It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Of The Atacama Giant

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The huge area with the rectangular fields appears to have had miles of contiguous water cisterns dug into the ?bedrock of the stream beds adjacent to the fields.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune
Thank you! Good Luck to you, as well.
Spanish language sources... If it was Pigue Latin, I might get by. Spanish is too high brow for me.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Tusks
Are you referring to these demonstrations?

This is zoomed-out, to give a little better/more context. The pinkish dashed lines are simply a quick attempt to highlight more of the miles-of-cisterns in the same vicinity as the first image (above).

Thanks for the contribution & interest!

ETA: There are quite a few kinds of features reminiscent of some kind of social structure, as well.

edit on 12/13/2014 by WanDash because: forgot

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Ah a creationists wet dream. Oldest driest desert in the world had a flood.....

We believers in God do not need anything from man to tell us the real history, the one God had tried to tell all of us. Unfortunately some very evil men left books out of the bible that would have not made it so confusing for everyone to read or believe. We just pray proof like this will lead others to God and let them find their own hope in him.

If I had a few Doctors in the ancient languages to sit down with me I could write the exact story of Genesis and then make a movie about it, that would convince 90 percent of the population without a shadow of a doubt that it was true and factual, then again we all know the powers that be would never let that happen.
They have too much invested in the lies they portray in the current flicks. They are trying to make it seem more fantasy ever day so they can bring on their alien invasion BS to control you and weaponize space in some wet dream they have that they will be able to stop god from making it back to earth.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I wonder about the “Giant” aspect of “Atacama Giant”.
Is the “Giant” – the rock/mountain…or the picture on it?

I was wondering ‘where’ the notion of “Giant” came from… I’m sure others will be more successful, than I, in finding reference to the derivation of the “name”…but, until then, I’ll just have to live with a big question mark.
Though, in looking for answers to this question, I found that Britainexplorer.com claims that the ‘Giant is 86 meters in length – being the largest human-like ancient geoglyph in the world.
Also stating that the ‘Giant is believed to be a representation of a pre-Incan shaman and said to be holding a medicine bag and arrow (quill).
…Likewise claiming that experts have estimated that it dates from between 800 and 1400 AD with the most likely date being c. 900 AD.
And, as to method of construction – it is purported to have been constructed through removal of surface soil (to reveal lighter substrate)...with some stone edging.

In the quest for the same answer, I found that Ancient-Origins.net suggests that (1) it (The Atacama Giant) was an astronomical calendar that indicated the movement of the moon, and (2) represents a deity worshipped by the local population, while even others suggest extra-terrestrial visitations, pilgrimage route or...an ancient type of language.

If you consider the surrounding "Southern Atacama" matrix extending some 6+ miles south of the 'Giant, and along its western & northwestern sides...and what size population such a complex of agrarian &/or livestock facilities might reasonably support/sustain - one might ask "where" did this massive civilization go?

Where were the cities served by this enterprise?

If it was part subsistence and part trade, what were they growing, cultivating or producing in such quantities…and – for how long had they been growing, cultivating &/or producing such commodities, and trading them with other ‘nations’, before it became apparent that such a complex would better suit the Atacama Giant Nation…and said nation agreed…(?))
If this was strictly ‘agrarian’ – the civil engineering was phenomenal, for a culture with no ability to see from High above.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

Very nice Wandash my gawd can south america
get any more packed with ancient unknown civilizations?
The whole of the continent seems ready to burst open
with countless civilizations that the number alone declares
them of a different world. One can only fit so many unknowns
into our world. I would surmise at some point. But then I get to
excited quite often.

SnF Wan

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash
a reply to: weirdguy
Yes - at times they do look like rice fields.
As to their age - that is not a known quantity - or, published quantity, at this time.
The article I referenced - The Atacama Complex: tried some educated guesses that were worth consideration - imo.

In fact, though, I have put a good bit of thought into their age, but have no answer/s ......yet.

OOPs - ETA: A look into the history of the Atacama Desert region of northern Chile reveals a common belief that the Atacameras (&/or Atacamenos) were the first to settle the area.

They were, purportedly, migrant “hunter–gatherers” that eventually began to settle and congregate in the general region some 600-800 (or more or less) years BC.

Could/Would they have been capable of something like this?
The Atacama Complex: gives a better guess, than 'hunter-gatherers to agrarian master mason civilization builders & disappearers' - again, imo

I would be interested in seeing soil analysis done on the grid structures not just the areas between but on the raised areas as well. A detailed study of the topography could also shed light on tthe raised area's designin. The grid sizes vary seemingly with the topography. That would need to be confirmed though surveying the sites. In one of the pictures I noted raised bits appearing to be curved in contour with the land.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
Very nice Wandash my gawd can south america
get any more packed with ancient unknown civilizations?
The whole of the continent seems ready to burst open
with countless civilizations that the number alone declares
them of a different world. One can only fit so many unknowns
into our world. I would surmise at some point. But then I get to
excited quite often.

You're onto something.
Pretty soon, there will be no more open time-slots for the up-and-coming discoveries of previously unknown (&/or unaccounted-for) civilizations to be plugged in-to...and - what will they/we do, then?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jarocal
...I would be interested in seeing soil analysis done on the grid structures not just the areas between but on the raised areas as well. A detailed study of the topography could also shed light on tthe raised area's designin. The grid sizes vary seemingly with the topography. That would need to be confirmed though surveying the sites. In one of the pictures I noted raised bits appearing to be curved in contour with the land.

There are areas of the complex that appear "ornamental" in design - areas that look "functional" (in an engineering sense), and others that appear quasi-nonsensical.
I have noticed the same as you - flowing with the topography.
The quanats and irrigation systems throughout the 'complex', and in the surrounding lands (to include the mountains) suggest that the complex was not sitting in a lake.

I have read of one 'visit' to the site, where those investigating were not terribly savvy with regards to non-disturbance -- driving vehicles up to a particular area of interest... Marring the landscape... Handling shards of pottery (found on the surface).

When one says that much of the complex is covered under the silt of an ancient (how old is Ancient?) flood event...what kind/size of flood would that have been? (admitting that I don't know how much weight to give the claim)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Some more information:

The site Topain contains the remains of more than 100 habitation structures that seem to have included underground storage and burials. But what's truly fascinating about the site is how its residents managed their scarce water supplies through complex agro-hydraulic systems. These systems of stone canals, dams, aqueducts, and rumimoqos (holding ponds), which are impeccably preserved, carried water from sources several miles away and were necessary for the highly complex society and agriculture. Another site nearby, Paniri, is thought to have the same kind of agro-hydraulic system—possibly even larger—though it has not yet been studied. Salazar says this work will start soon in collaboration with the local Aquina people, who consider the sites sacred. The town was settled between A.D. 1000 and 1200 and inhabited until the Inca conquest in the sixteenth century. Though it was ignored for decades, archaeological excavations are now showing how special the site is

Diego Salazar of the University of Chile

This guy is an archaeologist who works in the Atacama sites, you might want to contact him and ask

He will know the names of the Peruvian archaeologists who are knowledgeable about that piece of the desert.

[email protected]

Another possibility are the many 19th century nitrate mines

Salt petre mines
edit on 15/12/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Outstanding!
Do appreciate it...
Yes - mining was my first suspect (before agriculture)...and, it remains a significant suspect, still.
I have even tried to rule-out all the "abandoned" prison towns, as well. Think I succeeded, but a lot of water has passed since, and I don't recall if the list was exhausted or if I decided 'good enough for government work'... So...

Will look into your sources.
Thanks

ETA: While the Edit Window is still open...will just offer a bit more.
Paniri
If they are referring to the area around the volcano near the Bolivian border, I have a good bit of interest just northeast of the volcano...
Wonder if it's the same.
Oddly - the demonstrations I see in the surface of this area, are more similar to demonstrations found 60 - 80 miles southwest (in the coastal mountains) of the Southern Atacama complex. Which is why I see mining as having a good probability of being 'the reason' for such a construct.
On the other hand - who was purchasing or using all this mined salt, nitrates, copper, etc...around 1,000 to 1,200 A.D.?

edit on 12/15/2014 by WanDash because: just editing to add

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I believe the mining is mainly from this and previous century.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Hence my desire for a soil sample. Preferably with a core drilling a few meters deep that would reveal contaminants showing either .ag use or mining. Agricultural use could contaminate with salts but the composition would be different than than of mining dealt from a saline lake and either leachates would be present for metallurgical mining.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jarocal

originally posted by: Hanslune

Hence my desire for a soil sample. Preferably with a core drilling a few meters deep that would reveal contaminants showing either .ag use or mining. Agricultural use could contaminate with salts but the composition would be different than than of mining dealt from a saline lake and either leachates would be present for metallurgical mining.

Tomorrow I'll look thru 19th century sources to see what that type of mining looked liked.
edit on 15/12/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
With regard to the 'recorded' mining efforts, 19th & 20th Centuries sound right.
What I see, however, in the hills, valleys and plains south of this complex, has led me to believe that, for 100+ miles, extending from the complex south of the Atacama Giant, the same pattern/s and 'methods' on hillsides, hilltops, and valleys seem to evince design or intent, rather than cracking earth.
If that is correct, the volume of work necessary to explain these remnants, would surely call for thousands, tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of participants (depending on the time-frame, era, et al) both laboriously and dangerously toiling, and being serviced (fed, watered, housed...?) while doing --- what?

BTW - there is still a barrier between my brain and Spanish... Don't know if I want to disturb someone-else's life on the other side of the planet...without some belief that I will be able to communicate with them, intelligibly.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

a reply to: 727Sky
Where would one fly from & to, to pass over this part of the globe?

You are right, 30,000' kind of muddles the details.

I absolutely hate to admit my stupidity however I really am glad you asked the question !

Ya see I looked at one of the titles and it said Sedona which in my mind meant Arizona not Chile ! The topographical photo I zeroed in on further reinforced my misguided perception (call it a quick scan) ...

Pictures are for pilots and words are for flight engineers... or something like that ! I should have read the articles before posting ! Thanks for bringing me back to reality and making me feel dumb yet better knowing I did not miss such a structure..

Welcome to the dumb club! I live in Arizona and I too fly over the 'area' lots of times and thought the very same thing when I saw Sedona I started thinking "I have been all around the desert near Sedona, is this heading for the Hoax threads?"
LOL, just thought I would share that you weren't the only one to jump to conclusions

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I don't know if I want to disturb someone-else's life on the other side of the planet...without some belief that I will be able to communicate with them, intelligibly.

If his reply to you is in Spanish pm me and I will provide a translation.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Jarocal
Well - now you're putting me on the spot.
What to say/ask... ... ...?... ...that won't turn him away, before even considering my questions... Hmmmm.
Thanks for the offer!!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Jarocal
Well - now you're putting me on the spot.
What to say/ask... ... ...?... ...that won't turn him away, before even considering my questions... Hmmmm.
Thanks for the offer!!

Just ask him if he knows anyone working on this site in the Atacama and give him a coordinate.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
That might be a worthwhile direction to take.
Then again, as pointed-out in your link to the Maps -(Thanks!)- the mining efforts identified are not on the plain, but rather in the surrounding mountainous/hilly terrains.

So - would this complex have been already in place, when the 19th & 20th Century mining of saltpeter/nitrates/etc...was ongoing?

An occassional aspect of my job, occupationally-speaking, includes obtaining sworn statements for record.
More often than not, my external research, prior to the formal questioning, has shown that the affiants had very clouded memories, or were willing to lie for the record "if it might bring that check a little sooner".

That said to say --- while using others' works & conclusions to form or support ones answers to the world, cuts off some of the edges, and ends up getting you there, faster, in more cases than where the opposite is true...it is those edges, and what's around them and under and through them that makes the next step and a view of the future worth taking and keeping.

Will let it be known if I contact d**l***r@uc****.*l .

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join