It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heartwarming Video of Young Deaf lad learning sign laguage and speaking for first time... Beautiful.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Was going to post this a while back and completely forgot, just thought about it again today so here it is.
Very moving indeed but so uplifting.

edit on 11/12/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I can't imagine the isolation, his face so forlorn. Just overjoyed when his face lit up, and cried. There is no excuse for anyone to be neglected, living in abject poverty. We have cold fusion and hidden clean tech, we should be jetson world over. Why at 15?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
I can't imagine the isolation, his face so forlorn. Just overjoyed when his face lit up, and cried. There is no excuse for anyone to be neglected, living in abject poverty. We have cold fusion and hidden clean tech, we should be jetson world over. Why at 15?

Indeed.... the video is in equal parts maddening and beautiful.
To think of the countless kids out there in his situation.... so sad.

But the video also made me cry tears of joy.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Such a beautiful smile! So sad that he went through so many of his years not being able to communicate. What a wonderful story!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

I love that -

Reminds me of that scene in the Miracle Worker when Helen Keller realizes for the first time that things have names. Once she knew that she couldn't learn fast enough

Watched it a couple times - was worth hit to see him smile

:-)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Now that was a a welcome break from all the horrific news around right now.
It's still unbelievable that in the 21st century there are people and places like this, left alone and scared and shunned and neglected basically. For all of our wonderful technological achievements and progressive social reforms, there are still many parts of our pale blue dot where there is a lot of work to be done.

That smile though - when he realizes he's actually communicating with people just like him - wow.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
That was heart wrenching, but also beautiful. Love that smile of his, such pure joy.

A great story to share here, uplifting and a reminder to not take the little things for granted.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Cheers peeps, glad you got as much out of it as I did... and yes, really does make you think how lucky you are.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

S&F for such a heartwarming video.

Was going to post this a while back and completely forgot, just thought about it again today so here it is. Very moving indeed but so uplifting.

Way back in the seventies I took a few night school courses in Sign Language as I was considering becoming an interpreter for the deaf. I also worked with another student one summer with the CHS (Canadian Hearing Society) to interview and compile a list of needs and services that were lacking in our area for the deaf community.

Although I didn't pursue a career as an interpreter, was young and worried about the great responsibility that came with being an interpreter, I do remember how grateful those people were that others cared enough to learn.

In the last year I have even been considering offering Yoga classes to the hearing impaired once I can devote more time developing such a program. Plus brushing up on my signing.

Deafness is extremely isolating as young Patrick demonstrates in the OP video.
With Iwinder's hearing loss I am very aware of how difficult it is for him interacting with doctors and other professionals where getting the information correctly is of vital importance.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

new topics

top topics

join