It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mantra as medicine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I have had problems with delusions and still do. Think gangstalkers or mk ultra cult. For me it seemed more like an army of energy vampires.

"They" seemed to be everywhere I went. There was no escape, but crowded public places were especially difficult.

I had taken to reciting a mantra associated with the Hindu god, Durga. Known as the great mother. Maa Durga, remover or neutralizer of negative energy.

In the few times I felt unmolested, this mantra could lead to a state of bliss.

Anyways, I would always recite it internally when I was in public. One time in a crowded walmart, I was hit with what I felt was a psychic energy attack but what you would probably call a panic attack. The symptoms were a burning sensation in my chest, a feeling of not being able to breathe, palpitating heart and sort of like I would pass out. Not to mention a feeling of generalized panic.

I was already reciting the mantra internally, but for reinforcement I pictured a dark haired woman with a somewhat undefined mid-east/indian ethnicity. In this visualization she smiled warmly as if there was really nothing to worry about. I smiled back with my physical person. I don't know if I chose for her to smile or not, but the effect was very comforting.

The panic attack subsided and I even thought that this lady sitting on a bench in my line of sight sort of threw up her hands in exasperation. As if she was the one attacking me and was thwarted by Durga's smile.

Many times I have been saved from panic attacks by the help of Maa Durga. Maybe mantras can be used instead of medication?

Seems like this is typically a Christian orientated forum, so no offense to Christians for my inserting of a foreign religion here. No offense to serious Durga devotees, as I am an amateur. And no offense to other sufferers of similar delusions for me calling them panic attacks.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: fc487

Good that you have found a tool that makes you reach the bliss and can feel the calmness.

I think you need to find someone who know about kundalini/light/chi energy so that you find a place where you are not afraid where you can get more guidance and tools that might help you. The whole burning sensation in your body can from my point of view be an internal kundalini need in your body and your mind is having a negative reaction because of your internal fear. Sometimes when the energy discharge is very high it can be very uncomfortable but I have only had this problem in my heart one time in my life.

Do you have any Durga devotees, hindu/sikh/buddhist who might be able to help you out at your location or people that work in Psychology that have experience with Kundalini awakening?

Energy when doing Reiki (a body self healing technique that push energy thru your body) can give symptoms like hot, very hot, cold and vibrating where the bliss is normally from the vibrations.

I know my word might not mean much in a panic state. But there is a part of you that are always safe not matter what happens to your body and your mind. Thank you for being.

Namaste
edit on 11-12-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Thanks very much for the reminder that we are always safe whatever seems to happen to us in body or mind. I am coming to believe that myself, though I hadn't thought of it as succinctly. Also I have only dipped my toe in that water but keep finding out that I have withdrawn my foot and put it somewhere else.

Honestly, I don't feel ready to try awakening the kundalini. I am still working through many manifestations of internal fear, though I think things are going in the right direction. Adding that high voltage might magnify my issues. I don't know anything about it of course, but all the same I feel that I'm not ready.

Namaste right back to you

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Your spirit guide.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Many people across the world particularly from the Hindu religion offer their prayers to Goddess Durga by chanting durga mantra with devotion, particularly during navarathri festival people will be on fasting for nine days and offer prayers to goddess durga.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Aye, it works, if only for a while, but it works, done it meself even, I have stage fright and play in a band, and I've also worked as stagehands and been roadie and tech, so obviously I would need to be in crowded places, and like you and many others can probably confirm, being among many people means you are close to many energies and hundreds or even thousands of puffed up souls on the verge of being mad in front of their heroes on stage. For me it can sometimes be like sticking me head up in a bee hive or into a particle accelerator. I repeat Torah verses in Hebrew when I need to distance meself from the battling energies of the crowded house. And for me, it works just fine.
edit on 4-9-2017 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Ganesh mantra is strong medicine too my friend

top topics

join