It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Fired Immediately When Recorded Choking White Student

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Source

The extreme and well-documented video had many parallels to the Eric Garner choking incident in New York City. But the key differences here are found in the fact that the officer was fired immediately. In addition to this, the student he was caught on video choking never died… Oh, and did we mention that when Frank Phillips, a Knox County Sheriff’s officer, was fired, the victim in that case was Caucasian?

Is it really blatant racism?

Man, do we really suck this bad here in the US?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Yes, quite frankly. The system is broken at every level from the top down and elitist sociopaths are running our country and setting these trends.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It's a big bowl of 'wrong' but will anything change? I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

I dont want to agree with you. I want to believe that people are better then that.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: lightedhype

I dont want to agree with you. I want to believe that people are better then that.

Most of us are. The politicians aren't though, and we need better screening for police officers. Lot's of high quality men and women that graduate good colleges every year and/or who leave the Military every year...Lot's of good, high quality people, that really want to serve and protect and don't join, just to shoot guns and choke people. We just have to find them and hire them.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

If it is the same department then yes but if not then maybe one departamental district did the right thing for a change.

The LEO's and their department in my city seem to be alright but if you go to some other cities here in Florida the LEO's and their department are pure trash.

For me to call it as racism then it would have to be the same department in the same city giving preferential treatment to one then not the other. Does that seem like a fair assessment of the situation?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Yes! And we no longer stand on a moral ground to tell other countries how to treat their citizens.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Two totally different situations. Garner's choke was necessary to get him to the ground, this choke looks like pure rage. I'm glad he was fired, aren't you?

edit on 4-12-2014 by Bone75 because: Oops

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I don't know if it's blatant racism, but it is definitely a big difference between separate jurisdictions. Honestly, we need more Sheriff's and Chief's of Police who are willing to step out and say what is happening is wrong. The quick rush to defend LEO's is admirable, but actually policing your employees is the honorable thing to do. That "thin blue line" has got to be broken. If an officer covers up for another officer, they should receive the same punishment as the one they covered for. Until departments start treating instances such as this as criminal acts, I'm afraid we will see a rise in the separation of police and the communities they are supposed to serve.

There is so much I want to say, but I don't want to start a rant or cause thread drift. I am frustrated by Eric Garner's case, and am having difficulty thinking straight. I wish I had a solution, but I fear we have a long hard road ahead.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

One subject resisting. Gets choked out by an ill advised hold while resisting, with no real clear indication of intent.

Other subject isn't resisting, and is choked out while being handcuffed, with intent to harm clearly shown by the officer.

I'm not saying the NYPD officer wasn't wrong in what he did, but I AM saying the situations are barely similar to each other.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

When did choking someone out become an acceptable method of restraint?

You can put someone totally to sleep with a properly applied choke with little to no force. hell you dont even need to put your hips into it in 3 seconds.

Im not making that up either ive been doing brazilian jiu jitsu since 07 and i was boxing and kickboxing since 03. Ive been around martial arts my entire life.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

You can put someone totally to sleep with a properly applied choke with little to no force. hell you dont even need to put your hips into it in 3 seconds.

Im not making that up either ive been doing brazilian jiu jitsu since 07 and i was boxing and kickboxing since 03. Ive been around martial arts my entire life.

Great. By the time you started kickboxing and boxing I'd earned my first hash mark in the military. So what?

Did you completely skip the part where I said "ill advised hold" and then went on to say "I'm not saying the NYPD officer wasn't wrong in what he did?" Because I feel like I put that in my comment.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

No, each police department operates independently and will make individual decisions on a case by case basis. Also, while the Eric Garner case was unfortunate; he should know better than to fight cops...especially if he had a medical condition like asthma.

I DO NOT like cops in general, but you have to be fair and avoid hyperbole and stupidity when applying your logic. I think the whole black/white thing is irrelevant as we are all being assaulted and abused by LEOs.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Just to clarify, Garner wasn't "choked out". If he was he wouldn't have been saying he couldn't breathe, he would've been snoring.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Don't question the martial arts expert!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I appreciate the compliment.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

The problem with racism is it won't go away until people like OP learn to take white out of the thread's title. Not calling OP a racist, calling him a sensationalist.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Lynk3

I didnt make the title.

Read the link.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

But you had the option of what was put in YOUR title, regardless of what the article's author wrote. What you just said told me nothing except that you're a follower and not a leader.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lynk3

Give me a freaking break.

Obviously you havent spent much time on this website.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join