It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Why is it when people get to together to protest, the racist don't even attempt to talk about the reason of the protests but concentrate on the bad apples that all protests always bring.

They attempt to deflect the concerns of the peaceful protests and use the bad apples to demonize the entire black protesters.

By the way..why do some white people assume they can speak for the African American race or any minority and their protests? What gives them such great insight?

Unless you deal with racism on a daily basis....maybe you should shut it.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Being outside the situation can bring great insight.
What white people think is what this is all about anyway, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

What white people think is what this is all about anyway, isn't it?

Actually no. This is what is wrong...white people think it is about them.

It is about Institutional racism and bigotry and how everyone should stop turning a blind eye to it.

There are bad people of every race, but thinking it is OK to profile someone based on their age, gender, sexuality or race is wrong.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Perhaps the protestors could use different tactics than wonton looting and mayhem.....This is getting to be a tactic as old as the police response tactics they use........
I don't suppose there are any constructive ways of protest are there?
Naw.....

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Probably the same reason that the people who tear crap up instead of protesting ignore the reason for the protest. Probably because it's pretty hard to ignore when a whole town in the US is in utter chaos and flames. Probably because you can't concentrate on the issue when the background looks like Baghdad. Probably because they get tired of being called a racist for asking why those few bad apples continue to be allowed to distract folks from the real reason for a protest.

Probably because there are tons of folks who love nothing better than to add a few more nails to that gigantic cross they continually burden themselves with unnecessarily.

Probably because there is a town in America that looks like something straight out of a war zone and most people have never experienced anything like it before now. Not on our soil at any rate.

Naturally.... YMMV and I will likely be called a racist for holding a few of these opinions myself. As for whites speaking for blacks? I haven't seen much of that and don't take part in it myself. These divide and conquer tactics work quite nicely though as we can see from the many, many, many threads here on ATS saying exactly what this one does.

If you don't agree with what went down, if you don't blindly support the decisions made concerning Ferguson, if you aren't part of that flock, and if you don't toe the line of an LEO hater extraordinaire.... Then you are a racist.

It's a pointless endeavor to even keep bringing it up. Obviously no one can prove they aren't racist over the internet, so that too... Is yet another thing that keeps being brought up that distracts from the point behind the protest. You aided and abetted in this one it seems.

Bringing up how disgusting the riots and looting are, DOES NOT mean that you don't/didn't support Michael Brown. It DOES NOT mean that you don't think some things need to change. It DOES NOT mean anything other than you think people shouldn't go around town tearing up their neighbor's houses, cars, property, and the businesses there that had nothing to do with any of this. It simply means that you think there might have been a slightly better way to handle this situation other than to play perfectly into an existing, ugly, disgusting stereotype.

Disagreeing with rioting and looting and being a racist are NOT mutually exclusive no matter how many times people try to say otherwise.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 12/4/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

See how you made your entire post about poor you.

Never mind the true idea behind the protests or what they are trying to say.

Sure you can talk about the idiots who loot and crap who basically took advantage of the situation...but what about the reason for the protests...should we completely ignore it and continue to focus on the bad apples...which a lot of you are doing.

When it comes to protests...all your type does is attempt to sway focus away from the true meaning or make it about how poor you and yours is perceived.

You guys are trying to make every single protest the African community is having...a looting free for all. Rarely are the peaceful protests mentioned or why they are doing it.

I am a Native American...I understand what they are going through. For a white person to say...I have experienced a uncomfortable situation once or more in my life..but I got over it...lol...really..how about when you face it on a daily basis.

I make no excuses for the drunks, druggies or criminals of my race...but I shouldn't be held responsible for their actions and looked at like I am part of the problem...I make my own choices and so do they. I do not represent or speak for my people, so why must I also be judged by their character and not my own.
edit on 4-12-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

Sure you can talk about the idiots who loot and crap who basically took advantage of the situation...but what about the reason for the protests..

Free TVs and hair extensions?

How many more looting days until Christmas?

You gamely proclaiming "what the protests are about" doesn't mean anything, unless you were the organizer of the protests. Michael Brown's step-father TOLD us what the protests were about:

"Burn this #-$*@!--er down!"

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: tovenar

Sure you can talk about the idiots who loot and crap who basically took advantage of the situation...but what about the reason for the protests..

Free TVs and hair extensions?

How many more looting days until Christmas?

You gamely proclaiming "what the protests are about" doesn't mean anything, unless you were the organizer of the protests. Michael Brown's step-father TOLD us what the protests were about:

"Burn this #-$*@!--er down!"

According to you. Love how made one idiot an entire spokesperson for the protesters..

There have protest daily around the country..tell me how many of those resulted in looting and burning down their &*(%?

Your view of what is happening is blinded by your bigotry..you only see what you choose. I see people like you attempting to use the idiots as a representation of the protesters. I noticed you never mentioned the peaceful protests since then.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I make no excuses for the drunks, druggies or criminals of my race...but I shouldn't be held responsible for their actions and looked at like I am part of the problem...I make my own choices and so do they. I do not represent or speak for my people, so why must I also be judged by their character and not my own.

Can you really not see how little sense this makes in context with your OP?

"ALL whites are bad M'kay, but I shouldn't be judged based on....." so so damn precious

Flip that script real quick and think about it. "Stop offering your opinion about Officer Wilson. You have no idea what it's like to be white every day. You have never walked in those shoes". Makes no sense does it.

Call me a racist and I'll call you a fraud. We'll either both be wrong or both be right.
edit on 4-12-2014 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Your view of what is happening is blinded by your bigotry..you only see what you choose.

Right back at you. The pot calling the kettle rotund.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

Can you really not see how little sense this makes in context with your OP?

"ALL whites are bad M'kay, but I shouldn't be judged based on....." so so damn precious

Flip that script real quick and think about it. "Stop offering your opinion about Officer Wilson. You have no idea what it's like to white every day. You have never walked in those shoes". Makes no sense does it.

Call me a racist and I'll call you a fraud. We'll either both be wrong or both be right.

Show me where I stated I understood what it was like to be white and that I had the right to speak for Wilson or whites?

In fact show me where Wilson was ever mentioned? Where I stated "ALL WHITES ARE BAD"?

Or are you just creating a narrative out of the blue to make your post relevant when it is not..

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

By the way..why do some white people assume they can speak for the African American race or any minority and their protests? What gives them such great insight?

I'm sorry. I may be mistaken. Have you not offered an opinion on Officer Wilson on these Boards?

Yea, someone needs to shut something alright.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

I'm sorry. I may be mistaken. Have you not offered an opinion on Officer Wilson on these Boards?

Yea, someone needs to shut something alright.

Oh yes..my thread on the klan angle..lol..

What does that have to do with this thread about protests and what they stand for plus why people are trying to make the idiots the focus of the protests...and where did I ever say..."all white people are bad"

Again...a created narrative to make your point valid?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

It's all a blame game. It's like a fight between your children, which one is lying and which is telling the truth? Both will get punished. Both sides are blinded by rage. These peaceful protests wouldn't be happening without the trauma that started all this, so these are just responses to the violence, which was encouraged by MSM, and thugs on both sides of this story. Why did that have to start to begin with, look at the origins here. Once the s**t is rolling you cannot stop it. In the first place things have to change, we need a system overhaul. Quit making others responsible for your life, if you are an adult its all you. This poor me attitude is getting old. We need to see each other as equals, bc we are! Quit blaming others for our situation. There has been oppression, I didn't and wouldn't participate in that, the big key is do no harm to others!! Without that we are just animals fighting for basic survival. What you hate, you are that. What you focus on is what you will continually receive. I focus on all the awesome people that I love. My family is made up of so many different races/colors, I would not and could not hate any of them. Love you all my family! We are the same!!
edit on 4-12-2014 by TM62 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I was watching the protests last night in New York and noticed that most of them seemed to be white. They were protesting the No Bill indictment of the LEO that choked out the black guy who was hawking smuggled smokes.

That is one case I could protest...I don't care what the color of the victim or LEO is. The incident was caught on video, the LEO used a banned move to subdue the suspect, resulting in his death, the coroner even ruled the death a homicide. In this case, there should have been an indictment.

But it does sound to me that you do not want any support from people of other colors. Why would that be? That makes no sense to me and even sounds a tad racist in it's self.

edit on 4-12-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
My problem with Ferguson protesters is that this particular case is a poor example of police wrongdoing. There are plenty of cases of jerk cops abusing their power against people of a races. I am certainly behind the idea of protesting police misconduct and abuse of power, but adding race into it is plain stupid. As human beings we should be uniting as one and supporting each other as we face this problem together.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

But it does sound to me that you do not want any support from people of other colors. Why would that be? That makes no sense to me and even sounds a tad racist in it's self.

I never said..other races should not be involved. My OP is about understanding. If you do not understand what some people face daily...then try not to insert you POV. It makes it invalid.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Done for the night..

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Done for the night..

Good night or day!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

With communication, comes understanding. But if you automatically invalidate my POV just because of the color of my skin, it just seems to invalidate your own OP doesn't it?

So what is it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join