It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel indicts American over plot to bomb Muslims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

JERUSALEM (AP) — An American Christian who passed himself off as an ex-U.S. Navy SEAL faces charges in Israel of trying to blow up Muslim holy sites in Jerusalem, Israeli authorities said Tuesday.

Here's the link:

bigstory.ap.org...
edit on 9-12-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: REMOVED MASSIVE COPY-AND-PASTE

edit on 12/10/2014 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Title change.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I guess my take on it is that, if true, shows that Israel has some good in it. Otherwise, why stop the guy?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: sdubya

Some christians lay it out like this.

Before Christ can return it is believed that certain events have to transpire. Among them is the rebuilding of Solomon's Temple on its old site. The Wailing Wall is believed to be part of Solomon's Temple. Before that can happen the Dome of the Rock must come down. Recent events at or near the Muslim Holy Site might lead some to believe that this is about to happen.

So this guy might have been trying to help things along?

I dunno his rationale and I don't really believe the dogma about The Most argued over place on the planet…

just what I remember about certain church beliefs.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Well one thing I myself would be terrified of is, any psychiatric evaluation by Israeli authorities.

This story could be a clever diversion or a good PR operation.

edit on Dec-09-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdubya
I guess my take on it is that, if true, shows that Israel has some good in it. Otherwise, why stop the guy?

Excellent point.
Either he is a Palestinian sympathizer looking to blame Israel for the destruction of Muslim sites to raise rage against Israel or some end times nutter thinking he was setting some misguided prophesy in motion.
You won't see any Muslims praising Israel for stopping him though.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Sounds like he just hates Arabs...

Later that year, Livix entered Israel, the Justice Ministry said, and told Israeli friends he had strong anti-Arab sentiments. The ministry said Livix later cooperated with his roommate, a serving soldier in the Israeli military, to obtain 1.4 kilograms (3 pounds) of explosive material to blow up the unidentified Jerusalem holy sites. The ministry said police discovered the plot in October.

Needless to say, no matter the intentions, it would be a seriously stupid move to destroy these holy sites...I can only imagine the # that would go down as a result...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Christianists.

Cuz blowin up things is gonna bring back the God of Peace, right?
edit on 9-12-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Needless to say, no matter the intentions, it would be a seriously stupid move to destroy these holy sites…I can only imagine the # that would go down as a result…

I kind of cringed when I read about the Israelis closing one down, too.

Like they don't shoot themselves in the foot often enough.

Or maybe they intend to start WWIII…
edit on 9-12-2014 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
My first thought: He should have taken that 2013 offer lol. Yeah I know, I'm terrible.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

Later that year, Livix entered Israel, the Justice Ministry said, and told Israeli friends he had strong anti-Arab sentiments. The ministry said Livix later cooperated with his roommate, a serving soldier in the Israeli military, to obtain 1.4 kilograms (3 pounds) of explosive material to blow up the unidentified Jerusalem holy sites. The ministry said police discovered the plot in October.

Needless to say, no matter the intentions, it would be a seriously stupid move to destroy these holy sites...I can only imagine the # that would go down as a result...

And yet ISIS destroys their precious holy sites on a daily basis and films it. Why would Israel get a tongue lashing or worse yet ISIS gets a pass from the Muslim world ?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

And yet ISIS destroys their precious holy sites on a daily basis and films it. Why would Israel get a tongue lashing or worse yet ISIS gets a pass from the Muslim world ?

ISIS is negatively received by the majority of Muslims, and i guarantee that ordinary religious folk do not approve of the destruction of their holy sites. That said, the sites in Jerusalem are some of the holiest in Islam, and their destruction would result in...well, i don't want to think what could happen...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
You just did one of my pet peeves. I call it click-baiting. Naming a thread using a completely useless title.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I think that might be the Jews prophecy. Third temple and all that. And remember the red calf, bet you there are a few people working on that.
But that would mean the ops link would not help that.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

ISIS gets a pass? ISIS has managed to get the Saudis and Gulf States, Kurds groups, Shia militias, Sunni tribes, Iran, Iraq, the FSA, other radical groups, Hezbollah, Syria among others all bombing and fighting them with the rest of Muslim world mocking and condeming them. I do not know what more you expect them to do.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

My take on this is that Irasel is trying to make itself look like a pious jolly good fellow in the eyes of the world and play the victim one more time at the same time

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I was reading this yesterday on Jerusalem Post...
Apparently he had links to an IDF soldier who was supplying him with weapons.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

You won't see any Muslims praising Israel for stopping him though.

Ok listen up baiter...

If I let my Dog sh*t in your yard 364 days of the year, and on the 365th day I stop someone else's Dog sh*tting on your lawn am I suddenly worthy of your praise?

Now replace Dog with IDF & sh*t with bombs, mortars, kidnappings & shootings.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington
Christianists.

Cuz blowin up things is gonna bring back the God of Peace, right?

Not defending him but conversely blowing ones self up helps Allah how?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

And yet ISIS destroys their precious holy sites on a daily basis and films it.

Did it ever occur to you that the ones blowing up mosques aren't Muslim?

I'll bet it did.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeussusZ

I think that might be the Jews prophecy. Third temple and all that. And remember the red calf, bet you there are a few people working on that.

As far as I can tell, most of what is taught in state side churches stems from the teachings that the West Must defend the Chosen Ones and the Holy Land.

Most people don't attend church and probably scratch their head when it comes to why the West defends Israel. They think that Israel's PAC and direct manipulation behind the political Veil is why, but fail to take into account that the real pressure is religious dogma spewing from US church pulpits, promising heavenly glory and threatening eternal hell If the State of Israel is not 'protected'.

I hope someone comes and challenges that, I was raised in the Western Christian church, I know what they preach incessantly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join