It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia names pilot who shot down MH-17

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Interesting video folks

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Wasn't the Putin assassination rumor debunked the day it came out? On top of that I love how they say MH17 was being tailed by an Su-25. I hate to sound like a broken record but the Su-25's ceiling is far below that of the 777. On top of that the 777 is faster than the Su-25. So somehow this magic Su-25 continuously flew over its ceiling and well over its max speed. I know the Little Engine could do the impossible by saying "I think I can," but in the real world physics rules.

So far i have seen claims of SU-27's being involved.

Max Level Speed at altitude:
(Su-27S) 1,555 mph (2,500 km/h) at 36,090 ft (11,000 m), Mach 2.35
(Su-27UB) 1,335 mph (2,150 km/h) at 36,090 ft (11,000 m), Mach 2.0
at sea level: 870 mph (1,400 km/h), Mach 1.14

I find it quite suspicious that certain people claim that the official word about this fighter yet included a SU-25 as its specs alone would make it quit problematic to fit into it. If you ask me certain people here and elsewhere purposefully misuse the name turning SU-27 into SU-25 to make the claim seem less credible.

edit on 31-12-2014 by everyone because: typo

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Every claim I've seen has been the Su-25. The only time I've seen an Su-27 is in the fake satellite photo.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Russia is the one that originally put the Su-25 meme out there. In a press conference they said they had a radar hit of a potential Su-25 near MH17. Following this press conference the Wikipedia page for the Su-25 was even edited to make it possible for an Su-25 to down a 777. I've seen no sources claiming an Su-27. People only started suggesting the Su-27 after it was shown that the Su-25 didn't have the specs to down a 777. To this day though the only plane named by the Russians is the Su-25.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

New info from Russia www.dailymail.co.uk... .html
'secret witness' at his Dnipropetrovsk air base who says the pilot took off in his Su-17 combat jet on 17 July last year armed with air-to-air missiles.

After landing Voloshin was 'scared', muttering that the incoming 'aircraft' - supposedly MH17 - 'was in the wrong place at the wrong time', according to the unnamed Ukrainian serviceman, now under guard at a secret location in Russia.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

The Su-17 is another ground attack aircraft like the Su-25. Though of higher performance, it is still not equipped for air to air. Ukraine has aircraft in service that are interceptors, so these rumours just sound like they are being made up by people who don't know anything, but want to sound like they do. Obviously a quick bit of research so they could make the original claim seem credible was quite beyond them, therefore there is no reason to take any of it seriously. Why such a big effort to cast doubt that a SAM was used? And why the big rush from ATSErs to support that effort?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Well now, this is interesting. Originally he convinced the investigators that three Su-25s took off. Even passed a polygraph. Now he's convinced them they were Su-17s.

Which is it? There's no mistaking one for the other, and if he could tell they were air to air missiles he should know the difference.

itar-tass.com...
edit on 1/11/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join