It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Dreams?

I am going to try to explain something that I hope there are other individuals out there that can understand. I am going to try to do it in a linear fashion. When I was 3 my mother tells me to this day I woke up one morning and told her I talked to God all night. This is weird for me because I don't believe in a god. I believe in energy and something after but not a god. All through my childhood I was rushed to the hospital for migraines and swallowed Tylenol like it was pez. When I was about 11, something strange happened. I had always remembered my dreams and talked about them the next day to my mom, but this was different.

I went to bed one night and then I woke up. I soon realized I was still dreaming. I had full consciousness, I realized I was in this dream state, I realized I was still lying in bed but in this world that wasn't real. This was really confusing for me. Over the years and once the Internet was established I started to research, read, and consume anything and everything I could on the topic. First I looked up ways to prolong the experience, because once I became aware in a dream I realized how cool it was. As I looked into it more and I learned different ways and techniques to keep myself from actually physically waking up.

I did this since I was about 11 until my 20's when I realized I could control everything when this happened. Then I realized I could keep myself in this dream aware state for a long long time. Sometimes it felt like almost half a day but then I would wake up and look at the clock and it had only been an hour or two. (Is time linear?) (Does it flow different in different states?) As I progressed in my ability to control this state of sleep I lost my grandpa one year. I told my mom (or tried to explain to her what I could do). Obviously she didn't believe me (I wanted her to so bad though). Even though she didn't believe I wanted to try something. I told her I was going to try to see if I could talk to him. I woke up in my dream one night. I was in my old high school. I realized what was going on and I started to call out his name. I screamed for him. I begged him to come talk to me. I turned the corner of the hallway and he was there. We talked for a bit and I asked him, why doesn't he visit anyone else in my family. He simply said "because you are the only one that can see me". Was that me talking to my self? What is something more? I have no idea. However, it was nice talking to him.

At that point I had been having regular dreams sometimes lucid but mostly regular about my friends dad who has passed recently. One night I became lucid and my friends dad was there. I sat down and talked to him like a normal everyday conversation would occur. I was aware I was dreaming. I was completely aware that I was lying in my bed, but I was in this weird dream world talking to a man I knew for 13 years that had passed away. I decided to try a theory. At this point I had been dreaming about him every night (not always lucid) for about 6 months. When I realized I was aware, there were some questions I wanted to ask. So I did. First question was "Do you know where you are?" He said no, but in my dream we were in his back yard. Second question I asked was "Do you know you passed away?". Once again he said no. I explained to him what had happened and he sat there and listened. After that night I only dreamt about him once or twice. That was almost 13 years ago.

Fast forward a bit. I got sick one day. I went to the hospital and they had to do a cat scan. For some reason half my face became paralyzed. Its called bells palsy. The cat scan came back abnormal. The doctors words were, "there's something abnormal about your brain scan but we aren't sure what it is". That got better in about 3 months and everything was okay. Then one day I tried to explain waking up, becoming aware, being fully conscious in my dreams to my sister. She told me I was crazy. She looked at me like no one in this world wants to be looked at. I know it happens, but since it's never happened to her she thought I was nuts. Same thing with my dad. Same thing with my brother. Same thing with my friends. Why did everyone I knew and had grown up with not believe me. Turns out my mom was the only person to broaden her horizon and let me talk to her about it. She doesn't understand it, but she listens. I try to explain it to her but I always feel like she still thinks its all in my mind.

I have had several dreams that turned out to be true a day or two later. I never talk to or tell anyone nowadays about what I dream about or when I have lucid dreams. No one in my circle of family or friends understands. I read about dream spirits one day on the Internet. Guiding spirits that you can communicate with on the dream plane. I thought it was all crazy, but I figured what the hell. When I became lucid one night in my dream I walked around yelling for my dream spirit to come talk to me. He finally came.

For some reason his back was always facing me. I couldn't get a look at his face. He turned every time I tried to get a good view of him. Then I realized he was dressed exactly like Willy Wonka. I hadn't seen the movie in years and there were no commercials or advertisements that I saw with him on it. He told me a bunch of things but what happened the next day was unbelievable. I was in the next room talking to my mom on the phone. My 10 year old at the time (and this was the single and only time he ever did this) started singing umpa, loompa, duppied e doo. I asked him why he was signing that. He said he didn't know, it just popped into his head.

There are a 100 different stories I have like this. My question to the masses is this..... Is there something wrong with me? Is this normal? What's going on? I can't talk to anyone about it and I am sure people on here are going to call me crazy and say I need to have my head checked out, but it doesn't feel weird to me. It's how I have grown up.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Really interesting thread, and I don't think you're crazy.

I've had some odd dream experiences too, including a handful of lucid dreams and one that I feel was precognitive. I have no doubt that many people have had far weirder and more baffling things occur in their dreams than I have.

One thing I can say with confidence is that there are aspects of our reality that are fairly mind-boggling of which we are largely ignorant in our everyday lives.

We need to keep our minds open.

Nothing is impossible.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
thanks for your story. can you share more details? have you ever asked your spirit guides or people who have passed serious questions about "the other side". What is going on there? Why are some people who pass away stuck in a "buffer" zone? What happens when we die? Who created us? Who is he/she?

If I were lucky to experience what you have I would ask a billion questions.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: djbj597922

I think your dreaming experiences sound totally normal. Some people are just natural licid dreamers and you appear to be one of them.

I've always had lucid dreams, ever since I was a child. Bedtime was always fun because I would plan what I wanted to do in my dreams, the dreams rarely worked out as planned but it was still fun to come up with ideas of what to do in the dreamworld. I'm still a heavy lucid dreamer, I dream during 30 minute naps, most people don't dream as soon as their heads hit the pillow, but for whatever reason some people do. As far as the dreams, I know they're not reality and simply just dreams.

Like you, I've had loved ones that have passed away visit in my dreams and do believe it may be them stopping by to say hello.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
its just a dream. your brain is talking to itself. you fall asleep looking for some one and keep looking while you sleep apparently and of course your brain is going to give you that experience. if you think about anything long enough you will dream about it.

now, dreams aren't real. you need to explain how thought can physically manifest in reality, if you believe they do. the willy wanka thing is coincidence. if you had said you saw how to curve time then you actually proved it in real life, i would be more impressed.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Don't worry, I'm sure that you are perfectly normal. I have had very similar experiences and, as with you, nobody wanted to hear about them. I believe that there is a reason for this: your reality is yours and everyone else has a completely different reality that they at present do not want to challenge or change. Remember the saying "ignorance is bliss?" That is probably what we're dealing with. We're all here to experience different realities. I feel very fortunate to be able to experience some very unusual things, so I figured "what the heck," I'll just keep them to myself where they belong. Well, except for occasionally I share here on ATS where there are like-minded people. This reality is nothing like we believe it is. Good luck and happy exploring. Oh, please consider sharing more if/when able. Thanks...a reply to: djbj597922

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
what you had when you experienced realizing that you were in a dream is called Lucid dreaming.

I've always pondered if dreams were real because if they were a manufacture of the brain then how do you know if this reality is real or not and simply manufactured in the brain, actually, how do you know your not dreaming right now?

I was told once in a dream that dreams were other realities, since then i've always believed that we do some kind of quantum jumping.

They say '___' produced in the pineal gland is responsible for dreams and they call it the spirit molecule. The Ancient Egyptians believed the pineal gland was the seat of the soul. The Bible says that man is a trinity of Body, Soul, and spirit. The word psyche means soul, and is of the mind.

What you are doing, in my experience, Is that you are accessing yourself in another reality when you dream, This is what makes the most sense to me, I believe that dreams are real and whenever possible, when you realize you are dreaming, you must assume that you are experiencing another reality, an alternative timeline, if you will.

my 2 cents.

Quantum physicists say that everything that ever could have happened or will happen has already happened in another universe or parallel timeline. The many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics says that every quantum event creates a parralel timeline or universe (Reality.) Albert Einstein said that for us physicists the seperation between past, present, and future is an illusion.

I once read an article where it was said that some scientists believe that Quantum theory proves that consciousness goes to another universe at death. You may be seeing your dead loved ones in a dream and it might actually be them. The Old Testament prophets were said to heavily rely on dreams. I always try to search for prophetic significance in my dreams because i believe that consciousness can go to another universe.

My grandfather passed away a few years ago yet in my dream i tried to hug him and I told him I thought he was dead. He told me that he wasnt ready for that hug yet. Since then i occasionally have dreams that he is alive and well.

edit on 5-12-2014 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RamsOnTop
My spirit guide told me what I was doing in my dreams was wrong. (I was using them for more than g-rated things). He told me that they were not meant for what I was doing and that I should use them for a better purpose. Im not a religious person. I never have been. Neither have my parents. Which is hard for me to grasp because I start to think sometimes that these conversations with passed loved ones are real. Then I think no that's crazy. Then I think where does the dream world come from. Then I think maybe.... just maybe it's something more than just brain activity. Then I think Im crazy again. I always tell me my mom im not a religious person. I just preach the theory of "I Don't Know". I don't know. No one does.

I was just hoping that maybe someone on here is experiencing the same thing. As for the buffer zone between life and death. I had that thought after three people who passed told me they didn't know they were gone. I always wondered why my grandma never came to me. Then one night I called her out. She didn't come but my grandpa did. He told me she wasn't ready and didn't understand yet what was going on. Then one night they came to me together. Only after me telling them did the dreams stop. Was it all in my mind? Probably. Was it something more.....? Who knows. Im not claiming to be anything special. If anything I wish I was more normal. I hate I can't talk about this. I hate that no one understands what its like to do this. Im not a physic or medium or anything like that. Maybe something is happening but maybe its just me talking to myself. However, I find it odd that these things are happening and no one around me can even begin to understand. They think I am making it all up. So now Im on here asking questions. Not because I want approval, but because I want to know that Im not alone in this.

My grandpa, mom, aunt, and uncles always played music every since I could remember. Banjo, guitar, violin, etc... We would get together on holidays and they would always place chairs in a circle in the living room and just jam. (Okay maybe not jam because it was bluegrass music but you get the idea). In one dream my grandpa came to me and brought my uncle who had just passed from cancer. We sat around a fire and talked while they played music. Was it real? Did it happen in some other realm? Was it just all me? I Don't Know! But doing that after they are gone and talking to them with full consciousness is really awesome. I hate not being normal but those moments make it worth while.

There has to be other people out there. I always preach I don't know but I am sure there are others.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Dreams are very interesting.

I don't think there is anything wrong with you and being normal is overrated. I've been having some weird dreams myself. I've already had two different dreams about my deceased grandfather and in both dreams I've spoken to him. I told my mom about the first dream and she thought it was weird and I didn't go into details with her because she gets emotional about it. I don't know the purpose of my grandfather appearing in my dreams, but it's nice seeing him in them. Dreams are weird things and mine are starting to make me feel like they are a different reality.

You are not alone when it comes to the weirdness. It's not a good feeling when you feel like you can't talk about things like this with other people. That's why it's good that ATS exists, there are plenty of people who want think your strange for posting weird things

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Can you email me and explain a lot of your experiences to me? I have been trying to compare experiences. I lost my recollection of dreams since my dad passed away in nov 2012 maybe your journey of understanding will help my journey. [email protected]

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MindfulBuddhaI tried to e-mail you but it said it was unable to deliver the message.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro

I was told once in a dream that dreams were other realities, since then i've always believed that we do some kind of quantum jumping.

Belcastro, I've been told the exact same thing in a dream. I lucid dream quite a lot, and these people were standing around in a semi circle. the sky was a beautiful hue of purple. i realised i was dreaming and asked these people what it felt like being a dream? I was replied with this being another reality; an alternate timeline in a parallel world.

What you are doing, in my experience, Is that you are accessing yourself in another reality when you dream, This is what makes the most sense to me, I believe that dreams are real and whenever possible, when you realize you are dreaming, you must assume that you are experiencing another reality, an alternative timeline, if you will.

I also had thoughts in this dream to not do certain things that would mess up the reality for myself, for there would be consequences just as in this reality here.

Great thread OP

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: absentia

I have always wondered where this dream world comes from. Why does it seem so real sometimes? I have a test when I become aware. I try to float. If I can float then I know its a dream. Its always seemed weird to me that I have to test whether or not Im in a dream. To be honest though, there isn't that much difference to me other than the law of physics. To me the weirdest thing is when I wake up. I can feel it when Im lucid. I know its happening. I feel it happening. One world fades away and then I wake up in reality. Its the oddest thing ever to know your leaving one world (even if its only the dream world) and going back to the normal one. No one I have ever met can understand this.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Thank you for your thread ... No there is nothing wrong with you ... I can relate to much of what your saying as similar things have happened to me from a young age ...

The soul is Eternal ... death should not be feared for there is so much more to being a soul than this world holds ... this I am certain about

You may be interested to read the link below which deals with dreams

www.orissor.com...
edit on 7-12-2014 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2014 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I believe this is fairly normal. There is a wide range of experience when it comes to dreams. Some people don't remember them and others like yourself remember them in detail and can easily switch to lucid dreaming.

You aren't crazy. We are still building up our vocabulary as a society as we try to understand these concepts. So it isn't surprising that most people you talk to are either confused, worried, or disinterested.

The Willie Wonka story is interesting. There are lots of possible explanations from the mundane to the fantastical. For example you may have both seen something that triggered an association with the song. Also, it's possible we are more connected than we realize and he participated in your dream on some level that we don't understand.

I can understand you want to validate your experience, but I would like to challenge you to set aside the need to validate your dreams as something more. Instead, try to integrate the experience into your life. Determine your dreams meaning and how it applies to the life you would like to live. I suspect it may enrich your life in a way you never imagined.

If it is just a dream and it is your mind talking to yourself then my point is the same. Use the dreams as a mirror. If it is something more than that it is essentially an imperative to integrate your experience and enrich your life. This thinking is the same as the g-rated comment you made.

Don't worry too much about where your dreams are coming from. Focus more attention on what they mean

I wish you the best.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Excuse me but I'm only posting because I hope it'll let me post a new thread (I have an urging question)... I did read your 'dreamlog' and I find it interesting. But I find it more interesting to post my own thread.

nhf

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I know this thread is a little old.. but for what it's worth, I don't think you are crazy. When it comes to dreams I have had similar experiences, especially about talking to people/ loved ones who have already passed. I will gladly expand on my experiences, but I just wanted to post a quick reply for now

Just know that you are not alone. And I would definitely talk about them to whoever will listen. It's no fun to feel isolated in any experience.

new topics

top topics

join