It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

urinary problems...especially at night

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
does anyone else here suffer from this?
i know it is a sign of an enlarged prostate. i am still a bit young for that. will be 37 in march.

it sucks though. i dont sleep well as it is an this is causing me sleep issues.
i used to think it was cause i constantly drinking fluids, even till shortly before i go to sleep.

lately though i have not been drinking any soda and no coffee. just tea and most of it is caffeine free.

does not matter. i will lay down and within 20 minutes i am up pissing. then 20 minutes after that. then i might fall asleep but only for an hour cause i have to get up to pee.

last night i felt tired so i laid down at 8. i didnt fall asleep cause it was so early but i didnt have to go to the bathroom till about 9:15. after that i swear i was going pee every 20-30 minutes till about 2:20 when i went to bed and i had nothing to drink.

i dont understand and it sucks.
so, if anyone has any ideas or tips im all ears.

i have a hard enough time with sleep but i know that i will never have a good nights rest cause if it is not my hand hurting its cause im up to the bathroom every half hour.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

If you are drinking a lot of Tea, it could be due to it's Diuretic effect.

Have you been tested for Diabetes recently though?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Have your prostate checked. My ex had problems with his and come to find out,it was a prostate infection. I started talking to the neighbors that I was friends with about it and all of the guys said that they too had had a prostate infection at one time or another. And it is HARD to get fully rid of. you have to be on anti-biotics for a month to totally clear it up.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Agree with what skalla said, check your sugar, but also need to drink water to help flush your system out

Any pain or loss of control?
If so, it sounds like you may need to go see a urologist if it keeps up

If it's an enlarged prostate, meds will fix that in no time
Happened to my honey a few years ago...nothing serious, just a major discomfort

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

In a situation like this, I strongly urge to get it checked out but here's a little info that you can look over:

Frequent Urination: Causes and Treatments

Frequent urination can be a symptom of many different problems. When frequent urination is accompanied by fever, an urgent need to urinate, and pain or discomfort in the abdomen, you may have a urinary tract infection. Other possible causes of frequent urination include: Diabetes . Frequent urination is often an early symptom of both type 1 and type 2 diabetes as the body tries to rid itself of unused glucose through the urine......................

An enlarged prostate can press against the urethra (the tube that carries urine out the body) and block the flow of urine. This causes the bladder wall to become irritable. The bladder begins to contract even when it contains small amounts of urine, causing more frequent urination.

Hope this helps...

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Have you seen a Doctor yet? If you have what did he or she say? If you haven't please make an appointment and go.

edit on 2014-12-08T18:23:30-06:00pmMondaypm08201412America/Chicagopm by caladonea because: edit

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Take a look at some of your pain meds they may be the cause, it was for me.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Could be a bladder infection or Urinary Tract infection, a lot of urinary infections cause you to have frequent urges to urinate. Until your able to see a doctor I suggest drinking lots of water and cranberry juice, continue to pee frequently all this will help flush out your system, riding it of possible bacteria.

Only way to know for sure is to see a doctor.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
i do drink a lot of tea but that is recent
before that it was soda im always thirsty so i am always drinking something. i dont seem to go as much during the day though.

i have not seen a doctor yet. i am dreading the prostate exam.

i had a prostate infection about 8 years ago. symptoms were much, much worse than this.
if i had an infection i would know it.
that was about the most miserable time of my life.
i had it for 5 days and i was to the point i was hoping i would die. i didnt think i could go another minute.

no there is no pain or loss of control.
it is just frequent.
also, not all the time but sometimes it feels like i could fill a gallon jug but not that much actually comes out.
the feeling does not fit what actually passes. not all the time though.

my wife says i have a weak stream too. i dont know.
when she goes it sounds like a god damn fire hose....she has some serious pressure compared to me.
she is all i have to compare to though

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Take a look at some of your pain meds they may be the cause, it was for me.

possible i guess.
since i settled though and my comp insurance got pulled, all i take is vicodin now.
lots and lots of yummy vicodin

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Are you overweight or obese?

Always thirsty is a sign of adult diabetes. Check your blood sugar!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

nope.
im 6''3' and 220-225
right where i should be.
my sugar is fine.
bp is fine

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

originally posted by: olaru12

nope.
im 6''3' and 220-225
right where i should be.
my sugar is fine.
bp is fine

That's good...

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Could be a lot of things but do you experience tiredness during the day? Do people say you snore badly? I have sleep apnoea and one of the symptoms of not getting enough oxygen to my system during the night was having to get up to pee a lot......

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Get your kidneys checked. I had a kidney problem and at times I'd have to empty my bladder like every 20 minutes even if I hadn't drank anything.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
First thing, are you peeing a lot when you pee or is it just a little every time? How long has this been going on.

I have a problem with this, but I have a problem with angiotensin and this causes me to expel too much fluids. Because of this I have low blood volume. Salt helps a person to retain water by dampening the excretion in the kidneys. Coffee contains fluoride, which stimulates you to secrete water.

If you pee a lot, you could be low on electrolytes which will cause you to pee more. Low potassium is not good, neither is low sodium levels. Low sodium and chloride can lead to a loss of waste being taken out of cells and transported to the kidneys. Chloride consumption being at the proper level is important. Not chlorine though, the stuff in water is not the same.

Things to try. Before going to bed, eat some popcorn or chips or something salty to see if it helps. Peeing in the day is good for you but it is a pain at night. When you pee all the time, you get constipated. A little salt water helps to slow the formation of insulin by the pancreas. High insulin levels can cause constipation but only if you are actually deficient in salt. The kidneys balance stuff but sometime inbalances of electrolytes can cause problems.

If you have a bladder infection it can cause the same symptoms, it doesn't always have to be the prostate. They have a test for prostate problems. I was diagnosed with prostate, but it was not my prostate, I was allergic to my meds for the epilepsy. They screwed up my whole system for a while, even after I quit taking them. It took two years before all the problems finally completely disappear.

If I drink coffee at night, I go a few times at night, but I go a lot each time. It is a good stream too. Once in a while I eat or drink something that causes problems, but I haven't identified exactly what it is yet. It is something in certain prepared foods, but identifying exactly what it is isn't so easy.

If I take glucosamine pills I swell up, not peeing enough. That is not good. Only you can figure out what is causing the problem. Always remember, peeing is a good thing, but your system should not doing this while you are sleeping. Once a night isn't bad. On the other end of the coin, you could be consuming something you shouldn't be, causing the kidneys to need to expel it so you don't get sick or hurt. If you consume a lot of sugary foods, the kidneys will kick out any sugar your body cannot detox. Lowering sugar uptake can help with that. It is a sign that you may be getting a little glucose intolerant, just lower consumption. The kidneys expel excess acetylaldehyde also, this is also a byproduct of sugar and alcohol.

There are many reasons for this, you need to pay attention on how foods effect you.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I like how there are so many different ideas.

Dude, just go to the doctor.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
I like how there are so many different ideas.

Dude, just go to the doctor.

yeah, im going to have to.
but that means doctor huge hands is going to stick his fingers up my grape and i dont like that.

i need to find a female asian doctor for that task i think

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

"Prostate Science", it's available in many places like Vitamin Shoppe and many other places. Not expensive and no need prescription to buy it. It works like a charm for me.

www.vitaminshoppe.com...

edit on 8-12-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Yep...go see a urologist

A lot can be found through your urine sample

Half of what you just stated are questions that are on my husbands forms we have to fill out every time he goes

It may be your sugar too...that can be checked at home with one of those little machines you buy at WallyWorld or CVS
That would nip that in the bud one way or another

top topics

<<   2 >>

join