It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Who: It’s Time For a Black, Asian, or Woman Doctor!......

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I don't care what they do.

They should have left him dead and buried.

The modern touchy-feely version is crap; they haven't made a decent episode since the 80s, and most of them were crap.

The last decent Dr Who story was Attack of The Cybermen (Colin Baker, 1985).

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

His eleventh incarnation stated clearly that he could become "anything". (TV: Death of the Doctor) The Corsair was a Time Lord/Time Lady whom the Doctor had known in both sexes. (TV: The Doctor's Wife) The Master regenerated into a Time Lady after the Time War as well. (TV: Dark Water) Time Lords could also change their skin colour, as mentioned by the Doctor, (TV: Death of the Doctor) and seen in other instances. (TV: Let's Kill Hitler, PROSE: Engines of War)

tardis.wikia.com...

Anything is possible

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

No, that would be an individual issue with the website. The societal factor would be someone who doesn't even watch the show spreading their BS article and a bunch of folk who sadly include me then discussing this non story because they have cravenly missed their ATS this last day or so.

And with that, i'm pulling out and leaving my money on the side

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

I agree-It is stupid.

However the casting agents have always picked the right men for the job-and the right men happen to be white. Nobody is against the idea of a black doctor, but one does not simply create a black doctor.

The role of the doctor should go to the actor best fitted for the role-skin color should not be an issue.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Political correctness gone mad I tell you. A black storm trooper and a black Dr who. Arrrrrr whatever next. Jesus being black? Neveeeeeerrrrrr

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm calling bs !
What about we just get it all in !
Maybe the next doctor who should be !
1. Pakistani
2. A women
3. Gay
4. Handicapped
5. Ginger hair

It's getting stupid now what about a black Father Christmas with one leg ffs !

Or have a remake of Mandela the movie with a Scottish White person with ginger hair
edit on 13-12-2014 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Oh please more racists trying to push their view of the world on us. If the doctor is white I'm sure they'll push to make all the aliens and humans from the future non-white. You know, for diversity. The same diversity that brought us racism against the white man, white guilt, white shame.

Congrats Peter, now people see you as a tolerant, accepting individual instead of the crusty old white man you are.

As a white person it's getting so hard to look in the mirror. All this guilt over what my ancestors supposedly did.....

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Then don't feel guilty. It's your choice, no ones forcing you? Who's forcing you to feel guilt or shame? No one , your just making it up because you want to say your the victimised one. It's so pathetic. You should be ashamed of yourself for being a spine less human, nothing else a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

edit on 13-12-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Oh kind of how many blacks cry racism while accepting benefits, scholarships, ruining their own neighborhoods?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Oh kind of how many blacks cry racism while accepting benefits, scholarships, ruining their own neighborhoods?
Wtf has that got to do with anything. Do whites not get benefits or scholarships.Why you feeling guilty? Why you feeling shame? If you've done nothing wrong? get on with your life and stop whining about what other folks get. What the hells this got to do with the thread in question, nothing apart from the fact you want to feel like a victim? Why, because black folks get free stuff? Take a charge of your own life, you bitter little man

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Yeah I know what you mean. They should keep the doctor white so I don't feel any guilt

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Oh please more racists trying to push their view of the world on us. If the doctor is white I'm sure they'll push to make all the aliens and humans from the future non-white. You know, for diversity. The same diversity that brought us racism against the white man, white guilt, white shame.

Congrats Peter, now people see you as a tolerant, accepting individual instead of the crusty old white man you are.

As a white person it's getting so hard to look in the mirror. All this guilt over what my ancestors supposedly did.....

It's quite possible to be white, crusty, old, tolerant and accepting all at the same time; regardless of your own hissy fits about your privileged life.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Yeah I know what you mean. They should keep the doctor white so I don't feel any guilt

I don't know why in the hell you'd feel guilt in the first place. No one is making you feel guilty except you. Have a word with yourself

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Sure I'm a privileged white person. I paid for my own college, stayed out of trouble and accepted responsibility for my own actions without pulling the race card and screaming "intolerant!" every chance I get.

This white person pays their own bills.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Sure I'm a privileged white person. I paid for my own college, stayed out of trouble and accepted responsibility for my own actions without pulling the race card and screaming "intolerant!" every chance I get.

This white person pays their own bills.

That's odd, as you have stated before that you are independently wealthy (and "unemployed" elsewhere, lol) and living with parents.

So daddy paid for college and you hate on poorer people, lumping all black people together in the same crowd such as how "they"

cry racism while accepting benefits, scholarships, ruining their own neighborhoods

Because they all do all of these things.

I suspect that your only guilt is looking at folk who work a whole lot harder than you.
edit on 13-12-2014 by skalla because: missed an "all"

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Actually I paid for my college and yes I am unemployed (no shame in that). So do you have anything to offer besides your prejudice?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Just challenging yours

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

So, you stated completely wrong facts about me without knowing the truth and you've been proven wrong. Yes, this white person paid for college by himself, made his own money, supports his own family and is independently wealthy. However, yes, I do live with daddy because I love my family (and he's dying, please come back at that) and my small community.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Do u know what pisses me off ?
The great pie our grandparents and great grandparents made !
Now people who just turn up here think they deserve a slice for jack #e !
My country is shafted !

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

What country? Immigration is a grey area. Because immigrants helped build the modern world no doubt, but nowadays the constant influx of foreigners into countries with poor economies just hurt native workers.

For example, the US was a growing country in the past so we needed immigrants to help develop it. Now, we're decaying and we still have that influx of workers. But, the economy can't support all these hungry people.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join