It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CampKill defends the new Star Wars Trailer (video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Video contains adult language.

WARNING: The following video contains some adult language and discusses some heated debates over the new Star Wars trailer. Like most my threads- this thread also contains a video commentary I have made to address the topic. All my vids are me raping and/or singing while playing video games. I am a commentator. Its what I do. People do this. With that said- on to the thread.

So the new Star Wars trailer has been released and all over the galaxy the complaints of a few fans can be overheard above all the praise. Some people are upset about the new lightsaber. Others are screaming that John Boyega can't be a Stormtrooper because of the color of his skin. Well- being a total Star Wars junkie I had to put my foot down and enter the debate the only way I know how.

Rhyming while running.

The following video contains me breaking down the Star Wars facts while rhyming and running in a game of Modern Warfare 3. I play like a beast and destroy the naysayers who say the trailer broke SW lore.

The vid uses humor and lyrical dexterity to explain why the new trailer was pretty darn good and gives some reasons to trust this new SW movie may just be fantastic.

So listen along as a Star Wars nut attacks the silly claims of those who are trying to say the new trailer sucks.

Hope you enjoy.

edit on 9-12-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
doesn't matter WHAT the trailer would have showed. People have a fetish for starwars. people would have complained no matter what.
the sad truth is that the movies, while revolutionary from a technical standpoint, have all some of the worst acting and most laughable dialogue in the history of cinema.
It's a B movie with A movie special effects in it, the whole series.
also complaining has become the new pass time, world wide.
People complain and hate everything for not other reason than it being trendy right now.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

Masky my friend, you are a brilliant man and an enlightened individual if ever one existed. Having said that, and since we haven't talked in awhile, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you might have a possible war game addiction.

Spot on with everything you said in this video!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

We agree on so much.

I'm a rare breed of StarWars fan. one who knows its total garbage cinema. Cheesy dialogs, campy plots and motivations. But I love the originals for that. I appreciate the old Flash Gordon feel to it all. Its fun candy flavored crap and I eat it up.

As for the haters complaining- I have not heard one single legitimate complaint from a fan on why the trailer looks bad. Its always incorrect info like Stormtroopers can;t be black (they can be any color race or gender) or they just get upset about a robot's design. The trailer showed nothing anyone can point to as a huge flopping flaw.

It was a solid teaser. And for a fan it should be a breath of fresh air.

Thanks for the comment bro!

MM

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Heffffy!!! Hello good sir! Big hugs and happy holidays to you (if you celebrate them).

As for the game wargame addiction- I'm actually more of a Minecraft lover. lol. But ya- I do enjoy making gaming vids. Its a good venting process. Good for the digital soul.

And thanks for agreeing with the vid. I take my SW serious I guess.

Big hugs homie and always awesome to see you!

MM

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

ehehe we all have our guilty pleasure movies, mine is "tremors", there is very little that is good about it, but i have to watch it twice a year.
and i agree with you, the teaser was solid in what it needed to do, set the tone of the movie, and fans should be happy it's out of George's hands...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Siffy, you're the true Jedi Master which you've proved once again. I always enjoy your campkills where you set the world back into balance for the rest of us to enjoy.

Keep up the good work. Now you're not only killing those damn campers but you're untwisting the schwartses of all those poor spaceballs out there too.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Loved it! Mr. Mask. For the haters? Let them watch Spaceballs!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

That was so good that my bits leaked!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Love your videos Mr. Mask, and this one is right on target. What a bunch of whining PC cry babies this world has produced! I think we need to find a planet they could SURVIVE on and run them off of Earth, so we can bring back some sanity and reason back to our world. Either that, or find an island, like Antarctica to move them too. I am just totally fed up with the ridiculous and ignorant PC movement that has evolved in our midst. It is kind of like Hitler and the SS. Someone should have put them in check back in the beginning of their movement and didn't.

Now we have to deal with a much larger group of PC whiners today. I guess they don't realize just how they are still a small minority that believes in the PC movement. And as for the light saber, I suppose following their 'lost in the wilderness' attitude, they never heard about a Hilt or Hand Guard. I think it would be a must have on something like a light saber, or else you may pull back a stump as opposed to a hand, fingers, and forearm.

Anyway, love your work! Keep them coming now that I found your You-Tube page!

SH

edit on 9/12/14 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

ehehe we all have our guilty pleasure movies, mine is "tremors", there is very little that is good about it, but i have to watch it twice a year.
and i agree with you, the teaser was solid in what it needed to do, set the tone of the movie, and fans should be happy it's out of George's hands...

I agree that George passing the controls to a new team was possibly the best thing to ever happen to Star Wars (I'll judge it when the movie comes out).

BUT I must say that Tremors is a wonderful movie! I actually just saw it with my son (for his first time) a few weeks ago- and I was delighted to see that it still held up to be a great flick. Its wholesome and has the old movie-monster feel to it. Its just a great feel-good monster movie.

Thanks for the comment and thanks for watching the vid. BUT above all- thanks for digging Tremors as much as I do. Its a fantastic movie.

MM

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Siffy, you're the true Jedi Master which you've proved once again. I always enjoy your campkills where you set the world back into balance for the rest of us to enjoy.

Keep up the good work. Now you're not only killing those damn campers but you're untwisting the schwartses of all those poor spaceballs out there too.

Awww dude thank you so much. I'm no Jedi but I do try my hardest to make vids you will laugh or learn with and enjoy. This one was personal. Star Wars was my childhood (as for many adults today). I really want this movie to be good (and it may suck in the end) and I think people rushing to hate it for no good reason are being jerks. So I had to confront that nonsense.

There was a great disturbance in The Force when the trailer was released. Mostly from fake fans and disgruntle haters looking to hate for the novelty of it all.

So this vid was my defense of the new movie and it felt good. Like protecting a friend who is too weak to protect himself.

Thanks for the cool comment and for supporting my weird little videos. I love you bro. happy holidays!

MM

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Thank you sir!!! Now if we could ONLY GET a new Spaceballs movie...that would be...perfect.

A Spaceballs poking fun at the prequels? yaaaah...that would be amazing.

MM

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

That was so good that my bits leaked!

Hhahaahah! Thank you! I really just hope the movie turns out good...if not- I just wasted a whole week writing and recording a defense for a horrible movie.

BUT I have hope for this one. All the pieces are in the right place for this to maybe be one of the best SW movies of all times. I hope.

MM

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

Love your videos Mr. Mask, and this one is right on target. What a bunch of whining PC cry babies this world has produced! I think we need to find a planet they could SURVIVE on and run them off of Earth, so we can bring back some sanity and reason back to our world. Either that, or find an island, like Antarctica to move them too. I am just totally fed up with the ridiculous and ignorant PC movement that has evolved in our midst. It is kind of like Hitler and the SS. Someone should have put them in check back in the beginning of their movement and didn't.

Now we have to deal with a much larger group of PC whiners today. I guess they don't realize just how they are still a small minority that believes in the PC movement. And as for the light saber, I suppose following their 'lost in the wilderness' attitude, they never heard about a Hilt or Hand Guard. I think it would be a must have on something like a light saber, or else you may pull back a stump as opposed to a hand, fingers, and forearm.

Anyway, love your work! Keep them coming now that I found your You-Tube page!

SH

First off thank you kindly for the kind words on my vids. They come from the heart and they are a big part of my free time when I'm not doing more important things like working a job and raising a wonderful little boy.

I agree with what you say. These "Haters" who hate for the simple joy of hating are all just silly and boring people. Its a damn shame that "hate" has become the pastime of so many people these days- that they will loudly complain or attack something just to have a hateful opinion but when questioned for a reasons they just go blank eyed and have nothing to say.

I'll be the first to say these new SW movies may turn out to be horrible. They may. Its a huge possibility. BUT there was not one single thing in the new trailer that gave real fans anything but hope.

Screw the haters. Bring me the new movie and lets judge it honestly from there.

Hugs bro!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I won't be seeing it. I think it looks like crap.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I saw the original film when I was 10, it had such an impact on me that even the following two films weren't that important to me, I saw them and I liked them, but it was the first one that did the damage.

I went back at the age of 25 and watched the first film again. I had seen it several times as a young teen but life got adventuresome pretty quickly so I didn't watch the movies again for a long time.

When I went back to watch the first one again all those years later, I could see right away that it was not a very good movie. I was able to cut myself some slack because I remembered that I had only been 10, and later I learned about things like Joseph Campbell's involvement, so I could give myself a break, but I became much more interested in what it had been about the film that had made it possible for it to impact me so deeply.

Later when the new movies came out, I lined up with everyone else, making sure that I saw the Clone Wars as soon as it came out. I did this knowing that it would suck, but something compelled me, I think I did not want to miss the chance to get another hit of whatever that was back in '77, just in case the new movies didn't suck and there was some more of that stuff in there. There wasn't. I missed the next two films, but became even more interested in what it had been that had tripped my trigger.

I still am not sure what it was...

...but the Abrams trailers had it. They gave me chills. I don't know how he did it, but it looks like somehow he got his hands on some of that magick stuff. All I can say is that I think it has something to do with the images and narrative working together at some deep symbolic level in the brain, beats me. But I'll be there to see the film when it comes out.

edit on 9-12-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
I won't be seeing it. I think it looks like crap.

Nothing in the trailer looked like crap lol. Notice your argument has no base or reason. Just hollow hate for no other reason than to complain. Exactly what this vid exposes. "People addicted to hating and thumbing down everything for the sake of doing so".

I'd loooove a single reason why you think the trailer looked like "crap". Let's hear it. Comon. Give me a full sentence at least.

And I assure you...you will see the movie.

MM

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

...but the Abrams trailers had it. They gave me chills. I don't know how he did it, but it looks like somehow he got his hands on some of that magick stuff. All I can say is that I think it has something to do with the images and narrative working together at some deep symbolic level in the brain, beats me. But I'll be there to see the film when it comes out.

Your entire post was interesting from a fan's point of view, so thank you for taking the time to share that info. Like you- I was also enchanted by the first movie and saw it in theaters when I was a wee pup. It gave me so many smiles and good times as a kid.

I also learned with age that the original movies were not that good. Campy, tongue-in-cheek, over the top, bad acting etc. BUT it still has all the charm of an old 50s sci-fi serial. I still love them...and defend them knowing they really are just shlock. But fun shlock nonetheless.

The part of your post that hit me hardest was where yo say the new trailer gabe you the old StarWars chills. Me too. I had that magic that has been missing since the crappy prequels. I think fans can sense that JJ Abrams is a true SW fan, and he is.

That's what SW needs...real fans taking over the franchise and continuing the saga based on the dreams and hopes the originals gave them as children.

Its time for a new blood of SW fiction. And I think Abrams is the new hope.

Thanks for your comment here. It was interesting to see SW through your experience and learn it was very close to my own.

MM

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You are my new hero.

That being said, the rolling "ball droid" reeks of a certain floppy tongued Gungun.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join