It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US cops trying to improve image....desperation!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hi

I thought with all of the US cop bashing id bring this to the attention of ATS users. It appears officers in Lowel, Michigan were stopping vehicles in what appeared to be to give out tickets. However what the cops did was ask them what they wanted for christmas which was sent on to a nearby store who got the gift, wrapped it and delivered it to the car. The gifts apparently have included xbox, flat screen tvs etc.

I dont know about other people but this to me stinks of a stunt to improve their image at a time when its a an all time low, and to be honest it stinks of desperation! Have the police force really come so low to bribe the random public. Others may point to this being good will and in festive spirit, but i say to what cost and who is paying it. Either way it shows they are running out of ideas and instead of using these tactics why dont they just do their job and serve and protect the people en mass not the few.

Link

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

My my, what bright teeth you have Mr. Horse.

I suppose if they offered you a 55" Hitachi, you would turn it down based on principal?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I'll see your gift buying cops and raise you a cop buying eggs for a woman caught stealing them to feed her kids.

www.al.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Man, what they can give ME for Christmas is...report your buddy when he screws up. Delivering a little roadside beating to someone he didn't like? Stop him, and report it. Making up some mopery charge to harass someone? Challenge him on it. If someone files a complaint that your old friend is drinking and policing...go track the guy down and give him a breathalyzer, and if he's drunk, arrest his butt.

I'd love to have a nice set of IA reports that aren't rubberstamped. I'd love to have the police unions say "You know what, you're right. It's NUTS to go to contract negotiation war over not testing for steroids.Of COURSE we ought to test for that. Why are we fighting it?".

I'd love to have the Lowell PD come out and say, "Of COURSE you may record us going about our business. We will never again try to obstruct you, or threaten you with some made-up crap. We won't ask you to delete it, then try to pretend ten seconds later that we think it's a "cell phone gun" to give us an excuse to whop you with a baton and steal your phone. We won't take your phone from you and delete the evidence, a move that if YOU did it, would be a felony, but somehow we seem to skate on constantly. We won't chase you into your house and intimidate you into giving us the phone. Or stomp on it. Or pretend there's a law that says you can't record us. Never again. All we ask is that you stay back a reasonable distance so we can do our jobs. And by 'reasonable distance' we don't mean 50 yards. And if even so much as ONE officer does these things, we will immediately fire his ass"

And for New Year's, you can also say "It's nuts to sue your wallet and take all the money we find for a margarita machine, so we won't do that any more either"

I don't need a flat screen. I don't want a new phone. I'd be out there singing carols with you if I could trust you. But if you want that support, the omerta has to go.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
If YOU were a cop...

And you knew you were a GOOD person, who took this crappy job because you wanted to protect and serve...

And suddenly you were being portrayed as an EVIL RACIST....

Wouldn't you want to show you were a caring part of the community?

There are more good cops than bad cops.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The best thing they can do to improve their image is just stop bullying people at a moments whim. If the reports go away, then we'll all be a lot happier.

And you are right officer, thats going to take time.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Please add to the existing thread below:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed. Thank you.

new topics

top topics

join