It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA torture report could ignite unrest, Kerry warns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Excellent discussion thread, tothetenthpower. Thank you!

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Now I'm not one to trust any politician. But if you make me choose between a guy who ran a secret CIA rendition program, vs Diane Feinstein...I"m probably going to believe the ladder.

I completely understand your distrust of the CIA, however in this case it looks like they are telling the truth and the politicians are shrinking away from admitting that they knew about what was going on.

Remember these?
Washington Post - Pelosi Lied About Waterboarding

NY Times - Pelosi Acknowledges She Was Told of Waterboarding

Pelosi Approved Mass Surveillance and Torture

I am of the opinion that they knew but now that it's not fashionable to approve of waterboarding terrorists, they are trying to hide from their previous approval.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals
Sure TV coverage did, but you also make a good point. A lot more of our side was dieing, we couldn't really cheat in the jungle. Drones would be pretty worthless there.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Hi everybody I'm newish here and this is my first post. I'm here today because I'm reading about the 45 year anniversary of the Kecksburg UFO incident. John Murphy's suspicious hit-and-run death really incised me. I wanted to start a new topic about it (to run my big mouth) but the site won't let me and I don't know why. Anyway, torture ..

Yeah? So? What are people gonna do about it? Nothing. Unrest? pssh, that will only thrill government, give them something to do and justify their existence. I seriously doubt there'll be unrest over confirmation of torture.

What would really impress me though is to see unrest over government torture of citizens, targeted individuals. Technology is incredibly advanced and it's ridiculous to think they aren't doing what so many people say they are.

Torture sucks but it's part of this Hellish world. The United States is like a lamp with no oil. This country in darkness, no light shining from faded glory!

Oh yeah, and just how exactly are humans going to stop torturing other humans? Sudden realization that it's wrong? lol

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Yeah when you hit the 72 hour mark very bad things start to happen.
Sleep deprivation will kill you eventualy.

The worst part of torture is that you don't die. Head hung and drooling, rack of spoiled meat and fragile bones.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
gee whizz the CIA just do what the hell they want, torture, murder, threats of rape, sleep deprivation for 140 hours(!) and were at best highly selective with the information provided to government. much of which information was, by their own admission, 'inacurrate'. lying, cheating, sadists. the whole agency is itself a terrorist organisation and they've made america an infinitely more dangerous place. the CIA are scum.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hey guys, check this out.

This info is what they WANT people to have. Like an idiot, I'm here to share and so...

Here it is: C IA Torture Report

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If you are worried that telling people what you are doing might offend or cause unrest then maybe that`s a sign that you shouldn`t be doing those things?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL
I grew up watching the Vietnam war on tv every night at dinner as we always had the news on. It was ugly and graphic but that's war for you. People are the same today - if it doesn't affect them directly they tend to not care. That's why we haven't had a war like Vietnam since, they knew the public would never support it. As you point out robotic weapons systems are much more useful in stark terrain and when we do have to use real soldiers it seems over 60% of them are actually private contractors - so the public still stays in the dark about the actual casualty figures.

The only war worth fighting is in defense of home. I have a hard time calling any Afghan "insurgents" or "terrorists". Most of us would do the same were we in their shoes. I'm not too thrilled with the current corporate world makeover/takeover we are enduring. How can this madness be put back in the bottle?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals
I think the only way it can be stopped is if people stop joining the military, but only works if it is a worldwide movement unfortunately. People need to simply refuse to kill each other, I don't see that happening anytime soon

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join