It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$$$ For Illegal Alien Children ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The link below illustrates how $ 182,000,000 was spent by HHS for care, housing, medical, food, and more for 2400 Illegal Unacompanies CHildren for a 4 month period.

So we have have 13.000.000 million food challenged AMERICAN children yet we are throwing this amount of money to illegal children>

WTF is wrong with this picture?

Source

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
ridiculous, ain't it. And I'm half mexican--my late grandmother came from mexico and was not technically an illegal because she assumed her dead infant sister's (who was born in the u.s) name. So she went by the name Gabina instead of Teresa. Yeah. So I know the feels for the illegals and for my mexi brethren.

But feels or no, the point is is that we don't even have enough money to help our homeless people or our poor. It takes a lot of gall to come to the U.S. and demand things 'free'. It's seriously wrong. They need to all go back to where they came from. If they don't like the situation there--change it. Fix your own country. Don't mess up ours. Have some pride and honor.

It makes me mad, too, that we are giving them so much money especially since illegals don't pay taxes now do they?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

Just a thought... if we actually had a government that didn't line the pockets of the military industrial complex and cater to huge corporations - then kids wouldn't have to go hungry, legal or otherwise.

Sadly Americans have been conditioned to abhor the word "taxes" when "social programs" are used in the same context. Trillion dollar bombers? Cool. Feeding the hungry? Communism.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
not technically an illegal because she assumed her dead infant sister's (who was born in the u.s) name. So she went by the name Gabina instead of Teresa.

yeah it is ridiculous.
and to the above
hahahahahahah
i think your grandmother was technically an illegal
just sayin
that was hilarious

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

thats true and i agree
as a country though we should take care of our own citizens first if it is coming from other citizens tax dollars.
if people want to donate on top of that, thats different.
my opinion on it

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Trillion dollar death budget? Okay. That's totally legit. Our country needs smart missiles and million dollar fighter jets, duh. Feeding hungry kids? lol, f### that. We've got wars to win.

Pppbt!

edit on Cpm4Saturday4520145331Sat, 06 Dec 2014 16:45:53 -06002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: cannot abide a typo

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Just a thought... if we actually had a government that didn't line the pockets of the military industrial complex and cater to huge corporations - then kids wouldn't have to go hungry, legal or otherwise.

Sadly Americans have been conditioned to abhor the word "taxes" when "social programs" are used in the same context. Trillion dollar bombers? Cool. Feeding the hungry? Communism.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Oooohhh.

I thought you were selling actual alien babies
Got my hopes up that did

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Right, the same people that will champion our less needy when it comes to this issue are usually the same ones that will then scream about the welfare state.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

thats true and i agree
as a country though we should take care of our own citizens first if it is coming from other citizens tax dollars.
if people want to donate on top of that, thats different.
my opinion on it

I think his point was, instead of being all fired up about feeding some poor kids, we should be all fired up about all the money that goes to the greedy and the power-hungry. As Bill Hicks said, "if we took all the money that we spend on weapons and defense each year, and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world - which it would many times over - not one human would be excluded..."

We are misplacing our anger because we have been well-trained.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I may, or may not, know a guy that knows a guy that knows a guy that just so happened to be behind a certain truck when some certain things fell off of it

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So it will eventually lead to income and wealth limits where people essentially get a basic, small income just for breathing. But then more are dependent upon the system that oppresses them. Even if they're full and housed, it's like giving an abused dog cookies and hoping he doesn't realize he's hurt.

But free money

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I think his point was, instead of being all fired up about feeding some poor kids, we should be all fired up about all the money that goes to the greedy and the power-hungry..

and we should be fired up about that.
this thread however is not about greedy people getting money.
so i stand by what i said
i dont think us citizens tax dollars should go to anything for non us citizens

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

As Bill Hicks said, "if we took all the money that we spend on weapons and defense each year, and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world -which it would many times over -not one human would be excluded..."

This × 1,000,000!

Bill Hicks was a genius. He said a lot of truly brilliant things. Its a shame he left us so early.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

I agree 100%. How many Americans are unemployed, living in poverty, without opportunities? The economy is like a collapsing castle built on sand, we just added more weight.

There's much, much more going on here than just "humanitarianism".
edit on 6-12-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

it sucks.
of course all of our tax dollars could be better spent.
the crazy defense budget and the military complex...its ridiculous.

i think that is a different matter though.

the fact is us citizens are paying taxes and some of that money is going to programs that are not for us citizens.

i just dont agree with it.
yeah, there are a lot of hungry kids in this country. it sucks. a lot of those hungry kids are citizens of this country. its not right that citizen $$ goes to feed illegals and not the hungry citizens.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Kids are kids. If they're here illegally that is the sin of their parents. The kids shouldn't suffer for that.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Kids are kids. If they're here illegally that is the sin of their parents. The kids shouldn't suffer for that.

its not that i want kids to suffer or go hungry...of course i dont want that.
i know its not their fault.
but, all the hungry kids in this country are not being fed...
some are and there has to be a starting point.
that point might as well be with the citizens of this country.

no matter how you slice it, there are going to be hungry kids.....and yes, it sucks

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

No child should go hungry no matter where are they are from. The point is that our own citizen children ARE going hungry while an illegal child is being fed instead. Illegals are acknowledged and helped before our citizens and it seems to be ok with many people. It is not ok. How are our own poor people supposed to feel knowing that people from another country who are here illegally are placed above them? How do you think that makes them feel?

People here don't realize how many of our poor people have fallen through the cracks and are not getting the help they need. We all realize there are poor people all over the world. How can we place other children before our own hungry children> This makes no sense to me. I don't know of any parent, if given the choice to receive food for their kids or food for foreigner's kids that would choose other children above their own.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Take it from a person who, not too long ago, fell through every crack there is and hit rock bottom with no help at all. I get what you are saying - but cannot bring myself to value one childs life over anothers based upon where they were born or where there parents were born.

Immigration is a boondoggle and distraction issue anyway. Politicians scream and yell about it - but the corporations that line the pockets of the politicians have no problems putting illegals to work to save money.

We're allowing unfathombly rich scam artists run our country and brainwash us to the point where we feel like we need to decide which children are worth saving - rather than looking the other way and asking "Exactly what do you need seven hundred billions dollars and tax free status for anyway???"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join