It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1 Trillion Spending Bill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Warren should be 'rebelling' against her own party.

'Wall Street' caused the financial crisis!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Here's the actual "Bill".

It's actually an amendment to a Senate amendment to House Bill H.R. 83.

I think the original H.R. 83 is from January 2013.

Amendments to Amendments

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
At least the IRS gets a big cut! Should've been much larger.
Apparently Liberal Dems and Conservative Republicans are both up in arms on this budget.

huh?....so let's have less people able to audit tax forms, so more of the wealthy and corporate can cheat on their taxes?....that means less revenue coming in and a higher deficit....so.....the republicans actually passed a provision that increases the deficit....laws have consequences, and the wealthy just got a big break....thanks GOP for selling out the average joe

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Yep. I love it when people cheer big cuts to the IRS or VA or whatever agency they've decided to demonize in their own mind. Then, when the inevitable report comes out saying "EIC tax fraud in the billions of dollars" comes out, those same people will scream out about how the IRS is failing at it's job...

They do this intentionally, so they can always be right. "See, I told you they needed to slash that IRS budget!" "See, I told you the IRS can't do their job right. Look at this increase in fraud!"

Same story for most any agency. My favorite is when I get a call from someone and they are just so mad that they've been dealing with automated government call centers. You wanted cuts, cuts happened. What did you think was going to happen with less people?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: xuenchen

Warren should be 'rebelling' against her own party.

'Wall Street' caused the financial crisis!!!

look up "credit default swaps" that cost the taxpayers 700 billion in 2008 that went to the banks.....you must be a millionaire or banker, because you just told the banks they have a blank check to gamble using regular bank deposits. that safeguard was put into "Dodd-Frank" to prohibit that. all the wealthy "F's" that brought down this country in 2008 are laughing and celebrating, because now they can do it again!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
a reply to: jimmyx

Yep. I love it when people cheer big cuts to the IRS or VA or whatever agency they've decided to demonize in their own mind. Then, when the inevitable report comes out saying "EIC tax fraud in the billions of dollars" comes out, those same people will scream out about how the IRS is failing at it's job...

They do this intentionally, so they can always be right. "See, I told you they needed to slash that IRS budget!" "See, I told you the IRS can't do their job right. Look at this increase in fraud!"

Same story for most any agency. My favorite is when I get a call from someone and they are just so mad that they've been dealing with automated government call centers. You wanted cuts, cuts happened. What did you think was going to happen with less people?

why do the rank and file people in this nation buy into this crap.....the only thing I can think of is that they want to have billionaire rulers....the GOP also cut the budget for the EPA...great!!!!....more polluted water, more polluted air...we should demand that all children of GOP senators and congressmen live within one mile of ANY CORPORATE POLLUTER.....I want to see their kids and grandkids get sick, and diseased, and hospitalized. that's the only thing they will understand, when their own flesh and blood are victimized.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: IAMTAT
At least the IRS gets a big cut! Should've been much larger.
Apparently Liberal Dems and Conservative Republicans are both up in arms on this budget.

huh?....so let's have less people able to audit tax forms, so more of the wealthy and corporate can cheat on their taxes?....that means less revenue coming in and a higher deficit....so.....the republicans actually passed a provision that increases the deficit....laws have consequences, and the wealthy just got a big break....thanks GOP for selling out the average joe

Yup. THESE IRS officials will sorely miss those extra tax dollars at this year's convention:
abcnews.go.com...
media.ksl.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The House passed it.

Lots of "NO" votes

After Hours of Uncertainty, House Passes ‘Cromnibus’

Updated 10:19 p.m. | The House narrowly advanced a trillion-dollar spending bill Thursday night to fund nearly all federal operations through the end of the fiscal year.

The measure passed 219-206 and now goes to the Senate, where lawmakers have just a few hours to avert a government shutdown; funding runs out at 11:59 p.m.

Sixty-seven Republicans joined 139 Democrats voting “no,” a volume of opposition ultimately not great enough to stymie the bill that was, by all accounts, controversial — even for those who voted “yes.”

edit on Dec-11-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
AHAHAHAHAHAH

US is sooo finished.

FED just printed 1 trillion to prevent default.

And will have to do it again....and again....and again....till one day....they can't.

That day is coming sooner than later.

"Later" we already did "Later"

All that's left is "sooner"

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well the FTSE and Dow Jones are down this morning so what are they thinking?

If there was a near term plan to inflate the debt investors would be jumping all over stocks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join