It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new YOUTUBE tab

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
... the URL of the page being viewed is sent to Youtube as part of the HTTP Referer string so they know the page i am viewing
... Referer: www.abovetopsecret.com...

VirusGuard is correct : YouTube (aka Google) will know you've come from www.abovetopsecret.com... because of the referrer string ...

But to be fair Google already know that, unless you've cleared your Google Analytics cookies before clicking on the YouTube button.

donttrack.us/
edit on DecemberThu, 11 Dec 2014 01:26:29 -0600am12k12345 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Here ya go!
Lightbeam for Firefox

Help y'all grow a li'l more paranoid, maybe xD

Lightbeam basically shows you the relationships between first and third party sites you visit...

Not that I really care, and I don't think it has a bearing on the concern of the OP but, I haven't even visited youtubes and there is already a connection between ATS and YT... meh...

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jimjolnir
Help y'all grow a li'l more paranoid ...

Given the unusually high level of paranoia in here it was optimistic to expect the people here to login to Google/YouTube , as doing so could give away their real identity.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
in fairness to SkepticOverlord and ATS they have not deleted this thread, banned me or gave this thread a lead weight so credit where it is due.

The thing is that if sites like this don't embed google scripts all over the place then Google puts them on page ten of any search results pages. it's how they push out compertion who won't play ball and if sites don't promote the NWO view that google likes then again they end up on page ten.

Make no mistake these personal search results are all about soft censorship but they are not so daft as to make it too obvious and do let the odd one or two slip past else everyone would be on too them.

ATS also uses ajax.googleapis.com and Google.fonts which could be hosted by ATS instead because a lot of members here will block these domains and that might break the site.

I don't trust Alex Jones because he goes on about being watched and yet has google spyware all over his site.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
We collect none.

Rubbish, complete Rubbish and you talk of others lieing?

Every website collects data/stats.

Meh

Spiro
edit on 11-12-2014 by Spiro because: someone pinched my dictionary

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiro
Rubbish, complete Rubbish and you talk of others lieing?
Every website collects data/stats.

We've repeatedly stated, many times over the years, that we don't keep server logs. We also stated it in our Privacy Policy, linked at the bottom of every page.

This part...
The non-identifying aggregate information is not stored on any server owned by the Websites as we do not collect or store any log files of activity on our websites. Instead, we employ the Google Analytics software (which does set a cookie) to obtain traffic analysis data.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
ATS also uses ajax.googleapis.com and Google.fonts which could be hosted by ATS…

It's generally accepted best-practicies to not host these files on your website domain, since a massive majority of websites use the files, and nearly everyone has a locally cached version.

Yup. That means when you visit ATS, and our page uses an API/JS from Google, it pulls the local copy from your computer's cache… not Google.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Ok, then who put subscribe to bulll# on my YT account? Google?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join