It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor wants to make supporters of same-sex marriage live in houses with bad plumbing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Taken in the right spirit, religion in America is quite amusing; especially with Pastors like these. Their hatred of homosexuality
knows no bounds.

Dr. Jim Garlow, pastor of the Skyline megachurch in San Diego, was discussing his participation in the Vatican’s recent summit on marriage when the conversation turned to same-sex marriage.

Garlow compared same-sex marriage to a house with plumbing installed by a plumber who didn’t understand the difference between male and female fittings on plumbing supplies.

Well Dr. Garlow, plenty of heterosexuals play fast and loose with their plumbing as well. But nevermind that, targeting Gays is so much more fun....

“I recognize it’s on the edge, but I have to say this,” Garlow said. “All the people who advocate for so-called same-sex marriage ought to have to live in homes in which the plumbers who built them, or the electricians who built them, didn’t understand the difference between the male and female end of piping or plumbing or of electrical as well and see how that home works out for them.”

"on the edge?" I wonder what we would find on your computer, preacher!
edit on 6-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hate speech against a group of people. ..take away their tax exempt status.
That goes for any church, mosque or holy place.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Hate speech against a group of people. ..take away their tax exempt status.
That goes for any church, mosque or holy place.

Agreed...but...

They don't view it as discriminatory hate speech. Their holier than thou arrogance cast them in the light of saviors and the anointed voice of all that's holy.

link   
I found this neat thread that looks at quotes from people that are in the public's eye . Some of this stuff is very funny . Two quotes from H.L. Mencken:

“The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed — and hence clamorous to be led to safety — by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” “The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false face for the urge to rule it.”

And three more quotes on knowledge and politics:

“When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power.” -Alston Chase

“The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses.” -Vladimir Lenin

“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule.” -Saul Alinsky

And a little something to motivate all climate “heretics”.

“First they tell you that you’re wrong, and they can prove it.

Then they tell you you’re right, but it’s not important.
Then they tell you it’s important, but they’ve known it for years.”
-CF Kettering, Time Magazine July 11, 1969, pg 54.

On their love for the human race:

Paul Ehrlich, professor, Stanford University: “A cancer is an uncontrolled multiplication of cells; the population explosion is an uncontrolled multiplication of people. We must shift our efforts from the treatment of the symptoms to the cutting out of the cancer.” John Holdren, now President Obama’s science czar made this statement before taking on that role: “There exists ample authority under which population growth could be regulated…It has been concluded that compulsory population-control laws, even including laws requiring compulsory abortion, could be sustained under the existing Constitution if the population crisis became sufficiently severe to endanger the society.”

Ted Turner, billionaire, founder of CNN and major UN donor: “A total population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal.”

David Foreman, co-founder of Earth First!: “My three main goals would be to reduce human population to about 100 million worldwide, destroy the industrial infrastructure and see wilderness, with it’s full complement of species, returning throughout the world.”

David Brower, a founder of the Sierra Club: “Childbearing should be a punishable crime against society, unless the parents hold a government license. All potential parents should be required to use contraceptive chemicals, the government issuing antidotes to citizens chosen for childbearing.” The rest is at wattsupwiththat.com...

link   
As sad as it is, he has the right to say as he desires to his heart content. However, I do have an idea, and one that would make things really interesting, and that would be if he is going to stir up the pot in that area of the world, perhaps it would be prudent to do the next best thing. While they can not stop him legally from speaking, setting up a whole bunch of gay business in the same neighborhood, dance club, bath house, and other venues would be prudent, and displaying things that would be of a same sex nature while the flock is coming and going, would be more prudent and suggest a more fun way to demonstrate. Even perhaps putting in on a regular basis to have say a gay pride parade and festival going down his street where he lives infront of his church and other things, would really liven and irritate him, where he would be forced to deal with such up front. He is in San Diego, there is a very large same sex population. it is time that they started to create and come together as a political force and really put the pressure on him and others like him, instead of expecting others to do it for them.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
That`s not very Christian of him maybe he should practice what Jesus preached since he claims to be a Christian and a follower of Christ.
someone should revoke his "I Am A Christian" card or give him a Jesus decoder ring.
It`s no surprise that to many people the words Christian and Hypocrite are synonymous.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
now there's a nasty one liner...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Or just ignore him . Some people want to be noticed and like they say in advertising that any exposure can be a good thing . a reply to: sdcigarpig

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think that that is why Jesus devoted a whole chapter (13) in the book of Mathew .Quite peculiar that it would be chapter 13 no ? a reply to: Tardacus

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
TPTB want people to think Christians are like this so they only report the ones who say such things. It's the same as making people think all Muslims want the heads of nonbelievers or all Mormons are "a little too free....".

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
wow, a religious leader saying something stupid. who'da thunk....

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The most hateful people I have ever seen or heard of are always deeply religous people. They are so full of hate and are absolutly convinced that their god loves them for it. I used to be one (devout christain) and the more you study that bible and take it all seriously, the more you think EVERYONE and EVERYTHING is 100% evil.

Most of the deeply religous type of people are very sick twisted people. They arent right in the head.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The Newsroom describes this guy pretty well

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I guess this idiot supports your narrative that religious people are nuts and bad and hate everyone. I get sick of seeing Christians and other people of faith persecuted because of a couple of bad apples. I suppose there aren't any stupid gay people or liberals. Only Republicans and Conservatives can be hateful, right?

People like you make it so people like me (non-religious) are forced to defend Christians and Conservatives because of your disingenuous attacks on them. I don't WANT to defend them, but frankly, there are too many people like you that need to spin their story of hate the Christians / Tea Partiers.

Ugh.

edit on 2014/12/6 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

This is an example of one of the many reasons I find religion a form of mental illness.

There is so much they could be talking about that would be positive. Improving the community, helping the homeless, feeding the poor, finding homes for children, directing attention to curing illnesses (they may shy away from that one for obvious reasons), etc, etc, but no they are more concerned with peoples personal lives/sexual preferences and spend so much time addressing that topic.

I don't care what anyones sexual preference is and personally I have found those in the LGBT community as friendly kind people. I am sure there are exceptions but seriously if people can be courteous and kind to each other regardless of personal preferences the world would be a better place. I don't see that happening in the religious community they seem to find reasons to hate be rude and just ruin the world for the rest of us any chance they get.

Rant over...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The plumbing in our house is pretty messed up. The cold spigot is hot and the hot is cold... We support marriage equality. I wonder if his prayers are being answered...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I guess this idiot supports your narrative that religious people are nuts and bad and hate everyone. I get sick of seeing Christians and other people of faith persecuted because of a couple of bad apples.

Not just a couple of bad apples, there are plenty of examples of christians hating homosexuality and oppossing these people rights.
And how is addressing the issue, the same as persecution.
If he (the ''idiot'' as you say) has the right to make such statements then we have the right to comment on what he says.
If you don't share the same opinion with him, then good for you, none persecuting you just because you're a christian.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Be a crap God that...

"I Smite thee gays with bad taps and leaky spigots!!" "that sure showed them Jesus didn't it?".

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula

originally posted by: Metallicus

I guess this idiot supports your narrative that religious people are nuts and bad and hate everyone. I get sick of seeing Christians and other people of faith persecuted because of a couple of bad apples.

Not just a couple of bad apples, there are plenty of examples of christians hating homosexuality and oppossing these people rights.
And how is addressing the issue, the same as persecution.
If he (the ''idiot'' as you say) has the right to make such statements then we have the right to comment on what he says.
If you don't share the same opinion with him, then good for you, none persecuting you just because you're a christian.

Yes, he is an idiot and then you are using him to jump to the conclusion that all (or most?) Christians are evil / bad. You are basically against his bigotry and then displaying your own bigotry against Christians. Congratulations for your perfect example of hypocrisy.
edit on 2014/12/6 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I'm a Christian and I'm neither a Republican or a gay hater. The media only discusses the "bad" ones for a reason.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join