It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How may I find out if my computer's key strokes are being sent anywhere ( that I don't want them t

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
How may I find out if my Microsoft System 7 Internet Explorer 11 Lenovo laptop computer is sending my key strokes to any place other than for my own computer's use ?

May I instruct my computer to never send my keystrokes to anywhere, without my daily or hourly approval ?

A little window has appeared in the recent past several times that asked me if I want my keystrokes sent to Bing. I do not know why this question even came up. Once this little window asked if I wanted to turn off sending my key strokes to Bing, but I never turned it on or was ever asked about turning the sending of my key strokes to Bing on. What does this Bing experience mean ? How may I find out what my present Bing key stroke sending status is ?

Is there any software that I may obtain that may help to protect me from this problem ?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Hi.
bing is pretty harmless, even if it can be annoying.
To play it safe you would have to uninstall the bing searchbar, or any related bing software form your computer.
1 click the start button
2 in the search field type "uninstall
you will see the utility to uninstall software, click on it, and uninstall all stuff bing from the menu you see.
Alternatively you can change to less intrusive browsers like chrome or firefox.

bing is a search engine, just like google or yahoo.
The reason it wants your keystrokes is so it can learn patterns of what you search online, probably to give you more precise results over time, or most probably for target advertisement.
Say you look up backpacks often, bing memorizes it, and when you go on facebook for example, you will see more ads for backpacks. that kind of thing

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
bing is pretty harmless, even if it can be annoying.
To play it safe you would have to uninstall the bing searchbar, or any related bing software form your computer.
1 click the start button
2 in the search field type "uninstall
you will see the utility to uninstall software, click on it, and uninstall all stuff bing from the menu you see.

I think Bing search engine is an internet browser addon , not a separate program , so it won't be removable via "uninstall program" , see ... answers.microsoft.com /en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/keystrokes-to-bing/

It looks like it is possible to disable the suggestions feature on Bing, ( which is what needs to send your keystrokes over the internet ) , without installing Bing, see ... onlinehelp.microsoft.com...
edit on DecemberThu, 11 Dec 2014 06:15:45 -0600am12k12345 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
windows key + r
type cmd

in the shell
type netstat -a

You'll see all the connections your computer is listening to, if an address looks supspicious, google it.

if that isnt enough you can always use a developer tool like fiddler or a network monitor like Microsoft Network Monitor

Everything I wrote you should take with a grain of salt, as I am not really into malware (I bet there's possibilities to cloak connections).

Edit: totally missed the topic, at least you can check if it's sending
edit on 11-12-2014 by 4lk4tr43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: trader21
It sounds to me like you're infected with malware. There is a fake bing that begins popping up once you're infected with certain adware/spyware/malware. Conduit is one of those I think.

ADWcleaner
Temp File Cleaner
Malwarebytes
Uncheck the "trial" box during install
This next one looks for rootkits(including tdss and some trojans), which can have keyloggers along with them.
TDSSKiller

Note this is not a thorough cleaning, and focuses mostly on removing commonly known malware, rootkits, and temp files that are sitting on your computer, overlooked by anti-virus software. These can range from a few megabytes to gigabytes.

You may need to reset your tcp/ip stack, and replace your hosts file as well. Hope it helps.
edit on 12/11/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: trader21

Type "bing sending my key strokes" into bing and find out!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
www.bleepingcomputer.com...

Supposedly this software encrypts your keystrokes.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I need help with the following problem regarding Bing and my computer.

When I open a new window ( sideways ) by using the top address bar right button, this new window then has the Bing webpage opened. Please tell me how to stop this, and to get rid of all Bing in my computer.

"Internet options" does not show Bing at all anywhere, and even under the General tab of "internet options".

Only when I open a new window from the bottom screen taskbar internet button, does the new window open up properly to the place that is shown on the General tab of "internet options" ( that is not Bing ).

Where would Bing possibly be registered somewhere within my control panel settings ?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Run command prompt as administrator.

Type in netstat -b

That will show you all outside connections and what program is doing it. You'll have to do detective work from there.

top topics

join