It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My View OnThe Brain/Mind/Counsiousness As A Quantum Computer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

You might like this lecture by Scott Aaronson which I linked below. Note that Scott says: "quantum computing may contribute to this ongoing debate", although to date, no one has come up with a model for the brain as a quantum computer. You can skip over the deep math and the NP question - just listen to first and last 10 minutes. Although the conclusion suggests that it may be physically impossible for the brain to function as a quantum computer (think only one variable: Temperature!), nothing is set in stone. It's an interesting question because we can model the superposition of electrons which are in the brain, but we really don't know what contribution these quantum effects have on the brain "output" so-to-speak. I posted a link to Allen Adams first lecture on Superposition at MIT. It's excellent - the class notes alone are worth downloading.

Keep thinking - nothing is outlandish.

Scott Aaronson lecture: videolectures.net...

Allen Adams lecture: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423
a reply to: FormOfTheLord
You might like this lecture by Scott Aaronson which I linked below. Note that Scott says: "quantum computing may contribute to this ongoing debate", although to date, no one has come up with a model for the brain as a quantum computer. You can skip over the deep math and the NP question - just listen to first and last 10 minutes. Although the conclusion suggests that it may be physically impossible for the brain to function as a quantum computer (think only one variable: Temperature!), nothing is set in stone. It's an interesting question because we can model the superposition of electrons which are in the brain, but we really don't know what contribution these quantum effects have on the brain "output" so-to-speak. I posted a link to Allen Adams first lecture on Superposition at MIT. It's excellent - the class notes alone are worth downloading.
Keep thinking - nothing is outlandish.
Scott Aaronson lecture: videolectures.net...
Allen Adams lecture: www.youtube.com...

Ohh thanks for the post I will give it a good listen, I do enjoy me some good physics!

For those who want to listen too here it be!

edit on 23-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join