It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Fired Immediately When Recorded Choking White Student

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lynk3

Give me a freaking break.

Obviously you havent spent much time on this website.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

This would be much more fun if the cop who got fired was black.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Would have been super entertaining.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Yeah you're right. Three years isn't enough on this website to remember a time where conspiracy threads were people acknowledging what they theorized about was false but fun to think about. A time where science and technology threads were the bulk of the front page, along with fragile earth and nature threads. When metaphysics was fun to discuss without an OP being called crazy. When threads about racism never got out of hand.

But give you a break? All those kids who rioted in Ferguson...well they were given ONE too many breaks.
edit on 01412k3 by Lynk3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 01412k3 by Lynk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'm trying to be funny here. Maybe the Knoxville cop was just an absolute embarrassment to authority. Look at that choke!... that is how my wife comes at me when I drink all the milk. You can't do anything with that except look fanatical. He looked like he was going to go into cardiac arrest and pop a hemorrhoid.

The NY cop was gangster. Looks like he works out and has a choke so good it will kill you. That guy is talent and authority needs talent. NY cop is going places.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Don't you dare question my au-thor-a-ty!

looks like your typical roided-out coward cop, showing how powerful he is and how much respect he thinks he is owed.

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the unions pushed to ban steroid testing on officers?
Looks like you got a few of em' chasing your posts around.
Your doing something right!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Don't you dare question my au-thor-a-ty!

looks like your typical roided-out coward cop, showing how powerful he is and how much respect he thinks he is owed.

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the unions pushed to ban steroid testing on officers?
Looks like you got a few of em' chasing your posts around.
Your doing something right!

Did you also hear about unions supporting random drug testing for officers?

Good article about how the Jersey AG going after it with the support of the unions. Despite the fact that it triples the cost of testing and all that

www.nj.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Random drug testing would be great, in my opinion. With marijuana consumption so popular and only getting moreso, it'll be pretty amazing to see how many cops were under the influence when shooting someone or ruthlessly beating them. Remember, one of the side effects of heavy marijuana use is increased paranoia and anxiety. Even Mary Jane herself is dangerous with the right amount.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I hate throwing in the race card but DAMN! Cop gets fired for choking a white kid that was caught on video, yet the NY cop who KILLED a black that was not resisting arrest or anything of that nature doesn't get charged let alone fired? Can we say WTF???What I don't understand is how some people are so oblivious to this. There is an obvious excessive use of force and profiling done on minorities, especially towards black people. My people are hurting, but in some situtation they're also asking to be hurt.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Many departments already test for drug use. Many DON'T test for steroids or HGH. For the most part, if an officer is using coc aine or marijuana or drugs along those lines, they will pop positive if tested.

For whatever reason, the steroid and HGH tests add an exorbitant amount to the cost of the test. Phoenix PD tests for everything and their test costs went from about $35 to about $110 per test.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FeistyFemme

You know what else people are oblivious to? People using one case to judge 100% of the world. White cops get fired and arrested for killing black people all the time. It's just not on the news because the media requires people to report it to them. And people nowadays would rather speak up after everyone else does and wait until things get out of hand before acting on their own free will.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Wouldn't those drugs make someone much more aggressive? Even when off of them? I think the extra cost is worth saving innocent lives from a trigger happy cop pumped up with Popeye's spinach.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FeistyFemme

Not disputing that what happened in NYC was wrong but he was absolutely resisting.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

It's definitely a side effect of steroids, yes. As for HGH, I have no idea. I've never done much reading about it, as I prefer to remain scrawny and wiry.

Of course it's worth testing for it, but the money has to come from somewhere. It's a finite budget. Tripling the cost of one thing means you have to take money away from something else.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Maybe they can cut the budget for scary looking armored vehicles and body armor. Maybe not the body armor so much, but definitely the armored vehicles. Bullet resistant cars with bulletproof windows should be more than enough seen as we aren't apprehending extremist groups by our neighborhood Walmart.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Most of those armored vehicles are bought for pennies on the dollar, because the federal government is practically giving them away. I don't disagree that a department having a dozen of them is probably excessive (except perhaps in a city like LA or New York, simply because of the size of the department and the threats those areas face compared to Podunk, Iowa), but I do see a need for a tactical team to have a vehicle that will afford them increased protection on approach and extraction from high risk situations. On the body armor, I whole heartedly disagree. On many departments, officers have to pay for their body armor as it is. Many others end up buying their own anyway because what's provided is ill-fitting and offers a lower level of protection than what's available.

Uparmoring patrol vehicles is cost prohibitive. That would cost thousands of dollars per vehicle.

I don't know how to fund it. I do know that not every department is going out and buying a dozen armored vehicles. It's a problem with a solution, but something else will have to give.
edit on 4-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Autocorrect fails

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
just to point out on the choking for restraint part
also been doing mma most my life
but being the son of a miltary man

the cops are trained with simular hand to hand fighting

there is 100x less restraint

sparing with my father ment i win or go to sleep and maby he will let go

its just not something i would compare

i will agree training needs to be advanced the primitive training cops get is not whats needed for the avg public

but do understand the numbers a white-yellow in bjj still has little restraint and thats atleast 3 months

the police force dosent have 3 months + money to do this

my solution is to minimalize the use to the choke to begin with

you wouldent give a officer a gun if he didnt know how to shoot it why give them a chokehold if they have no idea how to not kill someone with it

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Source

The extreme and well-documented video had many parallels to the Eric Garner choking incident in New York City. But the key differences here are found in the fact that the officer was fired immediately. In addition to this, the student he was caught on video choking never died… Oh, and did we mention that when Frank Phillips, a Knox County Sheriff’s officer, was fired, the victim in that case was Caucasian?

Is it really blatant racism?

Man, do we really suck this bad here in the US?

The Officer was caught choking a man who wasn't resisting and the Officer gets fired for it and you get mad? Do you people think he shoudn't be fired? Or do you wish the student died? You people have some problems.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Two totally different situations. Garner's choke was necessary to get him to the ground, this choke looks like pure rage. I'm glad he was fired, aren't you?

Why is it necessary to take down cigarette peddlers? Oh because he was big and scary and black, right? Psh you hypocrite

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

Neither officer was permitted to be using a choke hold in the first place so....?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join