. Demented.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

And the us doesn't drop bombs?

And it's about telling the people of america that it was not happening over and over again.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I thought Saudis took the towers down?
With box cutters and a highly qualified Pilots knowledge of the direction they needed to go to find the towers & pentagon defying the most advanced Air Force in the world & NORAD who Cheney told to stand down in spite of the money he made from halliburtons liberation of Iraq...

You're sick & demented for believing a word of the bullsh*t he fed you, then & now.

What kind of sick demented people run this world?

Ironically... The people you are parroting the narrative from.

Good day.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
What kind of sick demented people run this world? Seriously? It's ok to drop a mortar on 40 guys killing half, removing another quarter 9f them extremities, with the last quarter living their life with PTSD. But oh hell no don't you dare torture people who took down our world trade centers and killed thousands of Americans both civilian and military. I cannot think of bad enough words to use for the people who think this way. Your sick and demented. Your as bad as the terrorist.

I won't get into the politics and conspiracy theories of the attack that happened 13 years ago (man, has it been that long?).
Rather, just give some perspective.

When in the theater of war, all bets are off. you do whatever you do to get the job done.
Now
Once you capture a combatant and effectively remove them from combat, you are no longer protecting yourself from a threat. you must then follow internationally agreed upon terms (see Geneva Convention for a start).
Not to mention, people will say -anything- to make torture stop..almost always being bad intel. it is bad info, bad way to get it, ineffective, and ultimately only serves to anger more people into plotting attacks.

So yes, there is a difference...your morality of wanting to torture people who you feel somehow wronged you by association is not how civilized countries are run, and there is a reason why civilized countries are the ones on top, while barbaric countries are at the receiving end of bombs.
consider what you ask for.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

If you think killing and maiming is ok but torture is worse then yep.

And what makes you think that I'm ok with killing and maiming?

And I'm sure for the individual torture could be worse than death.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Yes the Taliban get water-boarded for defending their country against American aggression, and the Saudi's get their "Rings Kissed".

How many Saudi's were water-boarded?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
and after you kill all the terrorist and the war is over what have you gained if you are doing the same things that your enemy was doing? did you really win the war if you are now a reflection of the very people that you have wiped out?
you may have won the war but at what cost?
At the cost of your humanity and the ideals that you started fighting to preserve and protect.

“Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

edit on 13-12-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
In the USA they say spying,killing,bombing, droning,water boarding/torture is a crime.

But abortion is AOK!

My fellow American's have some EPIC cognitive dissonance.
edit on 13-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
When I heard that Americans were waterboarding in Iraq I honestly thought that it was some kind of extreme water sport and sounded kinda fun. I imagined that it was like a toboggan towed behind a boat of some kind and that servicemen were doing it for recreation. I thought "good on you guys maybe it will take off here." Oh well.
Just goes to show that the media only explains what it wants to or that I am a bit naive. Maybe they could tow that toboggan behind a submarine.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well duh? We're all about the military-industrial-complex making huge profits! Who makes a profit from water boarding, Home Depot?

new topics

top topics

join